Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2001 :  02:21:38  Show Profile
Ok, I'm here. Sorry about that. I had computer problems for the past 2 weeks so I couldn't be here to help anyone. And I still can't help just yet as I need to re-install my html editor as my hardrive was formatted.

Dayve, if you still need help, post your question/problem in a new topic in the "Help: MOD Installation" forum and I'll help you there.

That goes for everyone else who had asked for help on this mod while I wasn't here. Post a new topic in the forum I said before, with your question/problems and I'll help you guys one on one. This topic is too crowded. Can't keep track of what's going on.

Go to Top of Page

M.U.L.E.
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2001 :  08:27:09  Show Profile
Dayve, how did you fix that editing problem?

Go to Top of Page

Lucky

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2001 :  11:06:47  Show Profile  Visit Lucky's Homepage  Send Lucky an AOL message
was anyone able to make the polls a "one vote per member"? We want non members not to be able to vote then only let each member have one vote.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2001 :  19:06:25  Show Profile
quote:

was anyone able to make the polls a "one vote per member"? We want non members not to be able to vote then only let each member have one vote.
The original idea for the polls was to let non-members be able to interact with the forum without having to register.

Go to Top of Page

Lucky

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2001 :  21:34:16  Show Profile  Visit Lucky's Homepage  Send Lucky an AOL message
davio, that's a great idea and would be useful in some ways, but it causes problems when more than one person use a computer, and keeping it one vote per member would keep the "spamming" of the votes down. Could we make this an option of the poll so people could do either?

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2001 :  18:21:00  Show Profile
quote:

davio, that's a great idea and would be useful in some ways, but it causes problems when more than one person use a computer, and keeping it one vote per member would keep the "spamming" of the votes down. Could we make this an option of the poll so people could do either?
Ok, you got a point there. The option you are talking about is the option to "allow users to post more than once" that can be toggled on/off?

If that's what you're talking about, I'll work on it. I'm currently fixing up the admin_poll file and putting all the configurations into one place, so people won't get confused. I can put that in there.

Go to Top of Page

Lucky

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2001 :  20:05:46  Show Profile  Visit Lucky's Homepage  Send Lucky an AOL message
it'd be ok if users voted more than once, that would solve the problem with multiple people on one machine.

what we'd like is to have the option of members only voting. this would be in order to get the official opinion of the memberbase and would be very difficult to stack the votes.

Go to Top of Page

doflynn
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2001 :  13:55:05  Show Profile
Davio, I modified the mod, where if you had already voted, it shows the results. I included all the default.asp mods into a incl_poll.asp, so all you have to do is include that wherever you want on the default.asp. It has the code that does the poll view or the result view. It's rather messy, and probably not the most efficient way to do it, but it is working well. Let me know if you want me to send it to you.

Email me at ofeefee@yahoo.com
Site: www.wediealot.com

Derek

Go to Top of Page

racerslounge
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2001 :  17:41:24  Show Profile  Visit racerslounge's Homepage
What in the world have I done wrong? Tried to install the poll mod. When updating the .dbs file this is what I got:

Slemmies Poll

Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN ANSWER1 text(100) NULL
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Field 'ANSWER1' already exists in table 'FORUM_TOPICS'.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN COUNT1 int NULL DEFAULT 0
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in ALTER TABLE statement.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN ANSWER2 text(100) NULL
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Field 'ANSWER2' already exists in table 'FORUM_TOPICS'.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN COUNT2 int NULL DEFAULT 0
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in ALTER TABLE statement.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN ANSWER3 text(100) NULL
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Field 'ANSWER3' already exists in table 'FORUM_TOPICS'.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN COUNT3 int NULL DEFAULT 0
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN ANSWER4 text(100) NULL
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Field 'ANSWER4' already exists in table 'FORUM_TOPICS'.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN COUNT4 int NULL DEFAULT 0
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN ANSWER5 text(100) NULL
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Field 'ANSWER5' already exists in table 'FORUM_TOPICS'.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN COUNT5 int NULL DEFAULT 0
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN ANSWER6 text(100) NULL
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Field 'ANSWER6' already exists in table 'FORUM_TOPICS'.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN COUNT6 int NULL DEFAULT 0
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN ANSWER7 text(100) NULL
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Field 'ANSWER7' already exists in table 'FORUM_TOPICS'.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN COUNT7 int NULL DEFAULT 0
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN ANSWER8 text(100) NULL
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Field 'ANSWER8' already exists in table 'FORUM_TOPICS'.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN COUNT8 int NULL DEFAULT 0
Table(s) updated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD COLUMN C_ADMINPOLLS int NULL DEFAULT 1
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD COLUMN C_USERPOLLS int NULL DEFAULT 1
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD COLUMN C_ACTIVEPOLL int NULL DEFAULT 0
Table(s) updated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There were errors please post a question in the MOD Implementation Forum at
Snitz Forums

