Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

lcs78816

195 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2001 :  22:46:32  Show Profile
quote:

Hmm...

I'm not sure what it could be right now. The only modification to the SQL string is the order by part of the SQL statement. From what you described about huwr's mod, it would be best to have that appear first in the order by, followed by the order by field from this mod. I'll have to look into huwr's mod, it sounds like something I'd be interested in anyways.

Something else to check - are all the field names (that are at the top within the variables section) available in your SQL string? Probably.

Select Case strtopicsortord
Case "asc"
strSortOrd = " ASC"
Case Else
strSortOrd = " DESC"
End Select

Select Case strtopicsortfld
Case "topic"
strSortCol = "T_SUBJECT" & strSortOrd
Case "author"
strSortCol = "T_AUTHOR" & strSortOrd
Case "replies"
strSortCol = "T_REPLIES" & strSortOrd
Case "views"
strSortCol = "T_VIEW_COUNT" & strSortOrd
Case "lastpost"
strSortCol = "T_LAST_POST" & strSortOrd
Case Else
strSortCol = "T_LAST_POST" & strSortOrd
End Select

What was the error message? Could you post a copy here?

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yep, the code is exactly the same in forum.asp, there's no error message, but the sorting got messed up

Go to Top of Page

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2001 :  22:53:09  Show Profile
quote:

since the server end (ReadyHosting)

Hey, I'm just one virtual directory down from you.

(I'm hosted on readyhosting too.)

At some point and probably the fastest way for me to attempt to help, if you could zip up your forum.asp file and make it accessable, I could take probably take a look at it. Also, do you have a url for the addinplace mod?

Thanks,
Dave

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

lcs78816

195 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2001 :  23:08:48  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

since the server end (ReadyHosting)

Hey, I'm just one virtual directory down from you.

(I'm hosted on readyhosting too.)

At some point and probably the fastest way for me to attempt to help, if you could zip up your forum.asp file and make it accessable, I could take probably take a look at it. Also, do you have a url for the addinplace mod?

Thanks,
Dave

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

ccc... now you know how gay is Readyhosting....
Huwr's AddinPlace is here
addinplace

It's not neccessary for me to zip it, cause I haved translate 90% to Chinese. But I think you can tell the difference from those two temp forums. But in case if you really want a copy, I don't mind zip it to you.

Edited by - lcs78816 on 25 May 2001 23:09:45
Go to Top of Page

blackinwhite
Average Member

Turkey
657 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2001 :  06:14:18  Show Profile
I have Huwr's addinplace mod insatalled and I have the same problem actually. I'll be happy if you write the result in the forum.

Go to Top of Page

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2001 :  11:31:32  Show Profile
lcs78816,
I've looked at my demo and also your second demo, but I haven't seen anything messed up. Can you describe what the messed up part is? Is it an error message or do things not show up right when you make a certain selection?

Note for users who have HuwR's addinplace mod:

I've installed the addinplace mod in the demo.

The modification in forum.asp to coexist with the addinplace mod is to modify HuwR's SQL in the forum.asp page to look like this:
strSql = strSql & " ORDER BY " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS.T_INPLACE DESC "
strSql = strSql & " , " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS." & strSortCol & " "

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by - work mule on 26 May 2001 23:52:37
Go to Top of Page

blackinwhite
Average Member

Turkey
657 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2001 :  12:57:02  Show Profile
it give me this in forum.asp.
ADODB.Recordset error '800a0bb9' 

Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.

/forum/forum.asp, line 241

set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
rs.cachesize=20

Line 241=> rs.open strSql, my_Conn, 3
if not (rs.EOF or rs.BOF) then
rs.movefirst
rs.pagesize = strPageSize
maxpages = cint(rs.pagecount)
rs.absolutepage = mypage
inttotaltopics = rs.Recordcount
end if

end if

Edited by - blackinwhite on 26 May 2001 12:58:39
Go to Top of Page

lcs78816

195 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2001 :  13:22:06  Show Profile
hmm.....wierd...now its working.......
hmm....

Go to Top of Page

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2001 :  18:54:09  Show Profile
quote:

Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.

/forum/forum.asp, line 241

blackinwhite, if it still doesn't work, you could zip up your forum.asp file and send it to me. I can't promise that I'll locate the problem, but I can try. It may have to do with the SQL string being constructed? BTW, what database are you using? (not that it matters...but there's some unique coding for mySQL in that file.)

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2001 :  00:01:38  Show Profile
quote:

?

I received this error message when I was setting up a new test forum with both addinplace and topic paging, but the reason was because I didn't have the TOPICS.T_INPLACE field (for the addinplace mod) in the database. But you would have received this error prior to installing the paging mod if that was the case. So I guess I'm still clueless why anyone would get that error.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

lcs78816

195 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2001 :  01:51:55  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

?

I received this error message when I was setting up a new test forum with both addinplace and topic paging, but the reason was because I didn't have the TOPICS.T_INPLACE field (for the addinplace mod) in the database. But you would have received this error prior to installing the paging mod if that was the case. So I guess I'm still clueless why anyone would get that error.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think there's a setup file in the addinplace mod.....
Which alter Topic table.....I think, cause I am not a programmer

Go to Top of Page

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2001 :  05:34:55  Show Profile
I just updated the zip file for this mod. The update was to the topic sort portion at the bottom of the main table at forum.asp. The individual cells were removed and the days select list was shortened to allow for a smaller table and for better wrapping.

When the browser window was narrow, the table didn't wrap cleanly. The select box has also been pared down so that the options no longer read "Show topics from...". It reads a bit better now.

You should be able to copy that entire section of code over the previous version. It starts at @Line 235 in the download text file.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Flaimo

Austria
72 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2001 :  21:51:51  Show Profile  Visit Flaimo's Homepage  Send Flaimo an AOL message  Send Flaimo an ICQ Message  Send Flaimo a Yahoo! Message
the instruction file is a little bit mixed ... what code do i need now, if i just want to have the topic sorting mod. i dont need the paging mod

flaimo,

http://flaimo.com/famousfonts
Go to Top of Page

blackinwhite
Average Member

Turkey
657 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2001 :  05:43:30  Show Profile
I'll try in a few minute, and say the results

blackinwhite
Average Member

Turkey
657 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2001 :  06:11:19  Show Profile
here is my forum.asp file.

http://216.180.108.148/forum.txt

thanks in advance work mule.

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2001 :  10:38:14  Show Profile
Flaimo,

The instructions for implementing only the topic sorting mod is included in the download file.

blackinwhite,

I'll have a look at this and I'll have to get back to you later today. Memorial Day activities to attend to.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07