MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Searching for a Super Moderator MOD
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ROB

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2004 :  12:05:12  Show Profile  Visit ROB's Homepage  Send ROB an AOL message  Send ROB an ICQ Message  Send ROB a Yahoo! Message
It seems like I've seen this before, but I can't seem to find it after searching both the active and archived topics.

I'm looking for a "Super Moderator" mod that will let me create someone who essentially has moderator rights across all forums, without the additional administrative rights.

Yes, I could grant them regular moderator permissions to every forum, but in reality, they will not responsible for moderating all those forums; just able to do so when the situation warrants immediate action. I don't want their name to show up as moderator for every forum.

This is pretty much like the admin can now moderate any forum, even though the admin isn't specifically assigned as the moderator.

They don't need to have access to lock users or change any of the settings via admin_home.asp

So was I dreaming, or does such an animal exist?

Jeff (ROB) Hester
BigBlueNetwork | BigBlueBall | Christian Church Today

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2004 :  12:27:43  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
AdminLevel MOD for Snitz 3.4.03

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

ROB

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2004 :  20:03:38  Show Profile  Visit ROB's Homepage  Send ROB an AOL message  Send ROB an ICQ Message  Send ROB a Yahoo! Message
I looked at that, but it is much more than what I wanted. I don't want to create administrators with a subset of capabilities; I want moderators with a supraset of capabilities.

Basically, I don't want them to be able to edit users or really anything special other than being able to moderate in any forum.

Jeff (ROB) Hester
BigBlueNetwork | BigBlueBall | Christian Church Today
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2004 :  20:13:38  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
I would say that's the best thing you'll find.
The easiest way to do it though would be simply making your desired "Super Moderators" moderators of all forums.

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

ROB

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2004 :  22:00:58  Show Profile  Visit ROB's Homepage  Send ROB an AOL message  Send ROB an ICQ Message  Send ROB a Yahoo! Message
Yeah, I know, but I didn't want their name to show up for every forum. I was hoping to incorporate something similar to how global moderators are implemented in Invision Power Board.

We're tweaking that mod to suit our purposes... just about done.
Go to Top of Page

adslonline
Starting Member

Netherlands
38 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2004 :  13:29:47  Show Profile  Visit adslonline's Homepage
Does AdminLevel mod also work with 3.4.04?

www.adslforum.nl
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2004 :  07:27:16  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
It should work with v3.4.04, though since the instructions are for v3.4.03 the line numbers in the installation instructions may be way off.

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07