Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2010 :  21:56:04  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
I would guess the [file] thing is now caused by the upgrade. The forum code does not interpret that file tag, so it must be a mod that added it, and you will have to install the mod again.

As I said, upgrading doesn't seem like a good decision at all. Can you get back to the older version? Or can you add mods (and that means changing forum code, per mods instructions, too).

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2010 :  01:48:56  Show Profile
I know what he is referring to rui. In the forum posts, where the link to the attached file should show up, there is the text "File Not Found: example.txt". And the tag that creates them is what he is posting.

My suspicion comes down to 2 things: the FSO object is not supported on the server or the path to the folder to hold the files is incorrect.

Compose, lets check if the FSO object is supported. Create a text file with the following code and save it as test_fso.asp. Upload it to your website and let me know the outcome. Can post a link to it too.
<%
Set fs=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

If fs.FolderExists("d:\Hosting\6121977\html\forum") = true Then
      Response.Write("Folder d:\Hosting\6121977\html\forum exists.")
Else
      Response.Write("Folder d:\Hosting\6121977\html\forum does not exist.")
End If

set fs=nothing
%>

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2010 :  06:47:01  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
I had to go to the forum, David, trying to find posts with the tags. I found one and the tags were not being parsed, which I presume is due to the upgrade, as the mod's code changes surely are not present now.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

compose
Starting Member

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2010 :  11:54:37  Show Profile  Visit compose's Homepage
Here is the answer I got from test_fso.asp:

Folder d:\Hosting\6121977\html\forum exists.
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2010 :  12:25:20  Show Profile
oh great. So the FSO works.

So all your uploaded files are in the following folder correct?
http://www.composeforums.com/forum/sharedfiles/

In one of your members posts, I see the file Orch_Exercise.pdf is missing. So it should be in http://www.composeforums.com/forum/sharedfiles/Orch_Exercise.pdf yeah?

Could you also re-upload the inc_UploadConfig.txt file with the changes you made?

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

compose
Starting Member

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2010 :  13:16:39  Show Profile  Visit compose's Homepage
The user files are in subfolders under http://www.composeforums.com/forum/sharedfiles/ these folders are numbers: 1 through 1479.

I cannot locate the file orch_exercise.pdf, but if it is a very old file, then it probably was deleted during one of the previous admins' cleanup...or the user himself deleted (they do that sometimes).

inc_uploadconfig.asp has the changes you asked for.
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2010 :  14:11:37  Show Profile
I meant to refresh the inc_UploadConfig.txt file so i could see the changes you added.

The problem now is to figure out what is causing the 500 internal error.
You might want to send a support email to your host about it and see what they can tell you about the error.

The filelibrary.asp file was coming up fine until I got you to change the folder names. Now it has the 500 internal error as well. Hmmm.

And let me take a look at inc_UploadFunc.asp as well. Meaning post a link to a txt version of it.

Support Snitz Forums

Edited by - Davio on 12 May 2010 14:20:09
Go to Top of Page

compose
Starting Member

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2010 :  16:45:46  Show Profile  Visit compose's Homepage
Here's the inc_uploadfunc.asp text file: http://www.composeforums.com/forum/inc_uploadfunc.txt

Edited by - compose on 12 May 2010 22:59:28
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2010 :  17:36:44  Show Profile
Thanks.

Did you contact your webhost support about the 500 internal error?
Did you update the inc_UploadConfig.txt with the changes you made, so I can see you made the correct changes?

I could go on and on, on trying to figure out what is causing the 500 internal error, but it's like shooting in the dark.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

compose
Starting Member

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2010 :  23:02:58  Show Profile  Visit compose's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Davio

Thanks.

Did you contact your webhost support about the 500 internal error?
Did you update the inc_UploadConfig.txt with the changes you made, so I can see you made the correct changes?

I could go on and on, on trying to figure out what is causing the 500 internal error, but it's like shooting in the dark.

I am waiting for an answer to the 500 error. I corrected the link to inc_upload_config.txt in my last post.
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2010 :  23:44:28  Show Profile
I want to see the contents of inc_uploadconfig.asp again. Not inc_uploadfunc.asp.

Your last post was for inc_uploadfunc.asp.
I just want to make sure you made the correct changes.
So update this file: http://www.composeforums.com/forum/inc_UploadConfig.txt

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

compose
Starting Member

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2010 :  13:14:19  Show Profile  Visit compose's Homepage
Sorry. The file has been updated: http://www.composeforums.com/forum/inc_UploadConfig.txt

Thanks
Ron
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2010 :  13:41:36  Show Profile
Alright. Let me know when you hear back from your host. In the mean time, you will have to do without the mod.

You know, if you are planning to upgrade the forum in the near future, might want to look at a more updated file upload mod. I know there is a few floating around in the Mods forum.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

compose
Starting Member

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2010 :  16:50:41  Show Profile  Visit compose's Homepage
Here's what GoDaddy support said:

"Thank you for contacting Online Support. Unfortunately I am unable to provide scripting support, however, typically these issues are experienced when attempting to use the ASPUpload function. You will need to use the command savevirtual instead of just save."

Now what?

Edited by - compose on 13 May 2010 16:55:03
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2010 :  19:19:38  Show Profile
That is disappointing. They have set custom errors on their server and no clue on what causing it?

Here are your options:
1. We can continue to try and debug this to find out what piece of code is causing the server to error out. This will take some time and I will need ftp access to your forum folder so as to speed this up. Otherwise, it would take even longer.

2. You can look for another file upload mod in the mod forum to replace this one you are using and at the same time upgrade the forum.

3. You can find another host.

My suggestion would be to find another host, because you might run into more problems and get this unhelpful error and support not able to assist.
But if you want to stick with them, can work on finding the problem code, just gonna take some time.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07