Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2001 :  00:16:16  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
If you turn the Feature Forum Off then click submit then return and turn the Feature Forum ON and click submit, it takes care of the problem, weird bug but I think it is because the table needs to be populated by force.

Dayve

Edited by - dayve on 04 May 2001 01:30:22
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2001 :  00:33:53  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
how do you delete polls?

Dayve
Go to Top of Page

Shep

74 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2001 :  18:25:04  Show Profile
HELP! I have seen the same problem listed her 2 times - but no amnswers.

Install seemed to go well - I checked my default.asp with each change to each page.

Here is the error I get when I run admin_poll.asp:

Error Type:
Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E07)
Data type mismatch in criteria expression.
/CGI-BIN/snitz/admin_poll.asp, line 24

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0b; Windows 98; Win 9x 4.90)

Page:
POST 21 bytes to /CGI-BIN/snitz/admin_poll.asp

POST Data:
B1=Set+active+poll%21

I am using the database that came with the program with these setting in my config.asp:

'strDBType = "sqlserver"
strDBType = "access"
'strDBType = "mysql"

'## Make sure to uncomment one of the strConnString lines!
'strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=c:\inetpub\dbroot\snitz_forums_2000.mdb" '## MS Access 97
'strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/fpdb/snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 2000 using virtual path
strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\snitzdbf\snitz_forums_2000.mdb;" '## MS Access 2000
'strConnString = "driver={SQL Server};server=SERVER_NAME;uid=SQL_USER;pwd=PASSWORD;database=DATABASE_NAME" '## MS SQL Server 7
'strConnString = "driver=MySQL;server=SERVER_NAME;uid=MYSQL_USER;pwd=PARRWORD;database=DATABASE_NAME" '## MySQL

And here is my line 24 of the admin_polls:

strSql = "UPDATE " & strTablePrefix & "CONFIG "
strSql = strSql & " SET C_ACTIVEPOLL = '" & Request.Form("ACTIVE") & "'"

Response.Write strSql

set rs3 = my_Conn.Execute(strsql)#### THIS IS THE ONE #######
%>

Thanks for your help,
Shep

Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2001 :  19:24:51  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
****, I thought all was good with this mod but now when I try to edit a topic I get this error:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e10'

No value given for one or more required parameters.

/patriotforum/post.asp, line 326

I am not editing a poll or anything, just the topic, pleeeeeeeeeeeez help, I've commited my changes and cannot really go back..

Dayve
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2001 :  19:57:06  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
forget it, I just redid the post.asp page and the problem went away...

Dayve
Go to Top of Page

Shep

74 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2001 :  16:58:21  Show Profile
This program either needs better documentation or I have done something wrong - which is highly possible. Perhaps I just don't completely understand what is being done here.

1. Am I correct in assuming that the only and preferred way to create the poll in the first place is from admin_poll.asp?

2. I do not see any place to access admin_poll.asp from any of the pages - so am I correct in assuming that it should be accessed by URL?

3. Also I do not have any place with admin "feature configuration" to access the "set active poll" as per this post:
First create a poll, second go into your Admin Options. In the "Feature Configuration" set the "Featured Poll" option to "On". third, still in your admin options, click on the "Set Active Poll" link. It will show the polls that have been active in the past 30 days. Select one and submit it. You should see it on your front page.

I have created a poll but had to do most of it "manually" by running the corresponding ASP from a URL

Thanks for your help (I hope)
Shep

Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2001 :  18:25:14  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
How can you create a link to view all polls active in past 30 days for Members, something like the Admins have but without the controlling features?

Edited by - dayve on 07 May 2001 14:26:16
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2001 :  14:27:46  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
OK, I think I asked it correctly this time, so can someone help with the above request? My members are complaining that they cannot easily monitor all the polls going on and they are interested in the results...

I would like something like the above but with the admin fetures stripped so members can view all active polls. Thanks.

Dayve

Edited by - dayve on 08 May 2001 00:41:59
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2001 :  22:05:30  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
while I am waiting for my answer I thought I'd share a graphic that someone else did for the polls to give them an animated appearance. I redid the gif because this other persons image had white space in it but he led on to a good idea.

so here is the image

and an example of the animation can be found here:

http://www.burningsouls.com/forum

I may tweak the frame rate to get optimum "fluid" motion.

So, can anyone answer my question in the previous two topics?

Dayve
Go to Top of Page

aspmaster
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2001 :  14:45:40  Show Profile  Visit aspmaster's Homepage
Has anyone here successfully implemented the polls when they had other mods installed. I have serveral other mods installed (events, links, and classifieds) and want to implement the polls. If anyone has done this and can offer some instruction it would be much appreciated.

Chris
AKA: ASP Master
http://www.techgrowth.com
http://www.cshellvb.com
Go to Top of Page

speedway

88 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2001 :  16:31:57  Show Profile
When I try and edit a Reply I dont get the text from the orginal message.
Has anyone got the smae problem and has it been fixed?

Snitz V3_1_SR4
SQL Server 7
IIS4
Go to Top of Page

Ribkick

USA
296 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2001 :  17:59:19  Show Profile
wrong thread

Edited by - ribkick on 09 May 2001 18:00:21
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2001 :  20:05:27  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
quote:
Has anyone here successfully implemented the polls when they had other mods installed. I have serveral other mods installed (events, links, and classifieds) and want to implement the polls. If anyone has done this and can offer some instruction it would be much appreciated.

I am the mod monster and did this one recently. I accidentally just replaced the files which wiped out my entire forum.

This line-for-line change is difficult to do but can be done. You should definately use something other than a notepad to edit. I use Allaire Homesite which has a great search feature and line numbering. The search feature will give links at the bottom of the page for every instance of the word Poll Mod, making your code replacement and addition easier.

I agree that this mod is a pain but as he stated earlier he ranks this a 4 out of 10, 1 being the most difficult, so you can see the difficulty rating is up there.

I can say it does work quite nicely though once installed, I just wish I could easily show all forums to my members as asked above, but this subject doesn't get questions answered promptly, bummer huh...

Dayve
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2001 :  20:07:14  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
Shep, what version of the forum are you running? The admin_poll.asp link needs to be added to your admin_home.asp. Answer the version question and then maybe I can continue helping you...

Dayve
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2001 :  11:31:28  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
ok, very little support on this great mod, please someone, anyone with good asp knowledge, I would love to have the requested feature for members to view all polls as asked in my previous requests. I will love you forever if you do !!

Dayve
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07