Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

stupidity
Starting Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 21 June 2001 :  16:46:28  Show Profile  Visit stupidity's Homepage
quote:

Sorry Rob... tried to look at the code (did not install it) you posted a few lines up, but cannot figure out what exactly it does....

Hi

The code you are refering to is for generating links to forums within a category kinda like a menu system.

I'll be posting a few changes on the site tomorrow (by 12pm GMT) which will show it's usage

Stupidity
The Gay Tour Site

Edited by - stupidity on 22 June 2001 04:28:25
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 21 June 2001 :  22:06:37  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
quote:

Sorry Rob... tried to look at the code (did not install it) you posted a few lines up, but cannot figure out what exactly it does....

That code was for a specific mod that Stupidity requested: To display a list of Forums as links to forums -- not topics like the current mod does.

Unless you want this feature, ignore it...

Rob Poretti
Sascom Marketing Group ~ Toronto
vox.905.825.5373 fax.905.825.5960

Oops! didn't realize someone responded....

Edited by - Rob Poretti on 21 June 2001 22:07:38
Go to Top of Page

stupidity
Starting Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2001 :  04:41:12  Show Profile  Visit stupidity's Homepage
Right for those that want to see a quick and dirty usage of the Modifications to the MOD listed 9 or 10 post above please check out these links Example 1 Example 2 in both examples you will see menu lists that take you to particular Forums within the site (Almost gets rid of the need of a default forum page )

Stupidity
The Gay Tour Site

Go to Top of Page

jumpingflash
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2001 :  07:25:34  Show Profile
I see... could be useful...

THanx both of you for clearing up my ASPmind!

Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2001 :  01:34:42  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
I've temporarily disabled admin functions for the new Display content Editor on my web site. So, although I'm not ready to post the new version yet, if you want to play with the editor, feel free:

http://64.225.137.179/Cube-Tec_Forums/content_test.asp

You can see what the new graphical modes look like and how the various safe modes affect the message output, ('Custom' is not yet implemented.)

I think the legends have been updated properly so you can see what is happening. I'll go over it with a fine tooth comb when I'm back from a business trip at the end of the week. I'll post the new files then...

Cheers,

BTW, I've noticed the ForumsStatus parameter is not working properly, it will get fixed when I get back...

Rob Poretti

Edited by - Rob Poretti on 24 June 2001 06:20:25
Go to Top of Page

Deleted
deleted

4116 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2001 :  07:24:09  Show Profile
Hi Rob,

If you don't mind, I'd like to get rid of the distinc Access version and incorporate code to allow both database types - if you didn't do it already. Just inform me whenever you're ready to release your up2date code.

Cheers!

Think Pink
Go to Top of Page

SimonT

United Kingdom
202 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2001 :  14:20:36  Show Profile
Great mod can't wait till its out like the online admin part
Go to Top of Page

blackinwhite
Average Member

Turkey
657 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2001 :  14:39:25  Show Profile
one thing.

Great

____
"I am a legal alien"
Go to Top of Page

redfive
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2001 :  10:15:32  Show Profile
gReat mod, one problem.

when i click on the article on my hp, it takes me to the forum thread, but the navigation elements are all blank (forum anme and title aren't passed in the url).

how do i fix?

Go to Top of Page

Bookie
Average Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2001 :  13:56:27  Show Profile  Visit Bookie's Homepage  Send Bookie an AOL message  Send Bookie a Yahoo! Message
quote:

gReat mod, one problem.

when i click on the article on my hp, it takes me to the forum thread, but the navigation elements are all blank (forum anme and title aren't passed in the url).

how do i fix?

I had this problem too. In the content.asp page, change the hyperlinks from topic.asp?... to link.asp?Topic_ID...

It's pretty quick and painless.

Bookie

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your home."
- George Carlin

Edited by - Bookie on 27 June 2001 13:57:08
Go to Top of Page

jumpingflash
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2001 :  06:55:58  Show Profile
Hi Rob.. did you anywhere mention the possibility to avoid showing topics from private forums ? I see you have this option on your test site... (anyway I use the Bozden's ACCESS version...)

(oopss BOZDEN just read your post... yes it would be great to have one version for all databases... thank you for working on that!)

Edited by - jumpingflash on 28 June 2001 06:57:31
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2001 :  10:52:58  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
quote:

quote:

gReat mod, one problem.

how do i fix?

I had this problem too. In the content.asp page, change the hyperlinks from topic.asp?... to link.asp?Topic_ID...

It's pretty quick and painless.

Bookie

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your home."
- George Carlin

Edited by - Bookie on 27 June 2001 13:57:08

redfive and Bookie: This is fixed in the upcoming version that I should finished by mid this week... been out of town all week...

Cheers!

Rob Poretti
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2001 :  10:54:21  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
quote:

Hi Rob.. did you anywhere mention the possibility to avoid showing topics from private forums ? I see you have this option on your test site... (anyway I use the Bozden's ACCESS version...)

(oopss BOZDEN just read your post... yes it would be great to have one version for all databases... thank you for working on that!)

Edited by - jumpingflash on 28 June 2001 06:57:31

Yes this should be working next week and will be available in the new version next week...

Cheers!

Rob Poretti
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 02 July 2001 :  11:49:49  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Hi guys and gals...

Well, I got the private forums thing working -- sort of... The chkDisplayForum function is not working like I thought it would... I've posted a help request in general help. If anyone is interested in the specific issue and feel that they can help, here is the link...

I think this is the only outstanding issue...

I will endeavour to have only one version for Access/SQL. I may need help here for testing... The SQL statement has changed a bit. Although it is a little larger (more fields), it is also simplified, so it might work right away for both...

As soon as I get this fixed I'll post the update... anyone look at the new editor and saw the new graphical modes?

Cheers!

Rob Poretti

Edited by - Rob Poretti on 02 July 2001 11:51:23
Go to Top of Page

simonduz

161 Posts

Posted - 03 July 2001 :  15:42:48  Show Profile  Visit simonduz's Homepage  Send simonduz an ICQ Message  Send simonduz a Yahoo! Message
Rob I know you are currently working on other issues but I need to ask.
Can you dish out a beta copy of the code with the new graphical modes as is
I would really like to see how the new table structure with the new icons is going to look on my site and how it will effect the placement of the includes I want to use. The private forum issues are not an issue on my site yet.
Thanks.

http://easyromantic.webbhost.net -[test site]-
yada, yada.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07