F.A.Q. mod
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

guessme
Banned User

393 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  00:54:57  Show Profile  Visit guessme's Homepage
Just added - here's what it says it does. I need the edit and delete function.

DESCRIPTION:
Allows you to add/edit/delete additional F.A.Q. Questions to your faq.asp of your Snitz Forums.

This is what i have.

F.A.Q. Administration | Submit New F.A.Q. Question | View F.A.Q. Page

This is also there underneath the text above. "No Custom F.A.Q. found". What does this mean? It shows when clicking on "F.A.Q. Administration" in "Administrative Functions" or clicking on it in the "admin_faq.asp" page.

Edited by - guessme on 23 November 2003 01:01:03

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  01:00:27  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
No custom just means you haven't added any questions yet. Click on the administration link and then on add new question.

Just add your questions via the submit new question link

Edited by - RebelTech on 23 November 2003 01:03:12
Go to Top of Page

guessme
Banned User

393 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  01:02:02  Show Profile  Visit guessme's Homepage
How do i edit and delete them?

Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  01:06:47  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Once you add some questions they will appear in a list when you go into the admin faq section. Each will have an edit and delete button. This does not let you modify or remove the original questions. It only allows you to add and edit your own to the FAQ. I started each one of my new questions off with ** to make it stand out a little more from the originals.
Go to Top of Page

guessme
Banned User

393 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  01:09:02  Show Profile  Visit guessme's Homepage
That sucks! Can i make edits and deletes from the faq.asp file on the original ones?

Edited by - guessme on 23 November 2003 01:09:46
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  01:16:54  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Sure there is no reason that you can't open the faq in a text editor and have a party. In fact, you could remove all the original questions and just administer your custom ones. But, the originals do answer quite a few questions. Just make sure not to drop any of the includes in the original.
Go to Top of Page

guessme
Banned User

393 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  01:22:54  Show Profile  Visit guessme's Homepage
And an includes is what?

Edited by - guessme on 23 November 2003 01:23:20
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  01:27:53  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
An "include" is nothing more than a call or instruction to include another file. The ones at the top of the faq.asp look like this:
%>
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="config.asp"-->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_sha256.asp"-->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_header.asp" -->
<%

I didn't see any others in the faq.asp.
Go to Top of Page

guessme
Banned User

393 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  01:41:49  Show Profile  Visit guessme's Homepage
Cool thanks alot.

Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  01:52:19  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
No problem. I hope you get it fixed up. I was going to completely redo the faq.asp but I could not decide which questions to drop. So I just added my own to it with plans to really mess it up later.
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  10:49:15  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
Just a note, a new version of the F.A.Q. MOD is coming very soon, and one of the new features is you can enable/disable (but not edit) the original F.A.Q.
I'll post the MOD as soon as it's done.

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  14:50:53  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by OneWayMule

Just a note, a new version of the F.A.Q. MOD is coming very soon, and one of the new features is you can enable/disable (but not edit) the original F.A.Q.
I'll post the MOD as soon as it's done.

That sounds great! This is already a very helpful mod! Thanks O.W. Mule
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07