Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

wedont

Canada
344 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  22:57:25  Show Profile
Frankie, you Rock.

And you're right, we sometimes forget to express all of our appreciation for your efforts. I personnaly get sometimes caught up in my own little struggle and react as if the others were to blaim or to prioritised there time to my own service !

I even sent my "host" to hell because I was not getting the "quality" I got use to, from dedicated people like you on Snitz !

Thanks.

Wedont
snitz ver3.1 sr2
access 2k.
Go to Top of Page

XavierSlater

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  23:12:47  Show Profile  Visit XavierSlater's Homepage
I have just implemented this MOD, it was easy, worked first time from the clear instructions.

If there is a capacity issue, then perhaps the Archive MOD, could be developed to extract OLD data, and put it into an Archive Database, thats not "live" but can be referenced, should it be needed.

One other Modification to this I'd like, if at all possible, it doesn't seem to reference the Colour schemes put in, and its choice of colours, isn't exactly compatible with our scheme, so I am sure others might have that issue too. If it could call the colours from the DBase, as much of the rest of the Snitz does, that would be spanky.

Anyhoo, I like it, LOTS.

Thanks Muchly

www.superiority.net/aa

Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  23:26:18  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
I in the same way did not mean to offend you. I am just trying to let people understand what this MOD does. Alot of users of the Snitz forum do not have much ASP knowledge. They can usually follow directions pretty well and most of them love all these MODS to be able to add on to the Snitz forum. I think all these MODS are what make the forum so great. You can start off with the basic version and with all the MODS people made, you can basically have the forum the way you want it. No of this could happen if it was not for people of you to spend all your time working on these MODS. So again, sorry if I offended, I just have used such a program and below are just some information on how much data has been inserted…

I started the stats on 1/2/2001.

From 1/2/2001 to 2/20/2001 I have had 13,063 page views.
I get about 150 – 200 page views a day
For every page view it inserts the users info into one table, and then also links the page in another table but does not duplicate them in that table. So on a forum the more posts you get, the more the URL changes which just generates that table to get bigger also.

So that’s basically all I am getting at is that this MOD would could take up a TON of space depending on what site its used on.

Brad
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  23:44:25  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
I just downloaded KyCable's Custom Forum... I noticed he's got his Stats Server running on it's own DB.

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Running on HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.
Go to Top of Page

Therion93

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2001 :  01:17:54  Show Profile  Send Therion93 an ICQ Message
Frankie,

Don't sweat it man. I don't think they meant any harm. Even constructive criticism can sometimes come across wrong.

It's a cliche I know but, 2 rules for life

1. Never sweat the small stuff.
2. Everything is small stuff.

Therion93
Because Legends Never Die! - Kiss-Forever.Net
Mysteries & Magic - Mysteria Magicka
Go to Top of Page

gor
Retired Admin

Netherlands
5511 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2001 :  02:40:29  Show Profile  Visit gor's Homepage
Wow

Small question: I went to http://www.eastpasco.com/reports.asp and can see all graphics fine etc. except for the click path, i.e. http://www.eastpasco.com/ips.asp?ip=12.43.101.20
There I can only see date and time.

Pierre
Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2001 :  10:56:21  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
This was posted on another topic on the snitz site but will post it here just so people who were wondering would know.....

Sql Server
  1. no database storage limit
  2. no concurrent user limit

Access
  1. 2 gb database storage limit
  2. Suggested 5 concurrent user limit

This information was given by Doug G

Below is a Microsoft's site that talks about this issue.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?URL=/library/backgrnd/html/msdeforvs.htm

Brad
Go to Top of Page

gor
Retired Admin

Netherlands
5511 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2001 :  12:39:46  Show Profile  Visit gor's Homepage
I downloaded both the zip-file Frankie provides and the zip-file for StatCounteX 3.0 and compared a couple of the key-files (just took the ones with identical names).

Those files are almost identical (except for a few included), but since even the indenting is the same, I'm convinced they original files were used to build this mod.

