Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help Groups for Snitz Forums 2000 Users
 Help: Database: MySql
 Dumping MySql db and importing into new server ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Webbo
Average Member

United Kingdom
982 Posts

Posted - 21 November 2017 :  22:22:52  Show Profile  Visit Webbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is the easiest way/method/software to dump MySql databases from one server and import into a new Linux server?

What I want to achieve is an easy fool proof quick'ish way of transferring the databases so that they can be run from the new server

Thanks

Webbo
Average Member

United Kingdom
982 Posts

Posted - 21 November 2017 :  23:17:53  Show Profile  Visit Webbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hold fire I think I've sorted it using MySql Workbench

Opened old server connection
Exported schema dbname
Created new connection to new server and MySQL
Imported schema dbname and chose option 'New Schema'

Does that sound ok?
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2017 :  09:19:21  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes sounds ok, I have found the export/import to be fairly painless using MySQL workbench

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

Webbo
Average Member

United Kingdom
982 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2017 :  19:48:00  Show Profile  Visit Webbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Huw,

Yes it went painlessly enough, quite easy to do as long as you remember to click the option to create a new schema when importing for the first time rather than overwrite the previous database you imported

I had one issue with one database but again easy enough to resolve by exporting the database first as separate tables, creating a new schema when importing the first table, then adding a table at a time to that schema until the one causing the error flagged up.
Quick'ish fix and soon sorted
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07