Posted - 01 December 2002 :  18:12:49  Show Profile
Can I use this mod with 4.0 beta 3<
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2002 :  16:27:04  Show Profile
If the instructions that come with the mod doesn't say you can use it with version 4.0, then you will have to make the necessary modifications for it to work with v4.0.<

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

mcain004
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2002 :  06:20:38  Show Profile
Is there any way an admin can find out who voted for what? For example if I have a poll asking people if they will be attending a christmas party I would like to know who is selecting yes,no or undecided. Thank you.<
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2002 :  18:07:56  Show Profile
You can't with this mod. The voting is anonymous meaning no one knows who voted for what.

You would need to do some extra coding and database modifications to store which option each user voted on then display that data.<

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

mcain004
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2002 :  07:16:43  Show Profile
Thanks Davio.<
Go to Top of Page

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2002 :  00:38:38  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mcain004

Is there any way an admin can find out who voted for what? For example if I have a poll asking people if they will be attending a christmas party I would like to know who is selecting yes,no or undecided. Thank you.

Actually there kinda is a way already but it is a little risky if you don't know ASP. There is a MOD named WhoViewedThis that will show who viewed a topic. I believe, by voting and then viewing a topic, it should tell you who voted. But it may not be accurate as it will tell you who viewed a topic but may or may not have voted. I have it installed and that is how I tell who has viewed important topics. Not accurate but works for me. Might work for you. Do a search for the name. The risky part is that the author refuses to support it. If you know ASP then it shouldn't be a problem. I had a problem (as did several others) and the author never fixed it. I finally got it working for my site.

Mike
<
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 24 December 2002 :  13:05:45  Show Profile
The poll mod has been updated. Just fixed a bug with the featured poll table on the default.asp page. One of the table borders of the table were not showing, due to some incorrect colspans for the table.

I am also working on a new page for users to put thier featured poll on the front page of thier site, outside of thier forum. It seems that using the included inc_poll.asp file is too tedious to get to work, especially for seasoned programmers like myself.

As usual I will need the opinions of some of the poll mod fans. I am giving the Site Poll (that's what I am calling it) it's own admin options (can turn it on or off, along with other features I will think up of). It will be similar to the way the featured poll is displayed and functions in the forum.
Anyone has any thoughts on the Site Poll feature?<

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

gareth_moore_2000

United Kingdom
262 Posts

Posted - 26 December 2002 :  10:42:18  Show Profile
I just installed this mod, its great BTw !

However, when I go to edit the poll/topic, it does not come up with the options then then comes up with an error message in post_info.asp

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'cint'

/forum/post_info.asp, line 460

I saw that this was fixed in the latest version, however I already run on the letest version !

Any help ?!

<
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 26 December 2002 :  17:16:53  Show Profile
quote:
Any help ?!
You won't get any until you read my first post...the one in the really big letters.<

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

byoung
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 26 December 2002 :  19:12:02  Show Profile
Hey Davio,

Does the poll only support one question?

Barry<
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2002 :  00:31:11  Show Profile
umm, I don't understand what you mean.

You can hold as many questions in a poll as the message box can hold. You just have a maximum of 15 answers to a poll. You can create more than one poll if you wish.<

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

skyhawks

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 30 December 2002 :  20:35:23  Show Profile  Visit skyhawks's Homepage
Hey Davio,

hows the new version of the Poll coming along??

sky<

----------------------------------------

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 31 December 2002 :  10:50:26  Show Profile
It's ok. I have decided to change around some things the more I work on it. I am going to release it as a poll mod add-on and not include it with the original poll mod. Not everyone will want it.

Also decided not to store the site poll variables in application variables. Too many application variables isn't good. So I'm getting them directly from the database instead.

Soon be ready for beta testing. And I guess you will be the lucky beta tester before I release it.<

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

skyhawks

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 31 December 2002 :  11:52:09  Show Profile  Visit skyhawks's Homepage
kool.. thanks. and happy new year to you. if you going to get caught, dont drink and drive.<

----------------------------------------

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07