Only thing missing are the credit lines that hakaneskici shows in his reply.

In Frankies defence: the header only states "Credit" and not "Copyright".
I also couldn't find a license.txt in either the zip-file for the 3.0 or the 2.0 version I downloaded from http://www.2enetworx.com/dev/projects/statcountex.asp

But clearly credit should be given were this is due, and in this case were at least a number of key-files are the same that credit should be there.

It would be the same as someone modifying the Snitz Forums code and removing the copyright.

I removed the download link from Frankies original post and locked this topic.
Frankie, please feel free to re-submit this mod with the original credit lines returned in the pages. I don't think you meant harm, but I hope you understand I couldn't just leave this like it was.

A kind request to the authers/copyright holders at http://www.2enetworx.com/dev/ to please add the license.txt file to the zip-file and state the copyright even clearer in the source-files.

Pierre
Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2001 :  12:43:27  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
why can i still post to this locked topic?

Brad
Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2001 :  12:45:38  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
i was in the middle of trying to get my message posted and, after i post the message i can just click bacvk on my browser a couple times and then post again. this should be a bug and i will post it in the bug forum. basically i think it should check before the item is inserted into the database if the db is locked or not

Brad
Go to Top of Page

gor
Retired Admin

Netherlands
5511 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2001 :  12:50:16  Show Profile  Visit gor's Homepage
Brad,

Please post this in the BUGS forum, thank you.

Pierre
Go to Top of Page

tteal

USA
438 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2001 :  11:30:09  Show Profile  Visit tteal's Homepage  Send tteal an AOL message  Send tteal an ICQ Message
This is not the only program that credit isn't given to the proper author. Look at the LINKS program and you'll clearly see what I mean........

I don't know who developed it, but I've seen it on another site and that author should be given some credit too... just a thought.

Cheers,
Tim

http://www.free-guestbook.com
Go to Top of Page

Kal Corp
Average Member

USA
878 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2001 :  15:24:10  Show Profile  Visit Kal Corp's Homepage
quote:

I'm a SQL Server user too, and it's a piece of cake doing find/replace for # or changing MEMO to TEXT in a table. Sure there's other stuff too

Does any one have the code for SQL?

I just converted and not upto date on what need to be chagned.

Thanks

Edited by - kal corp on 22 February 2001 15:25:02
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2001 :  16:55:20  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
I'm not sure what's missing... I got the license.txt added, But what I did is change the Icon at the
bottom to this

quote:

I downloaded both the zip-file Frankie provides and the zip-file for StatCounteX 3.0 and compared a couple of the key-files (just took the ones with identical names).

Those files are almost identical (except for a few included), but since even the indenting is the same, I'm convinced they original files were used to build this mod.

Only thing missing are the credit lines that hakaneskici shows in his reply.

In Frankies defence: the header only states "Credit" and not "Copyright".
I also couldn't find a license.txt in either the zip-file for the 3.0 or the 2.0 version I downloaded from http://www.2enetworx.com/dev/projects/statcountex.asp

But clearly credit should be given were this is due, and in this case were at least a number of key-files are the same that credit should be there.

It would be the same as someone modifying the Snitz Forums code and removing the copyright.

I removed the download link from Frankies original post and locked this topic.
Frankie, please feel free to re-submit this mod with the original credit lines returned in the pages. I don't think you meant harm, but I hope you understand I couldn't just leave this like it was.

A kind request to the authers/copyright holders at http://www.2enetworx.com/dev/ to please add the license.txt file to the zip-file and state the copyright even clearer in the source-files.

Pierre

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Running on HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.
Go to Top of Page

Kal Corp
Average Member

USA
878 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2001 :  19:12:35  Show Profile  Visit Kal Corp's Homepage
I just added this to my forum @ http://vasserver.dyndns.org/kalsforums/

and the reports are at http://192.168.0.2/kalsforums/Reports.asp

Edited by - kal corp on 22 February 2001 19:13:22
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07