Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Willieg
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2004 :  09:04:55  Show Profile  Visit Willieg's Homepage  Send Willieg an ICQ Message
Check out this new Weather mod I did. You can download it from http://www.3realm.com/realmdownload.asp?DownloadID=8
It allows your members and guests to check their weather from your sitenews page.

Go here to see it in action at my site!
http://www.3realm.com/forum/sitenews.asp

Fuzion

162 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  13:28:19  Show Profile
sheesh, over 192 page views and no one has complimented you on this mod. Its been very useful to me and I thank you for all the work youve put into developing it... Also would like to thank you for sharing it with us. Keep up the good work
Go to Top of Page

tomasalsbro
Average Member

Sweden
818 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  14:17:28  Show Profile  Visit tomasalsbro's Homepage
Well Willieg,

It look very nice, but In Europe and many other areas of the globe we use Celsius and not Farenheit. Is there any chance that you could let visitors make a selection between F and C?

Tomas

!-Keep distance in traffic-!
www.whiplashinfo.se
Go to Top of Page

Jag24

182 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  15:37:17  Show Profile  Visit Jag24's Homepage  Send Jag24 an ICQ Message
IT did not work for me...City/Zip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Center the pageSearch Results for 30214
Search Results for "30214"

No cities were found that match '30214'.
Please enter a new city, state, country or zip code, or browse all weather locations. Script by 3RD Realm Enterprises
& I live in Atlanta
Go to Top of Page

Willieg
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  17:08:27  Show Profile  Visit Willieg's Homepage  Send Willieg an ICQ Message
I just tried that zipcode at my site and it worked. 30214

RealmMaster
Go to Top of Page

Willieg
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  17:31:14  Show Profile  Visit Willieg's Homepage  Send Willieg an ICQ Message
Thanks tomasalsbro for reminding me,
Ok people here is the updated mod for Europe and many other areas of the globe who use Celsius. I was working on a Celsius mod but had problems getting it to work but it does now. It was added to the zip file here:
http://www.3realm.com/realmdownload.asp?DownloadID=9
Go to Top of Page

Jag24

182 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  20:51:37  Show Profile  Visit Jag24's Homepage  Send Jag24 an ICQ Message
Yes I tried it again.....works now.
Go to Top of Page

PeeWee.Inc

United Kingdom
1893 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  21:29:52  Show Profile  Visit PeeWee.Inc's Homepage
I cant get lu55as or lu5 5as from the UK to work

De Priofundus Calmo Ad Te Damine
Go to Top of Page

sr_erick

USA
1318 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2004 :  00:45:49  Show Profile  Visit sr_erick's Homepage  Send sr_erick a Yahoo! Message
Nice mod, I like it! From what webstie are you gathering the weather information?

Erick
Snowmobile Fanatics

Edited by - sr_erick on 20 May 2004 00:46:10
Go to Top of Page

Willieg
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2004 :  17:54:08  Show Profile  Visit Willieg's Homepage  Send Willieg an ICQ Message
sr_erick
The mod pulls the weather from http://weather.lycos.com
Go to Top of Page

Willieg
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2004 :  17:56:53  Show Profile  Visit Willieg's Homepage  Send Willieg an ICQ Message
Sorry PeeWee.Inc
I have tried it at the site where the data is pulled from also and it did not work. Maybe they don't support it or there is something more needed?

Edited by - Willieg on 20 May 2004 17:57:39
Go to Top of Page

Willieg
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2004 :  18:01:04  Show Profile  Visit Willieg's Homepage  Send Willieg an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by Willieg

Sorry PeeWee.Inc
I have tried it at the site where the data is pulled from also and it did not work. Maybe they don't support it or there is something more needed?

Look here http://weather.lycos.com/weather/browse.asp it is all the places they support.
Go to Top of Page

dpmcalister

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2004 :  03:31:14  Show Profile  Visit dpmcalister's Homepage
It's weird. Obviously doesn't like UK post codes. However, my village name works. Thanks for the MOD, will have to introduce it on my club website
Go to Top of Page

Willieg
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2004 :  15:00:18  Show Profile  Visit Willieg's Homepage  Send Willieg an ICQ Message
You are Welcome dpmcalister
Go to Top of Page

DJSOUNDS
Starting Member

33 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2004 :  19:37:58  Show Profile  Visit DJSOUNDS's Homepage
Willieg or anyone. I'm getting this error on my test forum installation and was wondering if anyone has seen this or knows what the problem is.

Please note that I don't have the "Site News" MOD installed so I'm adding the <!--#include file="inc_Weatherban.asp" --> include in the default.asp right above the "Writefooter" insert.

msxml3.dll error '800c0005'

The system cannot locate the resource specified.

Is says it's in the weather.asp, line 62.

I've made no changed to the weather.asp file so you can look at the original in the zip file.

I think this is a great MOD and I would really like to use it on my forum.

Thanks in Advance for any help.
Go to Top of Page

Willieg
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2004 :  03:27:40  Show Profile  Visit Willieg's Homepage  Send Willieg an ICQ Message
I have added a CSS sheet to control the fonts. You can now change the color or style to fit your site. Just download the mod from
http://www.3realm.com/realmdownload.asp?DownloadID=9
to receive the updated files.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07