Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  15:10:06  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
Wait! Found a problem... No Graphs are not working, but check this out....

Notice the Header " HuwR 3.1 SR4" at the top of the page. Now go into Stats..
notice the color of the forum change and the header and footer change from
"white" to "red"

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Running on HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.
Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  16:39:09  Show Profile
rick7165 ....

Did you edit anything special because I get no statistics except for IP Addresses.

I was at your site and it shows everything

Let me know..

Thanks
Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  17:17:27  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
I haven't edited anything... Just I'm running HuwR's mod forum code so I have to change
the Image Paths from src="icon.gif" to src="<%=strImageURL %>icon.gif"

You may have to click on a few pages before anything shows up in your stats page.

Let me know if your having trouble with my site.

Rick

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Running on HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.

Edited by - rick7165 on 20 February 2001 17:18:42
Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  17:23:57  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
Tim,

This mod is not tested (think not intended) to work with sql server (tested on Access2000). Try to make it work (if you have time!). Thanks for your concerns .

redbrad0,

I said at the beginning, I didn't write the original code but modified it to work with snitz, plus other things. Thanks for your comments though .

Intrepidone,

Thanks for your help. I don't get the fact that the mod's graphics part works on your site but not the urls. at the same time the urls are working on rick7165's but not the graphics part!!!!!!

rick7165,

The problem with colors are from the included .css file, try playing with color schema. Plus try to reinstall the mod again and check to see if the graph.asp file is intact or the latest updated version! Thanks for you help too

If anyone finds a mistake or generates an error and fixes it please share the fix with us. God bless

Note: the mod configueration changed dramatically from the first zip file, if you downloaded the first mod you have to delete it (delete associated tables too) and redownload the new zip.

BTW, try to add your ip address to not be included in the stats at the stats_config.asp, plus configure the mod to trim the protocols and parameters (to save db space).

ô¿~

Edited by - frankie on 20 February 2001 17:35:11
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  17:35:16  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
Well I re uploaded the files.. Graphs are working, but the colors are still
changing.. Have no clue why

If someone has this same problem let me now or if anyone
knows a fix to this

Thanks,
Rick

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Go to Top of Page

tteal

USA
438 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  17:40:08  Show Profile  Visit tteal's Homepage  Send tteal an AOL message  Send tteal an ICQ Message
Frankie,
No pun intended but there are alot of us that run SQL Server.. I realize that you're hacking up the script from the stats program from anoterh site, however, if you're going to suggest a mod, please don't make it one that someone has to go behind and re-write everything to work with SQL Server. I'll expand...

# does not work in SQL Server and has to be changed to the apostrophe when dealing with date issues - - -big difference from Access to SQL Server.

All of the "views" are in Access and use the Format command which does not work in SQL Server....

........... that's my point.

Those are are using MS Access: Do not expect to use this mod very long because your database is going to end up growing beyond proportionate sizes!

Cheers,
Tim

http://www.free-guestbook.com
Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  17:41:26  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
rick,

Change the colors in the included .css file to accomedate your settings. After you're done is there a chance I could add a link to the mod at your test site to be demoed? (you can say no!) . Thanks a punch!

ô¿~
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  17:53:50  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
Frankie You are more then Welcome to use the site for a Demo AnyTime!!... All I use it for is testing Mods
before I put them on other Forums. LOL It's Loaded with Mods...

I Got it all working now!! I also changed the bar from green to gold.. much easier to see...

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com

Edited by - rick7165 on 20 February 2001 18:18:14
Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  18:29:49  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
amen tim, i feel the exact same way that you do. people will install this mod, have it on their site for a month or so depending on how busy the site is, then have to take it off because of db problems. i have a program just like this working on sql server. i will try and find out tommorow how big my db is.

Brad
Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  19:31:09  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
Tim, redbrad0,

I'm not getting paid for doing this. I actually have better things to do, like finishing my master's degree in information systems. I do this stuff in my free time to help this forum community to excel and as a token of my appreciation to their hard work and the great effort they put in this great software. I noticed that I get a lot of resentment when I post a mod or a code snipplet. I posted more than four mods with tens (maybe hundreds) of replies. None of the support people rushed and offered help and re-releases and suggestions like they do with others (I once begged for help on one of my mods to certain people without even one reply back). I don't take it the wrong way but I'm doing what I'm doing just to help not to satisfy and meet expectations of every single member. I do what I can do and if I can't do it I will say I can't. If you feel that I'm imposing here please say so! If you think the way I write or modify code is not up to the LaFamilia standards, please say so!.

Here goes my hours of hard work
ô¿~

Edited by - frankie on 20 February 2001 19:37:35
Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  20:26:00  Show Profile
I think frankie is only trying to help benefit others running snitz.

If ppl d-load this MOD, like it and run it, if their db gets to big they have a choice, lose the MOD or keep it, no big deal. If they were smart they backed up their db before they ran the setup.

I have only noticed frankie compliment other ppl's hard work at making MODS and praise them, whereas ppl seem to criticize him for his time and effort.

G's, it seems at first ppl were complimenting him on the MOD, but when it would not work for them or they noticed downfalls the compliments turned to criticism

After being on the Internet for 8 years now I thought things would change, I guess not.

Intrepidone

P.S.
frankie ... is it possible to run this MOD on it's own db? If so a person could nuke that db and blow away the old stats and start fresh again

Edited by - Intrepidone on 20 February 2001 20:44:43
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  20:33:15  Show Profile
Frankie, keep up the good work!

I generally haven't seen anything wrong with the mods you've posted and haven't really had anything to post on them about. Except for the Links Manager, which I was going to post about, but someone else already had.
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  20:38:22  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
Yes Frankie Keep up the good work!

I try all the mods out.. if I don't like them.. Then I just remove them.

I try and keep all the mods on my test site so people can see how they
work and run. I've got Frankie's Mods on there also and knowing he really
has no place to show a demo.. He can use my test site as a Demo.

Keep them coming!

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Go to Top of Page

tteal

USA
438 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  21:39:12  Show Profile  Visit tteal's Homepage  Send tteal an AOL message  Send tteal an ICQ Message
as I mentioned in one of my previous message, no pun was intended and I appreciate your efforts. Also I apologize if my note was taken in a derogatory manner because it wasn't meant that way. Sometimes across the net, words can come across the wrong way and that wasn't my intent at all.

Again I appreciate your efforts very much... keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Tim

http://www.free-guestbook.com
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2001 :  22:24:54  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Frankie...I can understand your feelings but trust me, we really appreciate it. I'm overwhelmed by the work that people like you do for this forum.

If someone uses or doesn't use your mod -- for whatever reason -- has no bearing on what most of us feel about your efforts.

And by the way, outstanding work on this mod... I'm a SQL Server user too, and it's a piece of cake doing find/replace for # or changing MEMO to TEXT in a table. Sure there's other stuff too, but that's what this forum is all about -- someone with some time and SQL background should simply offer (sorry I'm in the middle of a MOD righ now!) to make the changes and then post it.

Go Frankie Go!!

Cheers!

Rob

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07