MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Resources Mod v2003 - Need Help/Input
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brent Trevel

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2003 :  15:55:23  Show Profile  Visit Brent Trevel's Homepage
Hello,

I have been quietly working on some major re-designs and improvements to the Resources mod of o-so-long-ago... I was planning on releasing it this weekend but before I do I would like to have some experienced ASP coders take a quick look at the code.

To perk some interest in the project here is a list of the improvements:

• NEW "Site Links" link type: Now you can use this mod to drive navigation throughout your entire site, these links are displayed without the "stats" or the rating options (the new MDB file inserts cats & links for various Forum pages as an example)

• Navigation Persistence: The navigation bar can now be inserted into your "inc_header.inc" and maintain navigation throughout the site or the forums with simple modifcations to the forum code

• Integrations: This is by far my favorite feature... You can now integrate the links with your Download MOD, Article MOD, Shopping Cart etc. By a very simple process... Simply editing the redirect.asp page to point to your MOD (for the specific linktype) and then make the URL the item ID number!

• Improved Display: Link display is now coded to improve database calls and simplify editing based on the link type.

• Adding Links Page: Different forms based on the type of link being submitted with new field descriptions and explanations

• Whats New Page: Eliminated "Validate.asp" page and made the Whats New page display unvalidated links first for Admins and Mods only... Also added a drop down select box to show only certain types of new resources...

Things I am still working on...
- Paging the display page (I don't need it, but others might)
- Testing for BUGS (uugh) & Code Improvements
- the edit link page (applying all mods from the adding page)
- a conversion script (a few major changes to the DB format)
- the code to create a "drop down select box" for selecting the Items (Downloads, Articles or Products, etc.)
- maybe some other things I wrote down but don't have in front of me so I forgot...

If there is anyone interested please reply or e-mail me and I will send you the code in a zip file. If there is enough interest I will release the code on sunday.

Here's to Snitz and Site Intergration!

Sincerely,

Brett Levert,
Combat Intelligence
www.combatintelligence.com

Edited by - Brent Trevel on 18 October 2003 01:41:28

puzo

Israel
417 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2003 :  11:35:13  Show Profile  Visit puzo's Homepage
good luck, although i don't need it, good luck from me.

Go to Top of Page

serritzlev

Denmark
291 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2003 :  14:13:13  Show Profile  Visit serritzlev's Homepage
Hi Brent Trevel i am intrest to test this new mod i have send a email to you.

Go to Top of Page

Brent Trevel

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2003 :  20:01:10  Show Profile  Visit Brent Trevel's Homepage
Sent a reply with the code... It's almost done, but still hard-wired for my own site.

Depending on the response after I release it and how many people want the new code, then I will probably make it much easier to customize and variable-ize the code. More work... Meh

Let me know what you think please. And any questions please let me know.

Sincerely,

Brett Levert,
Combat Intelligence
Go to Top of Page

jeffery

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2003 :  16:10:41  Show Profile
Id be willig to test this Brent. Sending you an email now.

www.thomasforum.com
Go to Top of Page

Brent Trevel

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2003 :  20:15:30  Show Profile  Visit Brent Trevel's Homepage
Sent the code.

Thanks

Sincerely,

Brett Levert,
Combat Intelligence
Go to Top of Page

MarcelG
Retired Support Moderator

Netherlands
2625 Posts

Posted - 28 October 2003 :  01:38:50  Show Profile  Visit MarcelG's Homepage
Brent, I am also very interested. Do you reckon this can be used with the crashcode I am running at http://portal.opzolder.net ?
I hated the way articles were presented, so I created my own news/articles/weblogs, using plain topics. Maybe this can extend the functionality once again.

Oh, before I forget ; is there a demo site available ?

portfolio - linkshrinker - oxle - twitter
Go to Top of Page

vittorio
Starting Member

Italy
20 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2004 :  18:47:00  Show Profile
Hi Brent Trevel i am interested to test this new mod i have send a email to you.
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

vittorio
Starting Member

Italy
20 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2004 :  21:37:26  Show Profile
Hi Brett....NEWS????
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07