There must be a simple explanation for this?

Sorry.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2001 :  17:54:06  Show Profile
Are you using the Access 97 connection string? Try using the Access 2000 one.
quote:
Davio, I modified the mod, where if you had already voted, it shows the results.
Derek, it already does that.

Go to Top of Page

racerslounge
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2001 :  14:22:13  Show Profile  Visit racerslounge's Homepage
Could my problem be with not having read,write,modify properties for my html folder? My database is installed in a read, write, modify folder. However, the instructions say to install the poll.dbs file and the modify.asp file in the html folder.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2001 :  14:42:50  Show Profile
No racerlounge. The poll files go into the same folder where your forum is. And I asked you, are you using the Access 97 connection string? Look at your config.asp file. If you are, use the Access 2000 connection string instead. There have been problems when using the Access 97 connection string.

Go to Top of Page

racerslounge
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2001 :  16:12:27  Show Profile  Visit racerslounge's Homepage
quote:

No racerlounge. The poll files go into the same folder where your forum is. And I asked you, are you using the Access 97 connection string? Look at your config.asp file. If you are, use the Access 2000 connection string instead. There have been problems when using the Access 97 connection string.

Tried changing from 97 to 2000. This is what I got when trying to run mod_dbsetup.asp from my html/forum folder:

Slemmies Poll

Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN ANSWER1 text(100) NULL
Column added successfully
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN COUNT1 int NULL DEFAULT 0
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN ANSWER2 text(100) NULL
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN COUNT2 int NULL DEFAULT 0
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN ANSWER3 text(100) NULL
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN COUNT3 int NULL DEFAULT 0
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN ANSWER4 text(100) NULL
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN COUNT4 int NULL DEFAULT 0
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN ANSWER5 text(100) NULL
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN COUNT5 int NULL DEFAULT 0
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN ANSWER6 text(100) NULL
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN COUNT6 int NULL DEFAULT 0
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN ANSWER7 text(100) NULL
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN COUNT7 int NULL DEFAULT 0
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN ANSWER8 text(100) NULL
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN COUNT8 int NULL DEFAULT 0
Table(s) updated

Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD COLUMN C_ADMINPOLLS int NULL DEFAULT 1
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD COLUMN C_USERPOLLS int NULL DEFAULT 1
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD COLUMN C_ACTIVEPOLL int NULL DEFAULT 0
Table(s) updated

There were errors please post a question in the MOD Implementation Forum at

Someone please help me decipher this.

Thanks.

http://www.racerslounge.com
Go to Top of Page

racerslounge
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2001 :  18:13:54  Show Profile  Visit racerslounge's Homepage
Could someone please help me figure out why this is causing so much trouble?

http://www.racerslounge.com
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2001 :  23:44:04  Show Profile
I'm not sure what to tell you. Here's a couple things to check.

Make sure you are using the mod_dbsetup.asp file from out of the zip file.
What database are you using? Access?
Do you have other mods installed?

When looking at the first errors you got, it said some of the database fields existed already. "Field 'ANSWER1' already exists in table 'FORUM_TOPICS'". Are you trying to install the poll mod again?

Also, post your strConnString code from your config.asp file, let me see if it's ok.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07