Memberlist - username
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tinem

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2003 :  10:57:45  Show Profile  Send tinem an ICQ Message
Is there an easy way to see who is the owner of a username? I'm thinking about when you are going to make a forum allowed only for some members and here you only can see the username.

This account was hacked by that very honest guy, Image. Better take care with your personal data, if you register to his forums or he will hack into your account here, as well.

Rasco
Advanced Member

Germany
3192 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2003 :  11:01:58  Show Profile  Send Rasco an ICQ Message
You mean the showing of the real name of the user like entered in the profile or the IP?

German Snitz Forum
Go to Top of Page

tinem

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2003 :  12:03:14  Show Profile  Send tinem an ICQ Message
yes

This account was hacked by that very honest guy, Image. Better take care with your personal data, if you register to his forums or he will hack into your account here, as well.
Go to Top of Page

tinem

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2003 :  07:12:11  Show Profile  Send tinem an ICQ Message
I have found the solution myself I think. But here you only can see the e-mailaddress and not the name but it's better than nothing.

You can open a new browserwindow and then paste http://www.gaia-instituttet.dk/snitzDK/admin_emaillist.asp and here you can see the username and there e-mailadresses.

I have made the forum for a friend and I'm "admin" but it's the owner of the forum who is going to use this because she has to know who the username is before she give the person permission to a private forum. I have given here administrator rights so can she also get to the file called http://www.gaia-instituttet.dk/snitzDK/admin_emaillist.asp ?

Edited by - tinem on 14 November 2003 07:51:55
Go to Top of Page

tinem

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2003 :  06:58:02  Show Profile  Send tinem an ICQ Message
I really want to know how YOU are solving this problem?

A lot of forum owners have private forums. I can't be the only one with this problem?

Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2003 :  09:17:26  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
In most forums users do not register their real usernames. I manage my private forums using only the username, nothing else. If you are asking for code to do this, I will move this to the Mod W/O code forum.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

macho

Denmark
150 Posts

Posted - 20 November 2003 :  04:22:54  Show Profile
I found a solution to add "Real Name" as an extra column to admin_emaillist.asp. See my code her:
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=49347

Regards
Macho
Go to Top of Page

tinem

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 21 November 2003 :  02:50:19  Show Profile  Send tinem an ICQ Message
Thanks macho - this was exactly what I was looking for. Everything is now working the way I wanted it to.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07