Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

jumpingflash
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2001 :  10:41:29  Show Profile
I get this now (with the new ACCESS version)

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0005'

Invalid procedure call or argument: 'Left'

/archinet/forum/content.asp, line 619

I tried to look for it but I could not solve the problem....

Can anyone help me ?

Edited by - jumpingflash on 06 June 2001 11:15:42
Go to Top of Page

Deleted
deleted

4116 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2001 :  14:53:44  Show Profile
quote:

Can anyone help me ?

It must be because of the fact about the test on message/subject length=0 case I mentioned before. Probably Rob changed the original version to correct the issu, but not the Access one.

Just use message/subject length = 9999 instead of 0.

Could you correct the previous error you reported?

Think Pink
Go to Top of Page

jumpingflash
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2001 :  15:02:33  Show Profile
Thank A LOT !!! Bozden, now it works (with 9999, stupid I didn't think about that !!).

And now let's try my luck for today....

This what I would like to do...

I see the Link or part oe the article with the MOD, then I normally click on the link and it makes me go to the topic on the forum... right?
Well, is there a way i can click on the link and make a page open with that topic (taken from the forum), instead of opening the forum itself ? I would like to keep the forum hidden...

Thanx for any help (and thanx again for making my MOD work !!)

Go to Top of Page

Bookie
Average Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2001 :  15:58:06  Show Profile  Visit Bookie's Homepage  Send Bookie an AOL message  Send Bookie a Yahoo! Message
Copy case 1 of the Display Mode (Basic) and make another case called 11 but strip the links out of it.

Link your messages to another page (anypage.asp) with the Topic ID in the url (anypage.asp?Topic_ID=whatever).

On anypage.asp...
ID = Request.Querystring("Topic_ID")
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="config.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_functions.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="content.asp" -->

<BODY>
<% DisplayContent 1, ID, 2, 11, 0, 6, 1, 9999, 9999, 0, 0 %>

Hope that helps.

Bookie

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your home."
- George Carlin

Edited by - Bookie on 06 June 2001 15:59:05

Edited by - Bookie on 07 June 2001 08:18:36
Go to Top of Page

jumpingflash
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2001 :  18:37:19  Show Profile
This is what i tried to do :

<%
ID = Request.Querystring("FORUM_ID") %>

<!--#INCLUDE FILE="config.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_functions.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="content.asp" -->

<% DisplayContent 1, ID, 2, 3, 6, 1, 9999, 9999, 0, 0 %>

And I changed the option number 1 (links only) just by clearing TOPIC_ID, CAT_ID... and leaving just FORUM_ID, as I wanted the link to open a page (any.asp) with the content of the whole forum_id...

It sounded great to me because I didn't have to predetermine a topic id (or forum_id like in this case) but depending on the message I could open an any.asp with the forum_id the message came from.

This is how I counstructed the link :

<a href="<%=strForumURL%>any.asp?FORUM_ID=<% =rs("FORUM_ID") %>">

I post it as mayba it can be of some help to anybody who wants to make the same use of the MOD.

Thanx to everybody.

(be back if I have more questions, as you all have been nice).

Edited by - jumpingflash on 06 June 2001 19:26:26
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2001 :  20:55:22  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
quote:

<SNIP>...
This what I would like to do...

I see the Link or part oe the article with the MOD, then I normally click on the link and it makes me go to the topic on the forum... right?
Well, is there a way i can click on the link and make a page open with that topic (taken from the forum), instead of opening the forum itself ? I would like to keep the forum hidden...

Thanx for any help (and thanx again for making my MOD work !!)

Just trying to understand, exactly what you want...

Do you want to click on the link and go to a page that shows the full text of the message, but not from within the normal forum page where the topic resides -- specifically, the topic.asp page -- some other page that just displays that message isolated form the forum altogether?

Hmmm... I like this idea.... have to think about it...

Rob Poretti
Sascom Marketing Group ~ Toronto
vox.905.825.5373 fax.905.825.5960

Edited by - Rob Poretti on 06 June 2001 20:57:43
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2001 :  21:03:28  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
quote:

quote:

Can anyone help me ?

It must be because of the fact about the test on message/subject length=0 case I mentioned before. Probably Rob changed the original version to correct the issu, but not the Access one.

Just use message/subject length = 9999 instead of 0.

Could you correct the previous error you reported?

Think Pink

Yes, this is the case... I posted the Access version "as is" since I would not be able to test it after I made any changes. I mentioned this when I posted the new link to the Access version of the download.

Sorry about that!

Rob Poretti
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2001 :  00:22:15  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Well, it turns out I somehow spaced out and I did not update the zip file...

Sorry about that... thought I did (must have been more tired then I thought...)

Anyway, this has been fixed...

Rob Poretti
Go to Top of Page

jumpingflash
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2001 :  06:21:34  Show Profile
ROB.... or anyone.. i don't understand why when I put the <!--#include file="content.asp" --> or any other on my page, it shows the whole code on the page (some of it yellowed in Ultradev).... If i do it on a BLANK page, it does not, if i do in the page I want to show content in (like in a table of an already done page) it does this mess...
Please help me, as the content for me is useless if I cannot put it on the page !!

