Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2004 :  15:14:15  Show Profile
JohnHappy3,

I have found if I change line 85 in admin_config_advert.asp from:
quote:
Originally posted by johnhappy3
Response.Write " <form action=""admin_config_cms.asp"" method=""post"" id=""Form1"" name=""Form1"">" & vbNewLine & _
to this:

Response.Write " <form action=""admin_config_advert.asp"" method=""post"" id=""Form1"" name=""Form1"">" & vbNewLine & _

it works fine. Give it a shot.

Cheers,

David Greening
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2004 :  15:52:34  Show Profile
Thanks David, that fix is correct, forget the references to any cms files John, they are not needed.

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2004 :  11:39:38  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
Just downloaded this, I get a timeout when trying to run the dbs-file. Even tried to run it directly on the server with the same result. IIS is set to 900sec timeout so that shouldn't be the problem I think. The change with IMAGE to IMAGE_URL is fixed in the latest dbs-file I suppose, because it's called IMAGEPATH there?

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2004 :  11:54:11  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
Seems like all fields are created anyways. But I get an error when trying the admin_advert_home.asp:

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0400'

Expected statement

inc_func_advert.asp, line 127

With oFile

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2004 :  12:10:49  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
I'm getting an error on admin_advert.asp too:

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0401'

Expected end of statement

clsField.asp, line 111

Public Property Get BLOB()
----------------^

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2004 :  12:27:36  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
Sorry, it's my host... They're running apache with Sun One ASP and that's not working very well. Tried this on my own IIS-server and everything's ok.

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -

Edited by - tribaliztic on 03 February 2004 12:47:56
Go to Top of Page

johnhappy3
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2004 :  02:24:31  Show Profile  Visit johnhappy3's Homepage
Thanks for your help, folks. I have a couple more questions ... Regarding the database setup, I wanted to confirm that the Advert tables were setup correctly within my MS SQL Server 7. I see two obvious tables within my forum database. One is called Forum_Advert and has 6 field (column) names. The other is Forum_Advert_Hit which has 4 field names. Having seen the two tables I'm pretty sure that the db setup went without a hitch, but I'd like a confirmation. Does the Advert db setup create any other tables?

I haven't set up any ads yet and decided to re-run the database setup. Following are my results:

Dropping Table..

Table dropped succesfully
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dropping Table..

Table dropped succesfully
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_ADVERT( ADVERT_ID int IDENTITY (1, 1) PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL , COMPANY nvarchar(50) NULL , TITLE nvarchar(255) NULL , URL nvarchar(255) NULL , IMAGEPATH nvarchar(50) NULL , FREQ int NULL )
Table created succesfully

Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_ADVERT_HIT( ADVERT_HIT_ID int IDENTITY (1, 1) PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL , ADVERT_ID int NULL , MEMBER_ID int NULL , HITDATE nvarchar(14) NULL )
Table created succesfully

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/forum/admin_mod_dbsetup.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

Question 2 ... I've read the readme file and it appears that I've installed the files and the code correctly. Is there something published about what to enter on the Advert configuration pages. Some entries are obvious but others don't seem so obvious to me. Is there some kind of help file?

John Happy, Spokane, WA
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2004 :  04:09:21  Show Profile
Yes, there are just two tables.
What fields do you need help on?

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

johnhappy3
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2004 :  21:59:15  Show Profile  Visit johnhappy3's Homepage
Fields I need help on:

On the Config page it asked for an upload path. Is this path pointing to a folder or a particular image file? What format should the path be in ... a URL?

The width and height settings ... do these represent the width and height of a particular advert image or all advert images to be handled by the advert rotator?

Frequency: Does putting an integer in this textbox give you the number of times it displays in a certain period of time. Please give me a few examples of commonly used integers.

I'm getting the error message you responded to in an earlier posting. The error message is:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a004c'

Path not found

/forum/inc_func_advert.asp, line 126

I read your response to the posting about this messages, which was:

"Did you set the upload path in the config page?"

I set an upload path in the config page but am not sure what the right path is supposed to be -- The path to the folder where the advert images are, the path to a particular image... ???? Is this path a URL?

John Happy, Spokane, WA
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2004 :  04:49:09  Show Profile
1. A folder eg /uploads/ will point to www.yoursite.com/uploads
2. All adverts.
3. Generally you want the same for all images so put the same number in here all the time, for more info look www.nedcomp.nl/support/origdocs/iishelp/iis/htm/asp/comp6okl.htm" target="_blank">here, they call it impressions rather than frequency.

Answer 1 will fix your bug if you set it correctly, the folder also needs write permissions for the Internet User account.

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2004 :  16:20:21  Show Profile
Fixed that form action bug for v1.2 and uploaded

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2004 :  04:22:46  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
Seems like inc_func_advert.asp is missing from the latest zip?

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2004 :  17:34:45  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by tribaliztic

Seems like inc_func_advert.asp is missing from the latest zip?

fixed

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 25 February 2004 :  04:11:27  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
I already had the file from the earlier zip so that's ok =) But I still get timeout when running the dbs-file, really strange.

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

wavp
Starting Member

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2004 :  18:14:21  Show Profile  Visit wavp's Homepage
I am trying to add a new ad, but I get this:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'

Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ')'.

/inc_func_advert.asp, line 48

What is going wrong?

Wilhelm
netobjectsforum.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07