Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 help with novarg virus infected computer
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  18:58:34  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
well I'll be darned, I tried that, asked for product key, and it still wont let me type it in!

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  19:06:22  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
well, I am now posting from the "infected" computer, and found the keyboard that the computer came with, this will be the 4th keyboard I try and well this one works, all the others wont work. I am still wonmdering if it'll work later. Still think it's a hardware issue?

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  19:10:09  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
What's the difference between that keyboard and the other ones?

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  19:15:13  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
none really, this one was just shipped witht he computer, all of them pluuged into the ps2, this one is ps2 some of the others also could also be plugged into the USB ports.
I tried all plugging into the ps2 port and none worked till this one did.

coaster crazy

Edited by - weeweeslap on 05 February 2004 19:16:29
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  19:37:54  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Well that is weird. I don't see why some keyboards would work and some wouldn't, specially on the computer boot phase. Anyway, how are you going to proceed? Is the computer working as expected? Have you removed he virus completely?

Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  19:50:33  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
It is working as expected right now, I have rebooted to see if it works as it should and it does, the beeping noise is gone as well. I have no idea what it could be. the virus was removed complately since I found out it was there, the effects of it remained thus leaving my other keyboards paralized with a beeping sound at times. I don't know what caused it to become well all by itself since I did nothing to do so. Uhmmmm I really don't know whow to proceed. I would like to get my other keyboards to work as I use this computer a whole lot to do my school work, website work and what not. 95% of my typing is done here sooo I am still trying to see if I can get my other keyboards to work. What would you recommend or do in my case?

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  19:56:06  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Have you tried the other keyboards now? Do they still not work?

Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  20:14:10  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
yeah, just tried it again to see if anything and they all don't work, only the stock one works

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  20:37:58  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Have you tried them with the USB connection? If the OS is working properly now, they may work.

If the problem persists you may want to backup the relevant data and try formatting the PC and installing a new OS. As I wrote before, I'm not sure that it will fix, but then this is a situation I never faced before.

Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  20:44:18  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
I tried it with the USB connection with same result. I'll do a backup of my most important files, although I really wish I could back up some of the stuff that came with sony such as the gigapacket software and what not, I don't have installs for that and it is on the c drive, my other programs are on the d drive, would I have to format both or just c alone you think? Thanks for the ongoing help ruirib. Although II'll do the format tomorrow since in a few minutes I have to go to school, evening class, and then work which I wont be back till a about 5 hours later from now or so.

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  20:50:44  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
But is the keyboard recognized and does not work, when you try connecting them using a USB, or doesn't it even get recognized? In the latter case, you may try installing the keyboard drivers again.

Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  21:02:46  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
it gets recognized, lights flahs up, wiondows tells me it has recognized so and so software, keyboard drivers have been reinstalled and same results, I connected my webcam to see if the USB ports were faulty, but webcam worked without a flaw and so did the usb scanner I have.

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 06 February 2004 :  03:51:21  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Strange. Now it seems like the only decision is whether you should choose to format or not, risking losing the Sony apps you talked about. Maybe wait for a Sony contact that may give you the restore CD.

Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 06 February 2004 :  04:04:35  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
customer service told me to call parts and service, which I did, but then they told me to call technical help, which I then did, then I was told to go to customer service, and went in circles from there I;m going to try tomorrow some more, too late/early right now 1 am. I do say that my vid card is working better, gave me like 2k more points than before on the mad onion testing software LOL

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 06 February 2004 :  15:07:42  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
I went and bought another keyboard and this one works fine, using it right now, a cheap microsoft one too, $9.99 at circuit city. I grabbed my friends logitech keyboard installed it as instructed and that one didn't work. I am baffled now what it actually is. Tested the logitech one on my other working computer and worked fine there soooooooooo I am not sure if it's hardware problems or something else.

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07