New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 02 January 2004 :  18:39:13  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
Just wondering why the new snitz log wasn't in the zip rather the older one?

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 02 January 2004 :  18:45:00  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
And perhaps the .psd version of the powered by logo should be included too, because it would be good if we could change the colours.

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 02 January 2004 :  18:45:11  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by weeweeslap

Just wondering why the new snitz log wasn't in the zip rather the older one?
? I'm guessing you meant logo ? The new logo, per Mike (reinsnitz), will be included in v4.xx, not v3.xx.
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 02 January 2004 :  18:51:05  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Faizan

And perhaps the .psd version of the powered by logo should be included too, because it would be good if we could change the colours.
see here: http://forum.snitz.com/archive/default.asp?catid=9&cattitle=Logos
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 02 January 2004 :  19:02:37  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
oh ok, thanks and yes I meant logo

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

kwhipp

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  02:12:26  Show Profile  Visit kwhipp's Homepage  Send kwhipp an AOL message  Send kwhipp an ICQ Message  Send kwhipp a Yahoo! Message
Thanks to all.

- Kevin
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  05:27:38  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
OK - The inevitable question:

If one has kept up-to-date on all the fixes posted here, as I have [all but the sticky/archive fix, because I never could figure out how to do it with the top-sticky mod installed], is there some semi-easy way to add the new fixes & features without redoing the whole shebang? Though I prefer to have the latest fruit of your labors, I have modded so heavily it would require a major investment to start from scratch again. I did that once, from 3.3 ----> 3.4 ... but there were more significant changes at that time.

Anyway, just asking ...

Thanks all for your continued excellence here at Snitz!
Go to Top of Page

mrforum
Starting Member

Netherlands
25 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  06:04:06  Show Profile
I assume this is so but I haven't seen this explicitly stated:

I assume the databases of v3.4.03 and v3.4.04 are identical? (with the reminder to back up before using 04 on your 03 database)

Kind regards,

MrForum

Edited by - mrforum on 03 January 2004 06:04:27
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  06:25:14  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by richfed

OK - The inevitable question:

If one has kept up-to-date on all the fixes posted here, as I have [all but the sticky/archive fix, because I never could figure out how to do it with the top-sticky mod installed], is there some semi-easy way to add the new fixes & features without redoing the whole shebang? Though I prefer to have the latest fruit of your labors, I have modded so heavily it would require a major investment to start from scratch again. I did that once, from 3.3 ----> 3.4 ... but there were more significant changes at that time.

Anyway, just asking ...

Thanks all for your continued excellence here at Snitz!

download a copy of Beyond Compare by scooter software, and do a comparison to work out the changes, shouldn't take more than a couple of hours even with a heavily modded forum.
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  07:44:33  Show Profile
Read gelliott's post - this has already been done and downloadable from www.snitzbitz.com
Go to Top of Page

h1dd3n

92 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  11:33:38  Show Profile
when will 4.xx be comming out to the public? if its comming out soon then id might as well wait before I upgrade my forums
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  11:38:18  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
that depends what you mean by soon , it will be coming, that is all I will say.

please also try to keep posts on topic.
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  13:48:07  Show Profile
I would suggest if you have a heavily modded forum with all the bug fixes, then you don't need to upgrade. I would only upgrade a heavily modded forum if it was a major release. Like 3.xx to 4.xx. Upgrading a heavily modded forum from 3.4.03 to 3.4.04 is not worth it. Unless you have a lot of free time on your hands and have nothing better to do.

If your forum is lightly modified (or not modified at all) with 1 or 2 mods, then I would recommend that you upgrade.

Their are no new database tables or fields in the 3.4.04 version.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

TestMagic

USA
1568 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  15:56:14  Show Profile  Visit TestMagic's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Davio

"Just want to say thanks to Richard and the other admins and developers for all their hard work. I know there's a lot of small details to attend to."

Sorry Davio, didn't mean to leave anybody out.

Thanks to the moderators, too! They help free up some time for the other developers to work on the code.

Snitz rocks! · Search 2
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  16:44:05  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Great job, everyone in the dev-team.

My forum is heavily modded (30+ mods), and I used gelliot's files to add the fix for last post link when moving topics (post_info.asp only). Besides that, I just added the new files (admin_members.asp and admin_member_search.asp) and updated admin_home.asp with links to those two.

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07