New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2001 :  21:07:50  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
I will update the mod's files with the proper credit lines as soon I get my hands on my machine.

rick, you don't have to stick with that image you could use any image you want. Thanks to everyone for their help. Peace

ô¿~
Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2001 :  21:15:41  Show Profile
Kal Corp ...

We can't access the reports page, that is a private IP Address (which can't be seen across a router) probably on your Intranet I presume.

If I tryed to access it, I would just connect to one of my other puters with that IP

Intrepidone

Edited by - Intrepidone on 23 February 2001 00:26:20
Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2001 :  23:16:16  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
I updated the zip with new files that include the credits for original authors

I couldn't locate this statement in the original code but I'm going to mention it here anyway:
Original Copyright:

Copyright (c) 2000, 2eNetWorX/dev.
http://www.2enetworx.com/dev
This software is distributed with General Public License.

Original Header added to modified files:

'StatCounteX 3.0
'http://www.2enetworx.com/dev/projects/statcountex.asp
'Description: StatCounteX Reports Main Page
'Initiated by Hakan Eskici on Nov 18, 2000
'-------------------------------------------------------------
'Credits:
'Kevin Yochum, Warp Drive Enterprises (http://www.warp-drive.com)
'Great additions to StatCounteX including but not limited to:
'Graphical Reports, Top Day, Visitor Path Behaviour
'IP Filter, Active Links

'You may use the code for any purpose
'But re-publishing is discouraged.
'See License.txt for additional information

Note: no license.txt was included with the original code I obtained.

I'm sorry again for drawing unwanted attention to this respectable forum and the contreversy associated it.

My intension were to help and keep this great community growing

Peace and god bless.

ô¿~

Edited by - frankie on 22 February 2001 23:23:23
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2001 :  01:14:59  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
Frankie...

Here is the location of the license that I found.

http://www.2enetworx.com/dev/license.asp

Keep Up the Good Work!!!!

Rick

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Running on HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.
Go to Top of Page

concep86

USA
140 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2001 :  09:28:05  Show Profile  Visit concep86's Homepage
I added the code, but nothing is going into the db.

Any thoughts.

thanks

Concep86
Webmaster
http://www.coneciones.com
http://www.amercoll.edu
Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2001 :  14:18:37  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
rick,

Thanks for your support. I didn't find the above text in any of the source code. I think by giving the author the credit he deserves and a link to his development site in every file will do (that's the way I found it when I obtained the original code and that's the way I'm going to leave it) just to be on the safe side .

concep86,

I have two questions for you:
  • Did you run the stats_reports_setup.aspfile from your own browser to creat the mod's tables?

• What kind of db you're using?

I don't think this mod was intended for sql server or mysql. Unless someone is willing to take the heat I faced and decide to make it work with other dbs. I warn you though it was a rough ride (LOL).

ô¿~
Go to Top of Page

lcs78816

195 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2001 :  15:35:24  Show Profile
does anyone has problem with this one?
View detailed reports to see the statistics about Browsers, Resolutions, Colors, Operating Systems Pages and Referers

On my computer it won't show any stats obtained.

Go to Top of Page

lcs78816

195 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2001 :  15:51:19  Show Profile
wierd.....now the stats stopped recording. It was fine last night. Hmm, something's wrong.

Go to Top of Page

David
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2001 :  02:20:19  Show Profile
quote:

[font=Verdana]

In open source community, you should respect and give credit to the original authors of the application if you intend to modify it.

I've downloaded your mod to see if you keep the credits in it, tough you don't mention them neither in your post nor on your site. But I was disappointed to see the credits were removed...

I don't want to revive something that has been put to rest but I really want to say something about this. While I agree wholeheartedly that credit should be given where due and all copyrights respected, I think the manner in which the author handled this was inexcusable. Why not contact Frankie via e-mail, one-on-one and give him the opportunity to correct the matter. His (the author) grievance was with Frankie, not the entire forum. He may have been angry and justifiably so, but this public rebuke seems more like a tantrum than a reasonable response. After all, Mike has made it clear that we are supposed to let him know privately if we notice a Snitz forum somewhere that is missing the copyright, so he can contact them personally to try to remedy the matter like adults. I think the same should have applied here.

In his defense, Frankie mentioned half a dozen times that both the links and stats mods were "hacks" of existing code, and in the case of the links app even asked if anyone recognized it to let him know so he could give credit. Let's be reasonable.

I apologize for any soapbox like activity but I felt that should be said. Thank you.

David

Go to Top of Page

z
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2001 :  03:34:10  Show Profile
i read in previous posts that this wrote directly to the snitz forum database file. is this so? if it is, i'll just keep the old stat system the way i rewrote it (just making it look prettier) etc...

Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 28 February 2001 :  12:33:44  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
quote:

i read in previous posts that this wrote directly to the snitz forum database file. is this so? if it is, i'll just keep the old stat system the way i rewrote it (just making it look prettier) etc...

z,

It's true but at the same time it's so easy to setup a stand alone db to work with this mod (original code has it!).

David,

Thank you for the support but what intrigued me the most the authors never been members or visited this forum and all of the sudden they appeared magicaly (maybe some one rubbed the lamp) to critisize me and then dissappeared with no trace!!!

Go to Top of Page

iNFLEX

Canada
56 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2001 :  16:44:33  Show Profile  Visit iNFLEX's Homepage  Send iNFLEX an ICQ Message
Official site for Statx counter.. Check it out they haeve few cool codes there..
1)Mini Survey
2)TableEdit Nice Codeing to edit access db via web
3)statx counter

http://www.2enetworx.com/dev

Edited by - iNFLEX on 02 March 2001 16:46:24
Go to Top of Page

TwinnieL83
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2001 :  05:49:44  Show Profile
I'm getting these error messages when I run the stat_.._setup.asp file.

CREATE TABLE BROWSERS(BrowserID int COUNTER NOT NULL , BrowserName VARCHAR(100) NULL, Total INT)
424 | Object required
CREATE TABLE COLORS(ColorID int COUNTER NOT NULL , ColorName VARCHAR(20) NULL, Total INT DEFAULT 0)
424 | Object required
CREATE TABLE OSes(OsID int COUNTER NOT NULL , OsName VARCHAR(20) NULL, Total INT DEFAULT 0)
424 | Object required
CREATE TABLE PATHS(PathID int COUNTER NOT NULL , PathName VARCHAR(250) NULL, Total INT)
424 | Object required
CREATE TABLE REFS(RefID int COUNTER NOT NULL , RefName VARCHAR(250) NULL, Total INT)
424 | Object required
CREATE TABLE RESOLUTIONS(ResID int COUNTER NOT NULL , ResName VARCHAR(10) NULL, Total INT)
424 | Object required
CREATE TABLE STATS(StatID int COUNTER NOT NULL , [Date] datetime, [Time] datetime, IP VARCHAR(20) NULL, OsID INT DEFAULT 0, ColorID INT DEFAULT 0, BrowserID INT DEFAULT 0, ResID INT DEFAULT 0, PathID INT DEFAULT 0, RefID INT DEFAULT 0)
424 | Object required
3709 | The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context.
3709 | The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context.
3709 | The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context

What am I doing wrong here??

Marck

Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2001 :  13:38:47  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
Marck,

Check your db connection and see if it's open correctly!!

Go to Top of Page

larango
Starting Member

Colombia
20 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2001 :  23:31:43  Show Profile
Hi Frankie, thanks for your Mod to the forum. Looks great. Can't wait to install it in mine.

I followed the instructions but when running stats_reports_setup.asp I get the following error or message. I already check the DB connection (Access DB) and it's working. I use a DNS name "Snitz" not a DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)} line or something like that. What do you think?

CREATE TABLE BROWSERS(BrowserID int IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL CONSTRAINT primarykey PRIMARY KEY, BrowserName VARCHAR(100) NULL, Total INT)
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in CREATE TABLE statement.
CREATE TABLE COLORS(ColorID int IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL CONSTRAINT primarykey PRIMARY KEY, ColorName VARCHAR(20) NULL, Total INT DEFAULT 0)
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in CREATE TABLE statement.
CREATE TABLE OSes(OsID int IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL CONSTRAINT primarykey PRIMARY KEY, OsName VARCHAR(20) NULL, Total INT DEFAULT 0)
CREATE TABLE PATHS(PathID int IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL CONSTRAINT primarykey PRIMARY KEY, PathName VARCHAR(250) NULL, Total INT)
CREATE TABLE REFS(RefID int IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL CONSTRAINT primarykey PRIMARY KEY, RefName VARCHAR(250) NULL, Total INT)
CREATE TABLE RESOLUTIONS(ResID int IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL CONSTRAINT primarykey PRIMARY KEY, ResName VARCHAR(10) NULL, Total INT)
CREATE TABLE STATS(StatID int IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL CONSTRAINT primarykey PRIMARY KEY, [Date] datetime, [Time] datetime, IP VARCHAR(20) NULL, OsID INT DEFAULT 0, ColorID INT DEFAULT 0, BrowserID INT DEFAULT 0, ResID INT DEFAULT 0, PathID INT DEFAULT 0, RefID INT DEFAULT 0)
3251 | Object or provider is not capable of performing requested operation.

Queries upgrade done!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07