New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

MisterVB

274 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2001 :  07:18:58  Show Profile  Visit MisterVB's Homepage
heres the gif i use for mine in case anyone wants to use this.. Kinda goes witht he poll voting a tad more.

Go to Top of Page

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2001 :  18:46:22  Show Profile
quote:

As for the apostrphe thing, the only difference I see between the two is, SQLString does an HTMLEncode on the string before returning it, while the title just replaces the single apostrophe with 2 of them.
Does that just relate to SQL users? Since I only can test it on access I don't have a problem with it. But if it gives an error using SQL I can change it. Don't think I have had a ny SQL users test this yet. *shrugs*

Okay...let me explain.
You are right. By using title, in the current production version it will take care of the apostrophe.

However...
Well, I had modified the ChkString function in my inc_functions.asp file to make it similiar to a alpha release I downloaded. (I'm doing this where/when I can because I've already accepted that I've tweaked so much that I can't just apply the new version directly.) Anyways...in the recent Alpha, here's the code for title within the ChkString function:

Starting at Line 385:

if fField_Type = "title" then
if strAllowHTML <> "1" then
fString = HTMLEncode(fString)
end if
chkBadWords(fString)
chkString = fString
exit function
end if

The function will be exited before Line 519, where the apostrophe would have been taken care of:

fString = Replace(fString, "'", "''")

So....I don't know if you see it, but people who update/insert records and rely on apostrophe's to be taken care of with the "title" function will be in for a big surprise.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  12:41:35  Show Profile
Ok, I see your point. Then for version 3.1 SR4, using the "title" is ok. Because the apostrophe is taken care of. But in the next release, use "SQLString", since the "title" doesn't take care of the apostrophe in the next release. Right?

Well, I'll take note of that when I release this mod for the next release.
Thanks work_mule.

Go to Top of Page

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  19:03:08  Show Profile
Yes you have it correct.

That'll be interesting when you release the new version. You'll probably see a few "problems" come up related to the change to the ChkString function.

I recently posted about having problems with apostrophes in the Links Mod. Knowing what I posted here, it was only me having the problem because they were okay with the current version. Doh!

Go to Top of Page

Bassman

Netherlands
256 Posts

Posted - 08 April 2001 :  12:28:50  Show Profile  Visit Bassman's Homepage
HI Davio,

Nice mod works great.

But one your site the poll is in top of the start page, and a got no idea how to do this.
Can you give me the code to include in topic.asp please.

Thanks.

Edited by - bassman on 08 April 2001 12:29:11
Go to Top of Page

vpekulas
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 08 April 2001 :  12:58:48  Show Profile
Excellent Mode !!! I love it.
Is it possible to allow only moderators/administrator to post new poll ?
As of now every registred user can do that.

Could you by any chance tell me what fields are being added and their default values ?

Edited by - vpekulas on 08 April 2001 16:47:18
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 08 April 2001 :  18:31:20  Show Profile
quote:
But one your site the poll is in top of the start page, and a got no idea how to do this.
Can you give me the code to include in topic.asp please.
First create a poll, second go into your Admin Options. In the "Feature Configuration" set the "Featured Poll" option to "On". third, still in your admin options, click on the "Set Active Poll" link. It will show the polls that have been active in the past 30 days. Select one and submit it. You should see it on your front page.

I don't know what code you are reffering to for your topic.asp file.
quote:

Well, you could place a check around the poll link. If the mLev = 3 or mLev = 4 then show the poll link, else show nothing. You would need to do it for both the forum.asp and topic.asp pages.
quote:
Could you by any chance tell me what fields are being added and their default values ?
If you look at the poll_dbsetup.dbs file, you will see what fields are created and thier default values.

Go to Top of Page

Bassman

Netherlands
256 Posts

Posted - 09 April 2001 :  07:41:53  Show Profile  Visit Bassman's Homepage
[quote]
In the "Feature Configuration" set the "Featured Poll" option to "On".
[quote]

aaahhhh...verry funny, i over look this option

Thanks Davio

Go to Top of Page

SaNaNe
Starting Member

Cyprus
8 Posts

Posted - 10 April 2001 :  03:10:42  Show Profile  Visit SaNaNe's Homepage  Send SaNaNe an ICQ Message
i want to implement poll mod on my forum but i tarnslete my forum copy to turkish . when i iplement my copy i should chance six file its hard to me

if possible i want to one copy which only have poll main file and readme.txt. readme file is contain where can i put code

thanks for help

Ne Mutlu Türküm Diyene
M. Kemal Atatürk
Go to Top of Page

Rmagddon
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 10 April 2001 :  16:44:45  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

Well, you could place a check around the poll link. If the mLev = 3 or mLev = 4 then show the poll link, else show nothing. You would need to do it for both the forum.asp and topic.asp pages.

I have no idea how to do this, would it be possible for me to email you the files that need to be changed?
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 10 April 2001 :  17:12:59  Show Profile
Send me your topic.asp and forum.asp files.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 11 April 2001 :  10:16:52  Show Profile
This is what I posted in a previous post:
quote:
First create a poll, second go into your Admin Options. In the "Feature Configuration" set the "Featured Poll" option to "On". third, still in your admin options, click on the "Set Active Poll" link. It will show the polls that have been active in the past 30 days. Select one and submit it. You should see it on your front page.
Did you do all that?

Go to Top of Page

wedont

Canada
344 Posts

Posted - 11 April 2001 :  20:21:39  Show Profile
Question:

If the poll was to show up in a pop-up window when a visitor leaves the site and on closing the window, he would be redirected to the whatever destination'url he was leaving to... (whitout further input from his part), would that be annoying to most?

I just thought that most would be compeled to vote (and register the destination url may be?)

Just a thought,

Wedont
snitz ver3.1 sr2
access 2k.
Go to Top of Page

dbaguy
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 12 April 2001 :  10:48:00  Show Profile
I love the mod but have some difficulty installing. As soon as I installed the mod, I wasn't able to see any topics. I could see replies. I restored my backup of my topic.asp and I'm fine again. Any ideas? Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Lucky

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 12 April 2001 :  15:40:14  Show Profile  Visit Lucky's Homepage  Send Lucky an AOL message
saw a post earlier about having members only be able to post, and only once each. has anyone started this, finished this on this or other mod?
We want to let our members "vote" on things and everyone have 1 vote and non-members aren't able to vote. Suggestions? Point us in the right direction?

AmericanIron.net/Forums

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07