Go to Top of Page

e3stone
Average Member

USA
885 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2001 :  06:26:11  Show Profile  Send e3stone an AOL message
Are you just pasting the <!--#include file="content.asp" --> into your page? sometimes those macromedia products will do that. It'll have "MM:something" and then a bunch of garbage. if that's your problem, then just trying typing the include call in manually.

<-- Eric -->

InsideWaco.com
Go to Top of Page

stupidity
Starting Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2001 :  07:42:27  Show Profile  Visit stupidity's Homepage
I’m a Major Newbie with SQL and wondered if anyone can help, I love this MOD and have used it extensively however there is one function I wish it could do.

I want to display a list of forums from within a category on a page within the site I’m developing

i.e. I have a list/category of accommodation which I display under City forum names

Category = Accommodation -> Forums = Blackpool, Brighton, Birmingham etc -> Topic = hotel 1, hotel 2 hotel 3 etc

On the site accommodation page I want to list the forum ID as a link into the forum

i.e.
Blackpool = forum.asp?FORUM_ID=58&CAT_ID=17&Forum_Title=Blackpool+Accommodation
Brighton
Birmingham

There are a few other areas within the site where this ability would be handy but being totally lacking in any expertise with SQL have failed dismally at doing this myself (last attempt was at modifying inc_jump_to.asp but got hopelessly lost and frustrated)

If anyone has modified this MOD with this ability, or, could provide the coding to achieve this with or without the MOD I would be very grateful

btw I'm using access 2000 Db

Edited by - stupidity on 07 June 2001 07:44:53
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2001 :  08:53:03  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
quote:

ROB.... or anyone.. i don't understand why when I put the <!--#include file="content.asp" --> or any other on my page, it shows the whole code on the page (some of it yellowed in Ultradev).... If i do it on a BLANK page, it does not, if i do in the page I want to show content in (like in a table of an already done page) it does this mess...
Please help me, as the content for me is useless if I cannot put it on the page !!

<!-- #include file="content.asp" -->

That statement should not be othersise enclosed in either html tags (the < or > barackets) or script tags, (the <% or %> brackets.)

Otherwise, it sounds like an UltraDev problem... because there is no rocket science here... you could do this in notepad and it would work... Sorry!

Rob Poretti
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2001 :  09:28:56  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
quote:

<SNIP>...

I want to display a list of forums from within a category on a page within the site I’m developing

i.e. I have a list/category of accommodation which I display under City forum names

Category = Accommodation -> Forums = Blackpool, Brighton, Birmingham etc -> Topic = hotel 1, hotel 2 hotel 3 etc

On the site accommodation page I want to list the forum ID as a link into the forum

i.e.
Blackpool = forum.asp?FORUM_ID=58&CAT_ID=17&Forum_Title=Blackpool+Accommodation
Brighton
Birmingham
<SNIP>...

Edited by - stupidity on 07 June 2001 07:44:53

Hi,

This is possible with this mod but it was not this mods intent to do this. The design of it is so that you can enter ANY values in ANY parameter (and given that you have real forums/topics to return) you would not have an error. What you asked can be done as a hack, but it will break this rule -- you will only be able to enter specific parameters to get this particular DisplayMode to work. (Other DisplayModes will still be fine of course.)

Before I do this for you (unless I can figure out a better approach then I'm currently thinking, it will not be included in the general release), do you have the CURRENT mod working on your forum? (Current is the keyword here -- it was updated yesterday, by the way.)

Rob Poretti

Edited by - Rob Poretti on 07 June 2001 10:08:44
Go to Top of Page

stupidity
Starting Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2001 :  09:39:01  Show Profile  Visit stupidity's Homepage
quote:

Hi,

This is possible with this mod but it was not this mods intent to do this. The design of it is so that you can enter ANY values in ANY parameter (and given that you have real forums/topics to return) you would not have an error. What you asked can be done as a hack, but it will break this rule -- you will only be able to enter specific parameters to get this particular DisplayMode to work. (Other DisplayModes will still be fine of course.)

Before I do this for you (unless I can figure out a better approach then I'm currently thinking, it will not be included in the general release), do you have the [b]CURRENT[b] mod working on your forum? (Current is the keyword here -- it was updated yesterday, by the way.)

(

Rob Poretti

The version I have running on the site is dated (the zip) 25/5/01 however I modified it with the code in this topic to get it to work with Access I didn't know if the version you updated today would work correctly with Access so the principle if it ain't broke why fix it came into operation

Go to Top of Page

jumpingflash
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2001 :  11:24:51  Show Profile
I did it finally. No Macromedia faults, just plain dumb Jumping mind !! :DDDDD

Now it works flawlessly, and I must say you can do many more things than the mod was supposed to (anything you can do with data taken out of a database, that is !!)

I put up my site like a little portal that takes news from the forum (used by our writers to send the articles, FROM HOME!), and displays them on the page, and every news item can then be read in a standalone page or viewed with all the news in that category (by date..)...

All this is great, thanx Rob for the MOD, and thanx Bozden for help.

Jumpingflash

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07