MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 Online Video Mod addon?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leatherlips

USA
1838 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2008 :  19:13:45  Show Profile  Visit leatherlips's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to have some addons for the online video mod? I'd like it to also be able to insert Daily Motion videos. Also, HULU has videos that would be cool to be able to add as well.<

Mangione Magic Forum - The Music of Chuck Mangione

My Mods: Googiespell MOD | Link To Reply MOD | Petition MOD | Contact Page MOD | Share This Topic MOD | MP3 MOD | PageEar MOD | Google Viewer MOD

MarcelG
Retired Support Moderator

Netherlands
2625 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2008 :  01:59:31  Show Profile  Visit MarcelG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Leatherlips, I have the function for DailyMotion, plus some others available here, starting at line 2008 :
http://oxle.com/source.asp?page=inc_func_common.asp
There are two functions you need:
- the function FixUrls(fString)
- the function ReplaceMediaTags(fString)

Also, need a small change in the FormatStr function at the beginning:
	fString = ReplaceCodeTags(fString)
	'replace old tags with new video tag:
 	fString = replace(fString,"[gvid]","[video]")
 	fString = replace(fString,"[/gvid]","[/video]")
 	fString = replace(fString,"[dm]","[video]")
 	fString = replace(fString,"[/dm]","[/video]")
 	fString = replace(fString,"[tube]","[video]")
 	fString = replace(fString,"[/tube]","[/video]")
 	'now interpret the new media tags
	fString = ReplaceMediaTags(fString)

And, one addition at the end of the FormastStr function
	fString = FixUrls(fString)
	FormatStr = fString
	on Error goto 0
end function

One line added to the ChkUrls function:
				(UCase(Right(strArray(Counter-1), 7)) <> "[VIDEO]") and _

Oh, and a new js file: http://oxle.com/video.js
It's not polished, but it's all there.

How to post a video? -> use the [video][/video] tags, and inbetween them simply but the embedding code found at YouTube, DailyMotion, GoogleVideo or MySpace (=untested!).
Enjoy.<

portfolio - linkshrinker - oxle - twitter

Edited by - MarcelG on 23 June 2008 02:00:39
Go to Top of Page

leatherlips

USA
1838 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2008 :  10:58:52  Show Profile  Visit leatherlips's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm a little confused.

Is this an add on to the Online Video MOD that balexandre put together or is it an entirely new video mod? In other words, do I need to have his mod installed before I make the changes you posted or can I just do what you've posted and be done with it?<

My Mods: Googiespell MOD | Link To Reply MOD | Petition MOD | Contact Page MOD | Share This Topic MOD | MP3 MOD | PageEar MOD | Google Viewer MOD
Go to Top of Page

balexandre

Denmark
418 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2008 :  11:44:07  Show Profile  Visit balexandre's Homepage  Send balexandre an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
it's the same, but using only one tag [ video ] [ /video ] instead all the ones I use...

but the source (the "guy" that did the code and had all the work) is the same --> MarcelG

eheh <

Bruno Alexandre
(Strøby, DANMARK)

"a Portuguese in Danmark"

Go to Top of Page

leatherlips

USA
1838 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2008 :  12:52:14  Show Profile  Visit leatherlips's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can the instructions be rewritten to have the new "all in one" [video] tag?<

Go to Top of Page

MarcelG
Retired Support Moderator

Netherlands
2625 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2008 :  14:04:39  Show Profile  Visit MarcelG's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leatherlips

Can the instructions be rewritten to have the new "all in one" [video] tag?

Bruno, that's were you come in. In case of questions, just shout.

BTW ; the [video][/video] tags do not cover the Windows Media Player, Quick Time tag etc. It only covers the previously known tags [tube] for youtube, [gvid] for google video and [dm] for dailymotion (but that one wasn't in Bruno's version I think...)
And, additionally you can now simply put the embed code provided by those videosites inbetween the tags, instead of using the permalinks.<

portfolio - linkshrinker - oxle - twitter

Edited by - MarcelG on 23 June 2008 14:07:16
Go to Top of Page

balexandre

Denmark
418 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2008 :  09:39:29  Show Profile  Visit balexandre's Homepage  Send balexandre an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
but leatherlips, what is wrong with the current MOD?

can't you use it like it is?<

Bruno Alexandre
(Strøby, DANMARK)

Go to Top of Page

leatherlips

USA
1838 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2008 :  10:14:46  Show Profile  Visit leatherlips's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by balexandre

but leatherlips, what is wrong with the current MOD?

can't you use it like it is?

There is nothing wrong with the current mod. I just thought that since there is now the possibilty of an "all in one" video tag it would be nice to have a rewrite of the mod to be able to use it.<

Edited by - leatherlips on 24 June 2008 10:15:04
Go to Top of Page

balexandre

Denmark
418 Posts

Posted - 26 June 2008 :  10:08:43  Show Profile  Visit balexandre's Homepage  Send balexandre an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
it's not All-in-One

it is more like 4-in-one plus all the rest <

Bruno Alexandre
(Strøby, DANMARK)

Go to Top of Page

radiodelicate

Sweden
53 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2008 :  06:50:04  Show Profile  Visit radiodelicate's Homepage  Reply with Quote
is it possible to create a profile field so that users can have a youtube video on their profile pages?<
Go to Top of Page

leatherlips

USA
1838 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2008 :  14:42:24  Show Profile  Visit leatherlips's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by radiodelicate

is it possible to create a profile field so that users can have a youtube video on their profile pages?

I believe so. If you install this video mod then you can use one of the existing fields in the profile such as "Latest News". You can rename it to "My Media" or something like that. Then all you have to do is paste the url to the video in your profile page between the [video][/video] tags and it should work.<

Go to Top of Page

leatherlips

USA
1838 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2008 :  14:58:42  Show Profile  Visit leatherlips's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm having trouble getting this video tag to work. I must be adding the code in the wrong places.<

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07