HTTP Post
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kolucoms6
Average Member

845 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2008 :  14:28:44  Show Profile
I have a form and once of my client wants to POST the data in some specific format.

Let me give you the brief what I recvd from them :

---------------------

Introduction
The purpose of this document is to provide detailed instructions on how to use the ABC Marketing (“ABC”) web service to upload real time leads into the ACB lead management system. In order to use this document you should have some experience or knowledge of web services, XML, HTTP Post, HTTP Get, and the ability to implement each of these within your respective lead generation systems

URL for HTTP Get and HTTP Post

http://apps.abc.com/Suppliers/WebServices/InsertLeads.asmx/InsertLead

URL for SOAP 1.1 and 1.2

http://apps.abc.com/Suppliers/WebServices/InsertLeads.asmx

* While HTTP Get is supported, its usage severely limits the functionality of the web service and should only be used as a last resort.

Field Listing
The following table lists all of the fields used in the web service, a brief description, whether or not the field is required, and the accepted data type.

DATA FIELD AND FORMAT
DATA FIELD AND FORMAT
DATA FIELD AND FORMAT

-------------------------------

Supported Protocols

SOAP 1.1;
SOAP 1.2;
HTTP Post, and
HTTP Get*.

I want to use HTTP Post method.

quote:

Using HTTP (Post and Get)

Sample HTTP Post Call

POST /Apps/Suppliers/WebServices/InsertLeads.asmx/InsertLead HTTP/1.1

Host: apps.abc.com

Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Content-Length: length

SupplierID=string&SupplierPassword=string&FirstName=string&LastName=string&EmailAddress=string&CoAppFirstName=string&CoAppLastName=string&Address=string&City=string&State=string&PostalCode=string&HomePhone=string&WorkPhone=string&WorkPhoneExt=string&CurrentEmployer=string&YearsThere=string&Income=string&BestCallTime=string&OriginalLeadDate=string&ExternalLeadID=string&IPAddress=string&ExtraFields=string

Sample HTTP Get Call

GET /Apps/Suppliers/WebServices/InsertLeads.asmx/InsertLead?SupplierID=string&SupplierPassword=string&FirstName=string&LastName=string&EmailAddress=string&CoAppFirstName=string&CoAppLastName=string&Address=string&City=string&State=string&PostalCode=string&HomePhone=string&WorkPhone=string&WorkPhoneExt=string&CurrentEmployer=string&YearsThere=string&Income=string&BestCallTime=string&OriginalLeadDate=string&ExternalLeadID=string&IPAddress=string&ExtraFields=string HTTP/1.1

Host: apps.abc.com

Sample HTTP Post and Get Response

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<returnMessage xmlns="http://www.abc.com/">

<ErrorName>Success</ErrorName>

<ErrorDescription>Your Lead Has Been Accepted</ErrorDescription>

<LeadID>0</LeadID>

<ClientAvailable>1</ClientAvailable>

</returnMessage>

Cant make out how to work around ?

Any help wil be highly appreciated !

Edited by - kolucoms6 on 14 March 2008 14:29:18

balexandre

Denmark
418 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2008 :  16:30:42  Show Profile  Visit balexandre's Homepage  Send balexandre an ICQ Message
can you put the asmx file online so we can test it? in the code-behind just comment everything so it will do no harm.

from your specs, that should work... but, let me test it 1st

Bruno Alexandre
(Strøby, DANMARK)

"a Portuguese in Danmark"

Go to Top of Page

kolucoms6
Average Member

845 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2008 :  16:38:10  Show Profile
asp ?
Go to Top of Page

balexandre

Denmark
418 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2008 :  04:06:49  Show Profile  Visit balexandre's Homepage  Send balexandre an ICQ Message
what asp???

this link does not work: http://apps.abc.com/Suppliers/WebServices/InsertLeads.asmx

can you please put that working so I can test it?

Bruno Alexandre
(Strøby, DANMARK)

"a Portuguese in Danmark"

Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2008 :  10:39:51  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage
I think he's wanting the work done, not help in finishing it off... there's been a pattern of that.
Go to Top of Page

kolucoms6
Average Member

845 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2008 :  15:31:25  Show Profile
Sorry but "abc" ...is just a ficticiou name...:-(

Cant give the actual name as NDA is there...
Go to Top of Page

pdrg
Support Moderator

United Kingdom
2897 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2008 :  15:56:05  Show Profile  Send pdrg a Yahoo! Message
That sounds like a consulting job right there - I'd talk to a local software house about it, there's more to it to do it properly than just a few lines in a forum topic!
Go to Top of Page

kolucoms6
Average Member

845 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2008 :  19:23:21  Show Profile

Upto you how you take it. as consulting or something else..

But my client wants to me to do this and As I am bit confuised thats why posted it..
Go to Top of Page

pdrg
Support Moderator

United Kingdom
2897 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2008 :  14:26:18  Show Profile  Send pdrg a Yahoo! Message
I'd still suggest you talk to a local software house/company about it, you're getting into the kind of territory which will require test servers, good design, serious work, etc., which is more involved than you may be able to get for free from people on this site, especially for a commercial application.
Go to Top of Page

kolucoms6
Average Member

845 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2008 :  21:06:26  Show Profile
When it says "InsertLeads.asmx", does it means I cant use ASP file ?

Generally what we do in HTTP Post ,

1) We design an ASP Form
2) Once user Clicks on Submit, data are posted to next page which does the SOME Operation on those data and then either return back or stay back.

"asmx" file is for ASP.net.An .asmx file is a text file that is similar to an .aspx file.These files can be part of an ASP.NET application that includes .aspx files. These files are then URI-addressable, just as .aspx files are.

But I only work in ASP amnd Not asp.net.

Kindly suggest.

There is also an Option top use

• SOAP 1.1;
• SOAP 1.2;

But sorry I have never worked in that.

Edited by - kolucoms6 on 16 March 2008 21:11:56
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20580 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2008 :  02:09:09  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
I would suggest since you have no idea whatsoever that you find someone who does and pay them to do the work for you. Whilst we don't mind answering the odd question and offering advice on the odd NON Snitz related coding issues, you seem to incessantly ask for people to write code for you, and most of it like this one looks to be a professional requirement rather than personal.

if you really want to learn this stuff, buy a book on consuming webservices using SOAP.

SOAP is a protocol that is used by webservices so that other languages like ASP/JAVA etc can talk to the webservice which can be written in an entirely different language, there are 10's of thousands of examples of this stuff on the net, so try searching on Google that is what Google is for.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07