New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

arzuna
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 15 November 2004 :  16:01:23  Show Profile  Visit arzuna's Homepage
Hello everyone!

I hope that someone could help me on this cause I tried hard to find a solution and it wasn't possible up to now...

Let me explain the problem.

We wanted to implement a way to restrict a portion of our Members from Deleting their messages(or editting them to... empty ones or make other "catastrophic" to the discussions alterations).

I noticed the topic "Mod Posted Messages Control"(http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=39699), started by GauravBhabu, which in fact relates to a modification doing what we need. It also includes a time limiting function which is exactly the perfect solution, offering the chance for the users to edit their messages in a certain limit of time in case of grammatical errors for instance, or deleting double posted messages.

But the links for the time limiting functions provided on this topic didn't work at that time.

So, as the situation was urgent we decided to implement a "quick and dirty" solution to this, preventing(hiding) all-together the editting/deleting from normal users(something like "deletind editing for normal user", . Off-course we were planning to implement the time-limiting functions as soon as the ForumSquare server was running again.http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=49784)

But this didn't happen...
I tried to find the code needed through the Snitz forums or on some mod sites i searched. Even in Google...
As it seems GauravBhabu cannot help us with this. I wrote to him(2 times) but I think his work is very pressing this time and he couldn't send me something up to now(more than a month). It's fuly understandable off-course!

So I decided to open a new topic on this, in case someone can guide me for a solution, or happens to have the code we're looking handy, or know another similar solution to time limiting Edit and Delete of Message Posted. Our users make very strong and repeated complaints about the situation and we cannot keep "ignoring" them. They are right on their claims off-course, but we don't want to fully restore the Edit/Delete functions for obvious reasons....

Our Forum version is 4.304(internationalized 3.304)

Thanks in advance!

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 15 November 2004 :  16:13:26  Show Profile
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=55034
Go to Top of Page

arzuna
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 15 November 2004 :  17:06:57  Show Profile  Visit arzuna's Homepage
I'm more than obliged laser!

Thank you very much!!

Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2004 :  01:58:39  Show Profile
No problemo

Edited by - laser on 16 November 2004 01:59:07
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07