Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help Groups for Snitz Forums 2000 Users
 Help: MOD Implementation
 inc_iconfiles.asp doesn't seem to work right...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  01:38:47  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
I edited my POLL Buttons, and got a new size for 3 of them. I edited my inc_iconfiles.asp file to edit the sizes of the buttons, here is what it is right now:

Const strViewComments = "view_comments.gif|94|20"
Const strViewResults = "view_results.gif|94|20"
Const strVoteNow = "vote_now.gif|94|20"
Const strIconPoll = "icon_poll.gif|15|15"

And here is a Test Poll.

My problem is that the images still appear to have the same old (default) size on the actual polls. Is there anything wrong with what I am doing??

»Snitz Graphics

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  01:41:46  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Try a refresh first and if that doesn't do it then empty your cash adn restart your browser. I was having the same problem when I was doing mine.
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  01:46:06  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
I emtiped my cache and restarted brower, still no luck.. All the POLLs show the same size..

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

sam_i_am003

50 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  01:49:07  Show Profile
it looks like me and u are having similar problems. im anxious to find a fix, although i haven't gone as far as editing any file. Good luck on yours.
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  01:50:00  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
My next guess would be to check the poll.asp and the inc_poll.asp to see if the image sizes are hard coded in. I can't think of any thing else right now I am barely running with the help of a pot of coffee!
Go to Top of Page

guessme
Banned User

393 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  01:52:37  Show Profile  Visit guessme's Homepage
Recheck to make sure you had saved your changes before you uplaoded them. This sounds stupid but i have done it before. Did you use larger size icons also?

Edited by - guessme on 23 November 2003 01:54:41
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  11:38:44  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
Ofcourse I did use larger size icons, thats why I need to change the size in the code.
Rebel, I will try your fix tonight.

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  12:26:38  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
Rebel, there isn't a file called poll.asp, that would be topic.asp.
Anyway, I had a look through topic.asp, there is no specific size in there, but in inc_poll, there was. So I edited it, but it still looks the same in the test poll.
I guess inc_poll is for featured poll, in the places like portal.

Thanks for the fixes Rebel..

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  15:06:06  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by Faizan

Rebel, there isn't a file called poll.asp, that would be topic.asp.
Anyway, I had a look through topic.asp, there is no specific size in there, but in inc_poll, there was. So I edited it, but it still looks the same in the test poll.
I guess inc_poll is for featured poll, in the places like portal.

Thanks for the fixes Rebel..

The inc_poll also throws the poll up on the default.asp if you choose that option.
Dang Faizan, I am at a loss on where to go next. I will look around in my files and see I can find anything.
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  16:10:58  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
It's ok, I am also looking around topic.asp again, it might be there.

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  16:44:46  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
Finally... I fixed it! It was in topic.asp, and when I checked it before, it was like 4am, and I was too sleepy to actually see it. LOL Anyway.. it appears alright now.

Thanks for your help..

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07