Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

jackstraw
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2004 :  21:44:19  Show Profile  Visit jackstraw's Homepage
hmm..I think I have everything edited correctly but when I go to the mod setup and click on update advert rotator mod It just sits there and then locks up the page...???says service unavailable

I am not sure I decifered an actual fix for this,, I downloaded it today...all permissions are read and write.

Thanks much
Nigel
Go to Top of Page

jackstraw
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2004 :  22:20:16  Show Profile  Visit jackstraw's Homepage
sorry I should probably add the site is here...

www.thegraphicdesignresource.com

login stuff is admin and the pass is cantfail

for some reason I am unable to click any question marks next to stuff in admin panel anymore either?????
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 25 March 2004 :  04:23:03  Show Profile
Did your other mods install ok? have you tried cutting'n'pasting the dbs code into alternative mod detup?

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

jackstraw
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 25 March 2004 :  12:23:41  Show Profile  Visit jackstraw's Homepage
Well, it took me a while to get some stuff to work but all of it installed ok at least. I havent had to insert code for alternate db setup.. I will give it a try. thanks..I dont know asp so Its been a little vexing...I have been trying to finish it for 3 weeks..lol...

Nigel
Go to Top of Page

jackstraw
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 25 March 2004 :  12:30:26  Show Profile  Visit jackstraw's Homepage
ok, I opened dbs for advert and pasted the code in alternate setup window and it did the exact same thing...just locked up my page.... This morning I am able to see avert addition in admin panel but thats it... login info is the same, no need for registration... I dont think I have server issues, I have a good webhost, access, sql, streaming media, what have you...

thanks
Nigel
Go to Top of Page

n8pbm

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 08 April 2004 :  18:24:57  Show Profile  Visit n8pbm's Homepage
I tried this mod today and ran into some issues. First I also had a problem with the mod setup. My browser froze. So I did the alternate setup and everything went fine until I got to the insert part. I had to manually add those variables.

Now the configuration in admin panel. The upload path I put /forum/uploaded/ and tried to upload an ad. I got the error message below:
Server.MapPath() error 'ASP 0174 : 80004005'

Invalid Path Character(s)

/forum/inc_func_advert.asp, line 123

An invalid '/' or '\' was found in the Path parameter for the MapPath method

However it did upload the image and add the info into the table. Now I have the include file in my header but only get a blank screen.

Mike

Mike
Great Lakes Pop Up Club Camping
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 08 April 2004 :  20:39:38  Show Profile
Seems strange with the browser freezing, i've had it happen to me also on several mods.

You need to add an empty file called ad_schedule.txt to your upload folder, sorry I forgot all about that in the instructions! Also change your path to /forum/uploaded although I don't think it will matter once you put the ad_schedule.txt file there

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

n8pbm

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 08 April 2004 :  21:52:01  Show Profile  Visit n8pbm's Homepage
Ahh - the ad_schedule.txt was the key. I also removed the leading /. Everything works now.

Thanks

Mike
Great Lakes Pop Up Club Camping
Go to Top of Page

ssoltz
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 29 April 2004 :  08:48:51  Show Profile
Hello,

I'm pretty new to this Snitz thing and I must admit upfront that I know NOTHING about ASP. My client does need a banner rotator on his forum, though, so I want to implement this MOD. It looks perfect for our needs.

I wasn't having any success at all with this. I was getting the 'Timeout' thingy that many have gotten here, you know:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/forum/admin_mod_dbsetup.asp....blah, blah, blah

I tried putting a new value for the Server.ScriptTimeout but all it did was lengthen the time it took to generate this error.

I contacted my ISP and he got the Advert Configuration in the Admin options part to work. He said I needed R/W permissions in the uploaded folder (which in my case is /forum3/banners). Anyways, so it is accepting ads.

Do I need any other R/W permissions? I believe the guy at the ISP said that I already have permissions in the database (which I believe is on a seperate server).

I also have no idea where to put my includes. I am guessing that I can put it anywhere in the code. I was thinking of putting it in the header.asp file but nothing seems to be showing up in the code no matter where I include it. I do understand that it needs to be outside of the <%%>. This all may be a moot point because I am supposing the dbs_adrotator.asp didn't run fully anyways.

Any help for an ignorant newbie would be helpful.

By the way, I am using 3.4.03. I'm not sure if this is a problem or not. I would upgrade to 3.4.04, but I'm scared of screwing something up. At least the thing works, presently.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Soltz
http://www.dockdogs.com/forum3/

Steve Soltz
SSK Creatives
Go to Top of Page

ping
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 02 July 2004 :  18:55:36  Show Profile
A error displayed.
when i view the Adverts.asp web,it display below that

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cc1'
Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.
v11/Adverts.asp, line 48
Go to Top of Page

Red01Z06
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2004 :  14:02:16  Show Profile
I am getting this error:
Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03ea'

Syntax error

/forum/inc_func_advert.asp, line 2

Sub AdvertDetails(byval AdvertID, byref Company, byref About, byref Url, byref ImagePath, byref Freq)
^

Any Ideas?
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2004 :  07:03:27  Show Profile
What version of ASP are you running? And what OS is the server?

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

Red01Z06
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2004 :  17:55:14  Show Profile
Windows Server 2003.
Go to Top of Page

gazraa
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 14 July 2004 :  18:15:58  Show Profile  Visit gazraa's Homepage
just a quick thought
some of the ads i want to use have the image hosted elsewhere, is there a mod to this mod that will allow an image url to be used.

apologies if this has been covered i scanned through this thread, but it's getting late and i'm about to fall asleep :)

Have you spoken down the porcelain telephone lately? - http://www.toilethugger.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

gazraa
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 17 July 2004 :  12:10:01  Show Profile  Visit gazraa's Homepage
can anyone help with this tweak?
i've got several affiliate banners lined up and waiting to be used, but need a bit of a hand modifying the code to accept a URL or a file.

Anyone?

Free links to your site if you can help :)

Have you spoken down the porcelain telephone lately? - http://www.toilethugger.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07