New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

ace6vel

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  19:52:10  Show Profile  Visit ace6vel's Homepage  Send ace6vel an AOL message  Send ace6vel a Yahoo! Message
can you make something like upgrade package becouse doing all of the stuff again is a little hard :?

Eminem is the best!!!
Go to Top of Page

kc539

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  19:56:14  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ace6vel

can you make something like upgrade package becouse doing all of the stuff again is a little hard :?

I agree you should put a upgrade package.
Go to Top of Page

sr_erick

USA
1318 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  20:12:54  Show Profile  Visit sr_erick's Homepage  Send sr_erick a Yahoo! Message
What's to upgrade? If you have a basic forum, just remove the current files and replace them with these. If you have 3.3.03 with mods and don't want to re-install, don't do it. Just upload the those couple of new files that are changed. Not that hard to do. The snitz dev team should not be responsible for any mods you have installed, and any type of upgrade would not work.

Erick
Snowmobile Fanatics

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  20:13:44  Show Profile
there will not be an upgrade package. As I said, ALL of the files have been updated.
Go to Top of Page

ace6vel

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  21:01:56  Show Profile  Visit ace6vel's Homepage  Send ace6vel an AOL message  Send ace6vel a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by sr_erick

What's to upgrade? If you have a basic forum, just remove the current files and replace them with these. If you have 3.3.03 with mods and don't want to re-install, don't do it. Just upload the those couple of new files that are changed. Not that hard to do. The snitz dev team should not be responsible for any mods you have installed, and any type of upgrade would not work.

what files can u wirte them or something so i can change them :)

Eminem is the best!!!
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  21:20:01  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
ace6vel,

try reading Richards post directly above yours
Go to Top of Page

ace6vel

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  21:25:27  Show Profile  Visit ace6vel's Homepage  Send ace6vel an AOL message  Send ace6vel a Yahoo! Message
i know i read it :) so there is no way to keep my old forum :P

Eminem is the best!!!
Go to Top of Page

Ryan
Average Member

USA
858 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  22:04:14  Show Profile  Visit Ryan's Homepage
If you have patched the forum with the security fixes and your forum is highly modded I see no reason why you need to upgrade. My advice to you, ace6vel, (as well as what I think others are saying) is start over or leave it as it is. Personally my heavily modded forum will stay how it is for now.

The Poultry Link - "Serving the best of the fancy with the best of the web"
Forum Setup Help
Go to Top of Page

Ryan
Average Member

USA
858 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  22:09:22  Show Profile  Visit Ryan's Homepage
Looking at your forum it doesnt look like it would be a huge pain to switch to the newer version of snitz if you really want to.
http://e.1asphost.com/aleksandarforum/forum/
Of course you may be speaking of a different forum.

The Poultry Link - "Serving the best of the fancy with the best of the web"
Forum Setup Help
Go to Top of Page

ace6vel

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  22:31:38  Show Profile  Visit ace6vel's Homepage  Send ace6vel an AOL message  Send ace6vel a Yahoo! Message
no that is the forum but as laser know how long did i make that forum trust me it is a hard thing to switch :)

Eminem is the best!!!
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  22:47:53  Show Profile
Please do not continue this discussion in this topic. Start a new topic for stuff like this.
Go to Top of Page

kwhipp

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2004 :  02:12:58  Show Profile  Visit kwhipp's Homepage  Send kwhipp an AOL message  Send kwhipp an ICQ Message  Send kwhipp a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Davio

Their are no new database tables or fields in the 3.4.04 version.

Thank you Davio That is just what I wanted to hear.

- Kevin
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 05 January 2004 :  19:40:47  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
Thanks to the Dev Team!

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2004 :  10:54:32  Show Profile
Thanks to all involved for this new version; look forward to hacking around it next time I need a forum for a website. Would love to upgrade my own forums, if only I could find the time or remember all the tweks I made ... Anyhoo, cheers again and here's to the continued development of this wonderful product.

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2004 :  14:21:58  Show Profile
If only I could've gotten to http://forum.snitz.com/ earlier... Now I'll have to redo the changes I'd made to the forums I uploaded for a friend yesterday evening Oh well, better now than in a month when we've gotten busy making changes
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07