Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ahad Khan
Starting Member

Pakistan
25 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2006 :  08:30:17  Show Profile
I just started with my own Message Boards Community...Its kinda new yet & can be found at http://www.chillmahole.com/forum

Thanks to snitz Communications & Image for all the implemeted Mods & support...:)

JudgeTom
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2006 :  22:10:42  Show Profile  Visit JudgeTom's Homepage
I like the main choice of color decision, although the logo plays no part in the color scheme or design of the site. It actually stands out a lot, being the main feature because of its dark colors. It draws attention away from the rest of the site even more so because the normal text is so washed out. I would suggest a darker color for the text, and possibly redoing the logo in colors that match the site.

The first two images in your button bar are different sizes from the rest of the images. This normally wouldn't be bad, but the home image is really small, and the forum image is really big, then all of the images go to a normal size. It just looks odd. Also, the spotlighted member image is oversized and looks very pixellated. You did go through a lot of effort customizing the images and the forum, and I give you lots of credit for that. It looks it. One last comment about the images is that the login image doesn't match the rest of the site. You might want to update that, or turn it into a text link.

The last comment I have about the site is the use of shadows. They don't exist anywhere except for inside the of topics. It feels like the site suddenly changed, and a lot of the text becomes unreadable because the shadow is so close to the text color.

I do like the dropdown menus that allow quick access to areas. It's a good enhancement. There is also a good selection of avatars and they seem to be pretty well done. There was a lot of effort into making the site have everything required for a community, and it shows.

http://www.storygrinder.com
Go to Top of Page

Ahad Khan
Starting Member

Pakistan
25 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2006 :  07:30:19  Show Profile
Thanx alot for da appreciation and for highlighting corrective areas :)..means a lot..Im still workin on da logo & da shadows..as i said its a new site ,hence requires a lot of improvement but thnx again for pointing out the areas that require attention :)

Please do keep posting ur comments as it would help me a lot in my site improvement Mission.. :D
ps: Oh n if it isn't too bothering..do register as well!

Go to Top of Page

Average Member

Canada
574 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2006 :  19:26:06  Show Profile  Visit Image's Homepage  Send Image an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ahad Khan

I just started with my own Message Boards Community...Its kinda new yet & can be found at http://www.chillmahole.com/forum

Thanks to snitz Communications & Image for all the implemeted Mods & support...:)

A good way to thank me is to keep my link in the inc_footer.asp where it was when you upload my portal.
Merci !

Go to Top of Page

Ahad Khan
Starting Member

Pakistan
25 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2006 :  05:32:10  Show Profile
lolz sure image...i'll put ur link in there!!!

By da way ur forums seem to dislike me for some reason..

This is what they shout at me...

You are banned from these forums!!!

Go to Top of Page

Average Member

Canada
574 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2006 :  15:55:19  Show Profile  Visit Image's Homepage  Send Image an ICQ Message
I still don't see my link in the inc_footer.asp

http://www.forums2001.ca

Go to Top of Page

Ahad Khan
Starting Member

Pakistan
25 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2006 :  05:23:06  Show Profile
I hope u can SEE it now....!!!
HApPY?
Oh and do inform me about any corrective areas Image...wud b helpful :)

Go to Top of Page

Average Member

Canada
574 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2006 :  19:57:03  Show Profile  Visit Image's Homepage  Send Image an ICQ Message
thanks
Go to Top of Page

ScrubUp
Starting Member

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2006 :  22:07:16  Show Profile  Visit ScrubUp's Homepage
hello! I really like this forum of yours, one of the brightest, cleanest and original variations of snitz I have seen!

can i ask if you started with the original snitz and just added so many mods or was it installed as one package! very nice, marshallah.

where did youget the icons from!? :)
Go to Top of Page

Roger Fredriksson
Average Member

Sweden
556 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2006 :  05:38:43  Show Profile  Visit Roger Fredriksson's Homepage
I like it too but at a first non-pro glance it looks like a "standard-Image"-package - am I right?

rf/www.avgifter.com
Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2006 :  08:46:48  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Roger Fredriksson

I like it too but at a first non-pro glance it looks like a "standard-Image"-package - am I right?

Best I can tell, its close to if not exactly... having said that, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Image does some good work. I don't fully agree with some of his design choices, but thats why we have a variety of styles floating around the net.
Go to Top of Page

KiLLMasTer
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2006 :  17:59:54  Show Profile
Nice fourms man
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 11 October 2006 :  05:29:34  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
Not bad, I'd change some of the colors though... I'd at least change the forum font color to something darker, the current color makes it very hard to read IMO.

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

Roger Fredriksson
Average Member

Sweden
556 Posts

Posted - 11 October 2006 :  06:13:21  Show Profile  Visit Roger Fredriksson's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by AnonJr
Best I can tell, its close to if not exactly... having said that, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. ...

On the contrary - Image-package is great, at least for us being newbies. I just noticed that Image had some trouble to get credits for it but that was probably unintentional. Keep up the good work Image and Ahad Khan. :)

rf/www.avgifter.com
Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 11 October 2006 :  06:28:43  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage
Please don't misunderstand - I said it wasn't a bad thing. Image has done a good job with the package he's put together. Especially for those who need foreign language support.
Go to Top of Page

Ahad Khan
Starting Member

Pakistan
25 Posts

Posted - 09 December 2006 :  06:59:47  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ScrubUp

hello! I really like this forum of yours, one of the brightest, cleanest and original variations of snitz I have seen!

can i ask if you started with the original snitz and just added so many mods or was it installed as one package! very nice, marshallah.

where did youget the icons from!? :)

Thanks a lot... :)
Sorry for bein outta touch....Was kinda busy with my JOb...:P
YUps This is a pure "Image Package" ...Thanks to Image The forums turned out real good...Not that i had a few options to select a basis for my boards but somehow Image Designs always Attract me..

What Icons u b talkin bout ScrubUp?? The entire Forum Icons or some spoecific ones??

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07