Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

svx
Starting Member

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2010 :  23:04:19  Show Profile  Visit svx's Homepage  Send svx an AOL message  Send svx an ICQ Message
After a user logs in to my website (www.isv-knights.org), they get the following error:

quote:
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

Record is deleted.

/inc_footer.asp, line 102

IUSR_Machine has read and write access to both the directory and db file. This is a Windows 2K3 R2 server running latest patches and SP levels. The error is not a show stopper as it only briefly flashes after someone logs in. It also pops up sometimes at the bottom of a forum post just after you log in. Does anyone have any incite in to what may be causing the error? I looked in to inc_footer.asp and did not see anything that stood out. Best I can tell is that this is an access issue to the dB.

Please post or email me if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

{ISV-K}SVX
"I'm on Fire!"
www.isv-knights.org

Edited by - svx on 13 April 2010 23:09:15

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 14 April 2010 :  04:09:37  Show Profile
Post a link to a txt version of your inc_footer file (or post what is on line 102 and 10 lines before it).

What version of the snitz forums are you running?

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

svx
Starting Member

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 14 April 2010 :  22:38:06  Show Profile  Visit svx's Homepage  Send svx an AOL message  Send svx an ICQ Message
Lines 92-102:

strOnlineLocation = "Hidden page"
end if
end if

strOnlineUser = OnlineSQLencode(strOnlineUser)
strOnlineLocation = OnlineSQLencode(strOnlineLocation)
strOnlineTimedOut = strOnlineCheckInTime - 1500 'time out the user after 25 minutes
strSql = "SELECT " & strTablePrefix & "ONLINE.UserID, " & strTablePrefix & "ONLINE.UserIP, " & strTablePrefix & "ONLINE.LastChecked"
strSql = strSql & " FROM " & strTablePrefix & "ONLINE "
strSql = strSql & " WHERE " & strTablePrefix & "ONLINE.UserIP='" & strOnlineUserIP & "' AND " & strTablePrefix & "ONLINE.UserID='" & strOnlineUser & "'"
set rsWho = my_Conn.Execute (strSql)

Not sure of the version as I am using a MaxWebPortal custom. Where can I get the version info? Thanks!

{ISV-K}SVX
"I'm on Fire!"
www.isv-knights.org
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 15 April 2010 :  04:45:15  Show Profile
That looks like custom code that has been added to MaxWebPortal - it's not a section of code I ever remember seeing before - so you should see if you can get a solution through their support forums.

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”
Go to Top of Page

MaD2ko0l

United Kingdom
1053 Posts

Posted - 16 April 2010 :  13:37:35  Show Profile  Visit MaD2ko0l's Homepage
looks like code form the old active users mod as in the version for snitz 3.3+

also, the maxwebportal is based on the old snitz 3.3+ code so chances are there are alot of bugs and exloits waiting to happen on there.

© 1999-2010 MaD2ko0l
Go to Top of Page

svx
Starting Member

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 19 April 2010 :  21:29:38  Show Profile  Visit svx's Homepage  Send svx an AOL message  Send svx an ICQ Message
Thanks for the responses guys. Too bad Max is now defunct otherwise I would post there. It took me the better part if 8mo+ to add custom code, etc to it to make it look and flow to my liking. Looks like I will be searching for alternatives (especially given the security holes as noted by MaD2ko0l). Any recommendations on conversations from say Max back to Snitz with Access or to PHP (bb or NUKE) with mySQL? My biggest concern is dB preservation and migration. The coding part I will work out using a test/dev site before going live.

