FAQ Admin install problem
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jorrit787
Average Member

Netherlands
681 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2004 :  14:23:43  Show Profile  Visit Jorrit787's Homepage  Send Jorrit787 an AOL message  Send Jorrit787 a Yahoo! Message
Every time I try to run mod_dbsetup.asp in my browser to install the FAQ Administrator MOD I get an error saying it either can't find the file at all (HTTP 500 error), or it can't find inc_functions.asp .

I checked all my uploaded files, and the inc_functions.asp file is indeed not present, but the mod_dbsetup.asp file certainly is.

What should I do?

eXtremeGossip

Da_Stimulator
DEV Team Forum Moderator

USA
3373 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2004 :  15:15:41  Show Profile  Send Da_Stimulator an AOL message  Send Da_Stimulator a Yahoo! Message
Thats an ooold version of the faq mod, you have to find a version that goes with the current version of snitz

www.snitzbitz.com make sure its compatible with your version of snitz

-Stim
Go to Top of Page

Jorrit787
Average Member

Netherlands
681 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2004 :  15:34:45  Show Profile  Visit Jorrit787's Homepage  Send Jorrit787 an AOL message  Send Jorrit787 a Yahoo! Message
Ok, I found a newer version but I can't seem to install it... It's OneWayMule's F.A.Q. Administration v1.1 .

I edited the admin_home.asp as told, uploaded all files, but when I go to Admin -> MOD Setup I am supposed to get a dropdown box, from where I should be able to choose which MOD I want to install, but all I get is a CODE: label, with a text box next to it where I can input code...

eXtremeGossip
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2004 :  20:21:52  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
Open dbs_faq.asp in a text editor, copy and paste its content into the text box and click Submit.
This will create the necessary database tables.

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

Jorrit787
Average Member

Netherlands
681 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2004 :  07:19:52  Show Profile  Visit Jorrit787's Homepage  Send Jorrit787 an AOL message  Send Jorrit787 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you, that worked just fine.

Do I have to add each MOD this way? (Pasting the code in the MOD Install box). Because I never see the dropdown box that is supposed to appear...?

eXtremeGossip
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2004 :  07:52:31  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Yeah, if there is no files to choose from in the dropdown, you should do it this way.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07