Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 help with novarg virus infected computer
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  02:17:41  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
I have a computer that got infected with the w32.novarg@mm/w32.Mydoom@mm virus and well, it's effects have frozen any keyboard from working on the computer, the mouse and what not works, IE wont work either, Anyway, I tried the fixes suggested by symantec and I found the virus, removed it, ran the novarg viorus removal, did it step by step a sindicated but my keyboard still wont work. Do any of you know how to fix this? I would try formatting but if I can't get the keyboard working, then i can push the arrow keys, enter and what not needed to reformat. If you have any ideas I would most greatly appreciate it.
thanks
WWS
p.s. sad thing is I had norton antivirus on it, checking all attachments with latest updates for it and it still infected my computer. It did catch many others though with the virus and took care of them, just one slipped through. my cpu went haywire this morning, been trying all day to fix it but can't, hopefully you can help me. thanks again.
WWS

coaster crazy

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  10:24:51  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
format c:

w32.novarg.a@mm.html#removalinstructions" target="_blank">http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.novarg.a@mm.html#removalinstructions

Brad
Oklahoma City Online Entertainment Guide
Oklahoma Event Tickets
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  14:44:27  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
how can I format if when I enter bios I cannot hit the arrow keys or enter or anything, I can only click with the mouse and the mouse doe snot function when in bios. Any other suggestions?

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

Jezmeister

United Kingdom
1141 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  15:06:53  Show Profile  Visit Jezmeister's Homepage
hold a powerful magnet next to ur computer lol na... try reinstalling ur keyboard driver it might hav been damaged by the virus.
Go to Top of Page

sr_erick

USA
1318 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  15:14:50  Show Profile  Visit sr_erick's Homepage  Send sr_erick a Yahoo! Message
Dude, he said the keyboard wont even get him into BIOS. He needs more than a driver. It sounds like a hardware issue but he has tried many keyboards, both usb and ps2. I am not sure what it could be.

Erick
Snowmobile Fanatics

Edited by - sr_erick on 05 February 2004 15:59:59
Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  15:16:28  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
So basically no keyboard will work? Can you go into your Hardware Profile and see maybe its disabled in their?

Brad
Oklahoma Event Tickets
Go to Top of Page

Dave.

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  15:44:46  Show Profile
How can you get into the BIOS if your keyboard doesn't work?
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  16:06:09  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
It sounds as if you might have to either reset the bios manually (if possible), or use another computer to remove the virus from the infected hard-drive.

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  16:21:59  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
it jumps itself into bios at times all by itself when rebooting, if I could control getting there with the keyboard, I would have formatted already. no keyboard will work, tried ps2 and usb keyboards and none work. Ok I am in device manager and I do not see anything about keyboards, I see computer, disk drives, display adapters, dvd/cd-rom drives, floppy disk controllers, floppy disk drives, IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers, memory stick controllers, mice and other pointing devices, modems, monitors, network adapters, ports(COM & LPT), processors, sound,video game controllers,storage volumes, system devices, universal serial bus controllers.

If any relevance the computer is a sony vaio pcv-rz 36g
also, it sometimes opens the my documents folder at random times, goes into standy by at random times as well. and all fans on the puter are working from what I can see visually. keyboard driver was reinstalled, lol, I've been on a laptop typing messages on my snitz forum to copy and paste with my mouse on the infected desktop so I can get around a bit. Does anyone know if replacing the hard drive which C: is on would fix this perhaps?
thanks

also device manager was sort of like refreshing it self a couple of times while in there, so it seemed at least by the list collapsing then reexpanding again, also masterao, any idea how I can do what ou suggested above? We tried connecting to it with remote assitance and we couldn't, sr_erick and I that is.

coaster crazy

Edited by - weeweeslap on 05 February 2004 16:23:21
Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  16:48:54  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
Sony Viao's I thought came with a restore CD that you just insert and it formated your hard drive. If you have another computer you could unplug the harddrive and then put it as a slave on the other computer. Then you could format the HD

Brad
Oklahoma Event Tickets
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  16:51:00  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
mine didn't

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  16:57:30  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
Goto...

http://sonystyle.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sonystyle.cfg/php/enduser/live.php

and talk to sony customer care. maybe they can either tell you how to format or mail you a restore cd. Now that I am thinking about it Sony had a way to restore the CD by pushing F5 or something, which would be a problem in your case pushing the F keys.

Brad
Oklahoma Event Tickets
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  17:24:40  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
They told me to call parts and accessories, they then told me to call technical support, they then told me to go back to customer care, they're making me go in circles. Called the stor ewhere I bought it from and well, told me to call Sony first

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  17:47:57  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Well I never had a computer of mine infected, but I find it very weird that a virus would wreck a computer's keyboard. I've read a bit about that virus and it didn't look like it could do that. One thing would be the computer not working after the OS is loaded, another is the keyboard not loading even before any OS loading.

I would guess, without being certain, that probably you just have an hardware malfunction. It may be coincidence that happened after the virus, it may not be. I guess you don't have bootable CD or floppy to allow you to boot the computer into another OS, do you? If you have a portable you can download a bootable floppy and then try formating the hard disk, though I have some doubts that you can fix the keyboard issue like that. Maybe you can try this to create a boot disk: http://www.bootdisk.com/

Of course, you need to have a CD OS later to install a new OS once the problem is solved.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  18:05:44  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
well, the computer noises start up and hitting keyboard keys make the noises stop till I stop hitting keys, then sometimes it types something, like I hit the leter f and it would write ghv. I don't have any bootable cd's or floppy's which i can boot the computer into adifferent os. I'll check the link you have. I have bootable cd but for the same OS so i wouldn't be going anywhere with it, would I?

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  18:08:56  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
You can try and use that CD, since you can specify a disk format when installing a new OS.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07