{ISV-K}SVX
"I'm on Fire!"
www.isv-knights.org
Go to Top of Page

MaD2ko0l

United Kingdom
1053 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2010 :  11:36:42  Show Profile  Visit MaD2ko0l's Homepage
you could try link removed- We will not advertise the site of a copyright thief on this site

its based off of snitz and is similar to what you have already.

as for database migration you woudl need to ask on images forums about that, if i remember correctly, there used to be a mod to copy over the data

© 1999-2010 MaD2ko0l

Edited by - MaD2ko0l on 20 April 2010 11:37:10
Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2010 :  11:47:13  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage
I hate to beat a dead horse to death, but I feel it should be mentioned that while there's nothing wrong with Image's software, we have had some problems with Image himself in the past.
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2010 :  13:06:32  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:
there's nothing wrong with Image's software
other than the fact that despite several requests to him and his webhosts he still does not respect any of the Snitz copyrights, that is theft plain and simple, I have also reported his web hosts who just refuse to even correspond on the matter

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2010 :  17:36:41  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage
I was talking more from a technological perspective, and trying not to get too far into the issues with Image himself. =/
Go to Top of Page

svx
Starting Member

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 21 April 2010 :  20:22:38  Show Profile  Visit svx's Homepage  Send svx an AOL message  Send svx an ICQ Message
Ok, you guys are going OT IMO. I was just looking for a solution to my delima - got to get off this time bomb. I had never heard of Image's forums until these few posts of controversy. As a result I Google'd it and found the forum. By the looks of it, his site is clearly Snitz based, but no cc reference back as far as I can see. If I were to use a variant of his portal (by variant meaning I change the code); but then credit it back to Snitz (where it clearly appears to belong as I do with my current site); would that be acceptable use?

{ISV-K}SVX
"I'm on Fire!"
www.isv-knights.org
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 21 April 2010 :  20:36:47  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
You should be aware that if you register at his forums, your username and password can be stolen and used here, if they are similar, so have that in mind if you do register. It has happened with many users...

We don't really have a problem with the code, other than the copyright violation, but we also do not support it. If you use it and decide to restore the copyright info, you won't be in violation of the copyright, but we still won't be able to help you, as his code is quite different from a base snitz version.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

svx
Starting Member

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 21 April 2010 :  21:03:08  Show Profile  Visit svx's Homepage  Send svx an AOL message  Send svx an ICQ Message
I am only looking for way to mitigate the amount of recoding I need to do and his scheme seems to match Max closer than any other portal I have seen yet (though I must dig further in to it). I would absolutely give copyright credit back to Snitz where it belongs. Clearly my site is Max modded and Snitz based, and both are credited accordingly. I won't be making any big changes soon to the code as this venture is going to be pretty extensive and time consuming. I am willing to fall back to Snitz base if someone can help/recommend the best method to migrate the dB. I simply need to maintain user accounts, thread/post counts, and post contents. I am willing to go to SQL 2005/2008 or mySQL if that is easier.

{ISV-K}SVX
"I'm on Fire!"
www.isv-knights.org
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 22 April 2010 :  09:50:51  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
migrating to a defacto Snitz should not be that difficult, you could then reinstall the mods that you need one at a time, I don't think Max's protal added that many MOD's to the base forum. Obviously before you try anything, take a copy of all your forum files and the database so incase of disatster you can get it up and running quickly.

To migrate to the latest Snitz version you should just be able to upload the current files, open setup.asp to perform the database upgrade and then just load the forum, anything extra you have should not affect the running of a base Snitz forum. Once you have that done and tweeked the settings to your liking you can then find out what bits you are missing and statrt adding those mods

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

modifichicci
Average Member

Italy
787 Posts

Posted - 22 April 2010 :  11:47:40  Show Profile  Visit modifichicci's Homepage
Max portal has many mods, and tables have the prefix PORTAL instead of FORUM, it is not so easy the migration...

Ernia e Laparocele
Forum di Ernia e Laparocele
Acces - MySql Migration Tutorial
Adamantine forum
Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 22 April 2010 :  12:22:44  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by HuwR

migrating to a defacto Snitz should not be that difficult, you could then reinstall the mods that you need one at a time, I don't think Max's protal added that many MOD's to the base forum. Obviously before you try anything, take a copy of all your forum files and the database so incase of disatster you can get it up and running quickly.

To migrate to the latest Snitz version you should just be able to upload the current files, open setup.asp to perform the database upgrade and then just load the forum, anything extra you have should not affect the running of a base Snitz forum. Once you have that done and tweeked the settings to your liking you can then find out what bits you are missing and statrt adding those mods

And it doesn't hurt to repeat: Have a backup of the database and files just in case.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07