Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Twiztid
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2001 :  11:06:10  Show Profile  Visit Twiztid's Homepage  Send Twiztid an AOL message  Send Twiztid a Yahoo! Message
Sorry if someone posted this allready but i get these errors:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_AVATAR( A_ID INT (11) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment , A_URL varchar (255) NULL , A_NAME varchar (50) NULL , A_MEMBER_ID int NULL DEFAULT 0,KEY FORUM_AVATAR_A_ID(A_ID))
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in CREATE TABLE statement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_AVATAR2( A_HSIZE int NULL , A_WSIZE int NULL , A_BORDER int NULL ,KEY FORUM_AVATAR2_())
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in field definition.

Adding new records..
INSERT INTO FORUM_AVATAR2 (A_HSIZE, A_WSIZE, A_BORDER) VALUES (64, 64, 0)
-2147217865 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not find output table 'FORUM_AVATAR2'.

Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_MEMBERS ADD M_AVATAR_URL varchar (255) NULL
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Field 'M_AVATAR_URL' already exists in table 'FORUM_MEMBERS'.
Table(s) updated

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2001 :  15:09:05  Show Profile
Twiztid,

try changing the strConnString that you are using in config.asp to one of the ones that is labeled for use with Access 2000. They use MS JET Drivers instead of the Microsoft ODBC Microsoft Access Driver. The Microsoft ODBC Microsoft Access Driver doesn't seem to support specifying a DEFAULT value in the T-SQL script.
Go to Top of Page

Twiztid
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2001 :  15:56:03  Show Profile  Visit Twiztid's Homepage  Send Twiztid an AOL message  Send Twiztid a Yahoo! Message
I did and it still doesnt work!

Go to Top of Page

Twiztid
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2001 :  16:41:09  Show Profile  Visit Twiztid's Homepage  Send Twiztid an AOL message  Send Twiztid a Yahoo! Message
I just tried to see if i could add avatars for the heck of it and i get this error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e37'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'FORUM_AVATAR2'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

/forum/admin_avatar_settings.asp, line 100
--------------------------------
But im sure if i get it to work it would go away

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2001 :  17:34:42  Show Profile
Which database type do you have uncommented in your config.asp file?

The KEY statement that shows above should only get used if you have MySQL chosen in your config.asp file.
Go to Top of Page

Twiztid
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2001 :  18:07:13  Show Profile  Visit Twiztid's Homepage  Send Twiztid an AOL message  Send Twiztid a Yahoo! Message
I have the Mysql one

Edited by - twiztid on 12 July 2001 18:08:10
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2001 :  18:38:58  Show Profile
change it to "Access"
Go to Top of Page

Twiztid
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2001 :  18:39:14  Show Profile  Visit Twiztid's Homepage  Send Twiztid an AOL message  Send Twiztid a Yahoo! Message
Ok i redid it for the 6th time and now i get these errors:

Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_AVATAR( A_ID int COUNTER NOT NULL , A_URL text (255) NULL , A_NAME text (50) NULL , A_MEMBER_ID int NULL DEFAULT 0)
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in CREATE TABLE statement.

Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_AVATAR2( A_HSIZE int NULL , A_WSIZE int NULL , A_BORDER int NULL )
Table created succesfully

Adding new records..
INSERT INTO FORUM_AVATAR2 (A_HSIZE, A_WSIZE, A_BORDER) VALUES (64, 64, 0)

Value(s) updated succesfully

Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_MEMBERS ADD COLUMN M_AVATAR_URL text (255) NULL
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Field 'M_AVATAR_URL' already exists in table 'FORUM_MEMBERS'.
Table(s) updated

NOTE: If you are online right now Please Contact Me Through YAHOO or AOL thanks

Edited by - twiztid on 12 July 2001 18:41:04

Edited by - twiztid on 12 July 2001 18:42:15
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2001 :  18:52:46  Show Profile
you are still using the strConnString that is labeled for use with Access97. Change to one that is labeled for use with Access2000 and you should not get anymore errors. (the strConnString line that is labeled for use with Access2000 are MS JET Drivers)
Go to Top of Page

Twiztid
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2001 :  22:08:09  Show Profile  Visit Twiztid's Homepage  Send Twiztid an AOL message  Send Twiztid a Yahoo! Message
quote:

you are still using the strConnString that is labeled for use with Access97. Change to one that is labeled for use with Access2000 and you should not get anymore errors. (the strConnString line that is labeled for use with Access2000 are MS JET Drivers)

Ummm, No im not i changed it to access 2000. I still get the errors. Anyways I just going to leave the board plain right now since i am having problems with my web host.

Go to Top of Page

Therion93

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 02 August 2001 :  12:22:55  Show Profile  Send Therion93 an ICQ Message
Is this MOD 3.3xx Friendly?

Therion93
News Ways, New Ways.....
Well I Dream Of Wires..
(Coming Soon)
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 02 August 2001 :  14:19:44  Show Profile
Therion93,

see here: http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14184
Go to Top of Page

acidbuk
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 02 August 2001 :  18:34:05  Show Profile  Send acidbuk an AOL message  Send acidbuk an ICQ Message
I installed the mod without an error but
when I go to my profile or registration no
Avatar Section shows I folowed all the instructions carefully but can someone help me please

AcidbUK

Go to Top of Page

Pumaman
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2001 :  16:52:44  Show Profile  Visit Pumaman's Homepage
Hey, I think I messed something pretty important up in topic.asp. None of the replies are showing up on the board, the avatar doesn't show, and the original message is black. The error message says:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'rs'

/plaidcarrots/topic.asp, line 539

If you need to look at the forum itself, here's the link: http://www24.brinkster.com/plaidcarrots/default.asp

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2001 :  17:21:59  Show Profile
see here: http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14184
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07