Page: of 4

ahimanikya
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2001 :  22:23:17  Show Profile
quote:

Here the best free classifieds:
http://eawuy.brinkster.net/demo/

This is a good one , if someone can snitzify it that will be great !!

Go to Top of Page

Tiki
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2001 :  06:59:39  Show Profile
quote:

Why am I getting this error whenever it tries to disply an ad?

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '='.

/forum/inc_functions.asp, line 1136

For some reason, if I add the line
if not rsAds.EOF then why=rsAds("added_by")
it can at least get the added_by variable from the query, but it is still missing other information from the query. Seems really goofy..

ww.sumofx.com/

Found the reason to the prob. If you are using SQL Server, you need to place fields of type TEXT, NTEXT etc as the last retrieved fields in your SQL statement.
e.g. in file classifieds_detail.asp the following lines of code line 60 should be coded as:

gsSQL = "Select ADS_CONTENT.ID as content_id, Topic_ID, ad_title, price, _
image_url, added_By, city, state, email, date_posted, "
gsSQL = gsSQL & "link, ADS_CATEGORY.ID, category_name, content FROM ADS_CONTENT _
inner join ADS_CATEGORY on ADS_CONTENT.topic_id = ADS_CATEGORY.ID _
WHERE ADS_CONTENT.ID = " & iadID

Somehow, there's some memory flow error when you used NTEXT fields in the middle of a sql field selection.

Cheers

Tiki

Edited by - Tiki on 15 May 2001 07:02:16
Go to Top of Page

ctsolutions

Germany
69 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2001 :  16:56:35  Show Profile  Visit ctsolutions's Homepage  Send ctsolutions an ICQ Message
@All with this problem !!!

================
Syntax error

/iisHelp/common/500-100.asp, line 122

on error go to 0
---------^
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers- Fehler '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '='.

=====================

There ist a Database Connection Sring problem.

When you use a DNS Connection like:
strConnString = "DSN=musicfox"

you have problem.

when you change the Connection of:

strConnString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=(Local);Initial Catalog=musicfox;User ID=sa;Password=a##m" '## MS SQL Server 2000

BINGO !!! Fine-Work

Regards,
ctsolutions

Edited by - ctsolutions on 15 May 2001 17:01:24
Go to Top of Page

Shep

74 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2001 :  13:53:12  Show Profile
I have installed - have deleted some categories, but cannot add any other categories. I go through the motions, but it doesn't write anything.

Thanks,
Shep

Go to Top of Page

Ribkick

USA
296 Posts

Posted - 02 June 2001 :  02:13:02  Show Profile
Alan:

Please don't give up on the fine Mod you created, many of us are using it and looking forward to future updates.

You, along with others here write the best, most complete mods out there....don't give up.

Go to Top of Page

Huntress

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 21 June 2001 :  07:21:21  Show Profile  Visit Huntress's Homepage
Doesn't look like this mod is being enhanced.

However I would like some help making a modification to this mod to solve a problem I'm having.... SPAM.

Problem:
Having users sign up only to put up ads for their products, without being a contributing member of the community. Defeats the purpose of paying for advertisement.

The Solution I'd like to put in place:
I'd like ads to only displace if the submitter has posted to our forum in the last week (or whatever) and that the content of that post is over a certain number of words (to avoid small meaningless posts to continue to spam).

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

bdinicola
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2001 :  13:38:34  Show Profile  Visit bdinicola's Homepage  Send bdinicola an AOL message  Send bdinicola an ICQ Message
quote:

Here's the link to where I did this so that you can see it:
http://www.sumovw.com/forum/classifieds_detail.asp

I went there and got several errors.

Go to Top of Page

bdinicola
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2001 :  09:37:27  Show Profile  Visit bdinicola's Homepage  Send bdinicola an AOL message  Send bdinicola an ICQ Message
quote:

when you change the Connection of:

strConnString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=(Local);Initial Catalog=musicfox;User ID=sa;Password=a##m" '## MS SQL Server 2000

I have the same error and this doesn not fix it.

Go to Top of Page

jonjonjonson
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2001 :  05:42:56  Show Profile
Hi All..

I'm hoping this isn't as far as this mod is going... this could be an awesome feature of many sites using Snitz.. providing its taken to the next level. (auto)Moderation, upload of images, unlimited categories, auctions??.. etc. I'd guess that a robust classifieds system could even become a more popular attraction than the forums.. in applicable web apps. I am anxious to see this mature..as I hope others are too.. My site (which i hope to show-off soon) will cater to small aircraft enthusiasts around the world.. I'm planning to feature a classifieds app that, could likely, be a primary destination for many.

Please, any takers??

BTW- Thanks to all of u snitzers, developers.. for the great work you do on such a "killer app"!!! I'm thrilled to feature Snitz on my site.. It was just what i was looking for!! (thats not a suck-up, either)

Good day!!

Go to Top of Page

santayana
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2001 :  13:22:30  Show Profile
Does this classified works for Snitz Forum V3.3?

Go to Top of Page

Oznob
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 27 August 2001 :  16:18:58  Show Profile
Any way to allow the ads to accept and display HTML tags to better format the ads ?

Thanks in advance

Go to Top of Page

jonjonjonson
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 31 August 2001 :  08:41:57  Show Profile
quote:

Hi All..

I'm hoping this isn't as far as this mod is going... this could be an awesome feature of many sites using Snitz.. providing its taken to the next level. (auto)Moderation, upload of images, unlimited categories, auctions??.. etc. I'd guess that a robust classifieds system could even become a more popular attraction than the forums.. in applicable web apps. I am anxious to see this mature..as I hope others are too.. My site (which i hope to show-off soon) will cater to small aircraft enthusiasts around the world.. I'm planning to feature a classifieds app that, could likely, be a primary destination for many.

Please, any takers??

Anyone??? I've seen many installs of the classifieds mod.. most all have few or no ads.. I can't be the only one who'd like to see this improved! I have looked for other ASP classified apps.. and they're weak or, not worth the cost. This mod is a sleeper with great potential! Hope someone is interested in doing a V2.

Thanks so much guys ..David

(i don't seem too anxious, do i?)

Go to Top of Page

BinaryBoy
Starting Member

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 01 September 2001 :  11:11:31  Show Profile  Visit BinaryBoy's Homepage  Send BinaryBoy an AOL message  Send BinaryBoy an ICQ Message
I am also extremely interested in seeing this mod go somewhere... I have a forum that would be a perfect place to implement it!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07