Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Corster45
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2004 :  20:32:49  Show Profile  Visit Corster45's Homepage  Send Corster45 an AOL message  Send Corster45 a Yahoo! Message
I've read all the MOD install topics that I could find. But they are way too confusing. Would anybody like to help?

The readme file describes stuff totally different than, some one PLEASE help!!!

Edited by - Corster45 on 03 November 2004 00:08:53

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2004 :  05:22:29  Show Profile
Choose ONE mod, then post about it.
Go to Top of Page

Corster45
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2004 :  08:11:48  Show Profile  Visit Corster45's Homepage  Send Corster45 an AOL message  Send Corster45 a Yahoo! Message
Well I've got two at the moment. The active user and private messenger. Then after ig et those installed my list goes on. They start out easy but then it gets to a point which my forum doesn't have a feature that it describes.
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2004 :  08:32:22  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
Can you be more specific?
quote:
a point which my forum doesn't have a feature that it describes

What exactly do you mean with that?

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

Corster45
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2004 :  20:23:29  Show Profile  Visit Corster45's Homepage  Send Corster45 an AOL message  Send Corster45 a Yahoo! Message
This is what it says for the Active Usere readme.

'Second from the bottom in the "Other Configuration Options and Features" column is the MOD Setup panel, open that.
NOTE: If this page does not load correctly then you can use the "(Alternative Mod Setup)" link, which is directly following the Mod Setup link
There should be a select form object in the center of the file. Select "Active Users 4.0.1 for Snitz 3.4 compatable"
Make sure the checkbox is checked.
Click Update! '

This is what it says in the Private Messenger reademe
'Goto your Admin Options and then click on "MOD Setup"
You will see the Private Message option in the drop down box:
Private Messages Mod (Default) <-- Should look like this! - Select it and click update! '

My forum MOD thing shows nothing of this.
-----
Off the topic question, can i make a special folder in the forums file that says mods?

Edited by - Corster45 on 03 November 2004 20:28:17
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2004 :  20:50:41  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
You need to upload the DBS files for the MODs you want to installed (they're called dbs_MODNAME.asp or similar) to your forum folder.

Then go to Admin Options -> MOD Setup, choose the MOD (as stated in the MOD's readme)from the dropdown box and click Update.

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

Corster45
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2004 :  21:10:05  Show Profile  Visit Corster45's Homepage  Send Corster45 an AOL message  Send Corster45 a Yahoo! Message
where would i find that at?
----

I THINK i may have forund it.

When i uploaded the .zip file(my host auot unzips everything) it make a folder. Do I remove everything from that folder and put it in the main forum file?

Edited by - Corster45 on 03 November 2004 21:13:42
Go to Top of Page

Corster45
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2004 :  22:23:57  Show Profile  Visit Corster45's Homepage  Send Corster45 an AOL message  Send Corster45 a Yahoo! Message
I still need HELP. PLEASE!!
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2004 :  22:37:20  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
quote:
When i uploaded the .zip file(my host auot unzips everything) it make a folder. Do I remove everything from that folder and put it in the main forum file?

You need to carefully read the installation instructions that comes with the MODs.
For example, from the Private Messages readme:
You need to upload all the files into your main forum directory (except for those in the EXAMPLE-FOLDER; these are just to be used as an example).

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Go to Top of Page

keng38

United Kingdom
80 Posts

Posted - 05 November 2004 :  06:49:06  Show Profile  Visit keng38's Homepage
Best way is to do one at a time, test it works, back it up and do the next one.
I got confused at first and ended uploading .asp files without previous changes from other MOD's I had done already.
Took me ages to get it sorted!!
Go to Top of Page

Corster45
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 05 November 2004 :  18:24:37  Show Profile  Visit Corster45's Homepage  Send Corster45 an AOL message  Send Corster45 a Yahoo! Message
I've done all that. I've read the readme.txt files over and over and over..... Nothing seems to work. Can somebody help by chat? I REALLY NEED HELP!!!
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2004 :  10:54:12  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
You need to give more information if you want to get help.

- Which MOD are you currently trying to install?
- Which steps in the installation instructions are causing you problems?
- Do you get any error messages?

Please be more specific next time "Nothing seems to work" doesn't help at all.

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Go to Top of Page

Corster45
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2004 :  15:02:59  Show Profile  Visit Corster45's Homepage  Send Corster45 an AOL message  Send Corster45 a Yahoo! Message
- Private Message and Active User MODs
- The part where you goto to the admin section and it says to goto the MOD Install link and click the drop down menu(I don't have a drop down menu, why is this?).
- I don't get any error messages.
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2004 :  15:44:28  Show Profile
I gave you the same answer in another thread, or maybe it was for member : help

On 1asphost you won't have a dropdown. You have to copy the contents from your dbs_ file and paste into the alternate MOD setup.

Install ONE mod at a time as well
Go to Top of Page

Corster45
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2004 :  19:06:06  Show Profile  Visit Corster45's Homepage  Send Corster45 an AOL message  Send Corster45 a Yahoo! Message
say what?

i'm installing the active user one 1st then private messenger 2nd.
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2004 :  07:04:44  Show Profile
quote:
On 1asphost you won't have a dropdown. You have to copy the contents from your dbs_ file and paste into the alternate MOD setup.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07