New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2008 :  21:53:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Occasionally we all have users who break the rules. There's a "User Warning" mod just for the occasion. But suppose you want to take a misbehaving user out of the general population ... but don't want to ban him/her until the user has a chance to rebut/explain.

Enter the Amnesty mod....

The Amnesty MOD is designed for administrators who (1) have a need for occasionally restricting users who misbehave and need reminding of forum rules, and (2) who have already installed both the Events Mod & the User Groups Mod.

Steps for Use: Create a forum category which only contains one area (I called mine "Correctional Custody"). Then, using the User Groups Mod, create a user group which has access to ONLY that area. Misbehaving users will be assigned to that User Group.

The Amnesty MOD provides administrators with a random-number generator which will select a date from a range that you choose (1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year). Then put that date into the Events calendar as a "General Amnesty" date on which you release any/all users who are currently in custody.

You can get a copy here: SnitzBitz<

Edited by - Carefree on 17 May 2008 07:39:02

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2008 :  02:56:15  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the MOD, CareFree!<
Go to Top of Page

Maxime
Average Member

France
521 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2008 :  05:30:27  Show Profile  Visit Maxime's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
The Amnesty MOD is designed for administrators who (1) have a need for occasionally restricting users who misbehave and need reminding of forum rules, and (2) who have already installed both the Events Mod & the User Groups Mod.

Hello Carefree,
I do not see the mods to only speaking you in the quotation which I post there! in the forum snitzbiz. Can you put the bonds corresponding to these mods, thank you very much
<

Cordially,
Maxime

Taxation consists in so plucking the goose to get the most out of feathers with the least possible cries.(Jean-Baptiste Colbert)

Edited by - Maxime on 17 May 2008 05:32:24
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2008 :  07:39:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I put links to the other two mods in my post. Enjoy.<
Go to Top of Page

Maxime
Average Member

France
521 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2008 :  10:34:23  Show Profile  Visit Maxime's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Carefree, it seemed to me well that they was these two there! But not sour. the translation of English to French plays me of the turns with altavista.<

Cordially,
Maxime

Taxation consists in so plucking the goose to get the most out of feathers with the least possible cries.(Jean-Baptiste Colbert)

Go to Top of Page

texanman

United States
410 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2008 :  14:27:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carefree
I couldn't locate the post for the usergroups mod. I installed the usergroup mod and have a question.
Does a usergroup setup overrides the forum setup?
For example, let us say I have a private forum A which has one allowed member X. If I set up a usergroup in which I deny members of the group from accessing forum A, does X get denied From forum A as well or not?

regards<

Edited by - texanman on 09 July 2008 14:28:49
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2008 :  20:48:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, X would be denied access to A, thus he couldn't spell Xavier.<
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07