Help: MOD Implementation
 Bar background image???
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sam_i_am003

50 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  02:16:19  Show Profile
i had a background image as my top bars before, but my friend did it for me and is nowhere to be found. when i changed the font colors for the bars, it changed the bg image to a solid color. how do i get the bg back into the bar?

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  02:42:21  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Do a search in your default.asp for: bgcolor=""" & strHeadCellColor & """ and place this background=""headbg.gif"" inside the <td> with it.
Just make sure to use the name of your image instead of the headbg.gif
Go to Top of Page

sam_i_am003

50 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  03:12:19  Show Profile
hmmm, ok this is weird. it only put it as bg to the first cell in the first category bar. what did i do wrong? my line looks like this:

" <td align=""center"" bgcolor=""" & strHeadCellColor & """ background=""black.gif"" nowrap valign=""top""><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaul....... and so on

If you need to see it, this is the address of my forum.

http://65.174.230.76/internet/nexus/forum/default.asp

thanx for all your help you have already given me i appreciate it
Go to Top of Page

sam_i_am003

50 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  03:46:24  Show Profile
p.s. i only want the category bg to be the picture, but i want to leave the header a solid color. is this possible?
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  11:47:37  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
You do NOT need to edit default.asp!!

All you need to do is to go in your Font/Colour Configuration, and where it says "Category Background Colour", put in:
" background="catbg.gif"

Now, you need an image to be called catbg.gif, you can get some of those from the GRAPHICS link in my signature.

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  15:01:47  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by Faizan

You do NOT need to edit default.asp!!

All you need to do is to go in your Font/Colour Configuration, and where it says "Category Background Colour", put in:
" background="catbg.gif"

Now, you need an image to be called catbg.gif, you can get some of those from the GRAPHICS link in my signature.

I guess you have done this and it works. I never tried that because I assumed it would insert a statement something like this:

bgcolor="" background="catbg.gif""
which I didn't think would work.
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  15:05:04  Show Profile
I haven't tried it but I can't see why that wouldn't work. The only thing I suggest is to put the colour in aswell to cater for old browsers
eg
#3366CC" background="catbg.gif"

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  15:14:47  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by DavidRhodes

I haven't tried it but I can't see why that wouldn't work. The only thing I suggest is to put the colour in aswell to cater for old browsers
eg
#3366CC" background="catbg.gif"

Ok, I see it now. If you put the color in and the background statement then they get inputed and it actually looks like two different statements.
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  16:13:28  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
quote:
I guess you have done this and it works.

Yeah, I have always used this statement. Another way would be to install the MOD, I cant remember the exact name for it, but its something Header Background Image MOD, I don't exactly remember the name.

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

guessme
Banned User

393 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  16:55:02  Show Profile  Visit guessme's Homepage
This does not work. The text you have to put in is to long. Then whenever i get it short enough it just erases it.

Edited by - guessme on 23 November 2003 16:56:40
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  17:12:32  Show Profile
You can extend the size of the value field in the FORUM_CONFIG_NEW table to fix this

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  17:40:38  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by DavidRhodes

You can extend the size of the value field in the FORUM_CONFIG_NEW table to fix this

...in the file admin_config_colors.asp
And if you are on the basic snitz code, it will be around line # 231

<td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """><input type=""text"" name=""strHeadCellColor"" size=""10"" maxLength=""50"" value=""" & chkExist(strHeadCellColor) & """>" & vbNewLine & _

I think thats what you ned to edit, and also the category one:

<td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """><input type=""text"" name=""strCategoryCellColor"" size=""10"" maxLength=""50"" value=""" & chkExist(strCategoryCellColor) & """>" & vbNewLine & _

[I am not a programmer or anything, but I *think* thats what you need to edit.]

»Snitz Graphics

Edited by - Faizan on 23 November 2003 17:41:12
Go to Top of Page

sam_i_am003

50 Posts

Posted - 24 November 2003 :  08:12:08  Show Profile
well, i did it straight in default.asp. i just looked for "bgcolor=""" & strcategoryCellColor & """ " and added the bg tag afetr it. works great.

http://65.174.230.76/internet/nexus/forum/default.asp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07