Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Maikadal
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - 12 October 2003 :  12:09:46  Show Profile
OK, I have sucessfully installed the Events Calendar (Thanks guys!) And the Signup Mod. However, when I try to post an event, I get the following error:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14'

Number of query values and destination fields are not the same.

/desertchill/forum/post_info.asp, line 867

Line 867 or post_info.asp reads:

my_Conn.Execute (strSql),,adCmdText + adExecuteNoRecords

Is there something wrong with this? Also, I am getting another error from the signup mod when I link to admin_signup.asp (this is part of the signup mod for the calendar). The error is:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e10'

No value given for one or more required parameters.

/desertchill/forum/admin_signup.asp, line 49

Line 49 or admin_signup.asp reads:

set rsSQL = my_Conn.Execute (strSql)

Can anyone help me with these two errors? Thanks much.

Maikadal

Maikadal
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - 12 October 2003 :  22:03:01  Show Profile
Can someone please help me with these errors? It would be greatly appreciated, and my site really needs it. Thanks guys for being so helpful with my other issues!
Go to Top of Page

UGBC

143 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2003 :  04:12:08  Show Profile
before that line write
Response.Write(strSQL)
Response.End and comment out the line where you execute the sql by putting a ' before the line and paste a copy of the sql statement so we can figure out what's wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Rrok007

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2003 :  11:08:46  Show Profile  Send Rrok007 an AOL message  Send Rrok007 a Yahoo! Message
Maikadal, I'm not a programmer, in fact you can find all sorts of posts of me having to ask the nice people here at the MOD help forum for assistance, but from my experience, errors like what your getting have usually cropped up on me because I either hadn't completely changed the code as indicated in the MOD instructions, or because I had something out of order. You might want to go back through and re-check that you've made all the right changes, and that the changes you made follow the same order throughout all of your changes.

Believe disbelief and contemplate the simple.
Go to Top of Page

Maikadal
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2003 :  17:31:52  Show Profile
Hmm.... I'm not really sure what you mean, UGBC - where should I put response.write and what should I paste? Also, I'll try to look through and make sure I made the correct modifications - would modifications to a different file affect this at all?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

UGBC

143 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2003 :  18:56:51  Show Profile
ok, in post_info.asp scroll down to line 867
Change it to this

Response.Write (strSql)
Response.End
'my_Conn.Execute (strSql),,adCmdText + adExecuteNoRecords

And there should be some text that comes up onto the screen.

Probably something like
INSERT INTO FORUM_TOPICS etc.

Paste that here.
Go to Top of Page

Maikadal
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2003 :  21:50:39  Show Profile
OK I did what you asked and this is what is says:

INSERT INTO FORUM_TOPICS (FORUM_ID, CAT_ID, T_SUBJECT, T_MESSAGE, T_AUTHOR, T_LAST_POST, T_LAST_POST_AUTHOR, T_LAST_POST_REPLY_ID, T_DATE, T_STATUS, T_IP, T_STICKY, T_SIG, T_ARCHIVE_FLAG, T_REPLIES, T_UREPLIES, T_ISEVENT, T_LIST_INCLUDE) VALUES ..... (are these values safe to post on a public forum)

In addition, I can't post anything, its not just events. I think theres something wrong with the code - can you tell me whats happening?

Does that help you at all?

Thanks much.

Edited by - Maikadal on 13 October 2003 21:57:32
Go to Top of Page

UGBC

143 Posts

Posted - 14 October 2003 :  04:16:44  Show Profile
OK, you see all those attributes in the first parenthesis, they correspond to different columns in the FORUM_TOPICS table, the problem seems to be that there aren't the same number of values as their are attributes.

Check to see that you installed all the mods properly, there's probably 1 part missing, it's important that you post the values; just change the IP address, everything other than IP address should be safe.
Go to Top of Page

Maikadal
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - 14 October 2003 :  15:03:33  Show Profile
UGBC - is there a specific file that I need to change, or should I just go through and reinstall everything? Thanks once again.

Maikadal.

PS do you really need those values?
Go to Top of Page

Maikadal
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - 14 October 2003 :  17:49:17  Show Profile
Alright, here is the error I am getting, with the values:

INSERT INTO FORUM_TOPICS (FORUM_ID, CAT_ID, T_SUBJECT, T_MESSAGE, T_AUTHOR, T_LAST_POST, T_LAST_POST_AUTHOR, T_LAST_POST_REPLY_ID, T_DATE, T_STATUS, T_IP, T_STICKY, T_SIG, T_ARCHIVE_FLAG, T_REPLIES, T_UREPLIES, T_ISEVENT, T_LIST_INCLUDE) VALUES (6, 5, 'Test', 'Test', 1, '20031014121445', 1, 0 , '20031014121445', 1 , '(my IP address)', 0 , 0 , 1 , 0 , 0 ,0), 0

Does this tell you what is wrong? Thanks for your help.

Maikadal
Go to Top of Page

UGBC

143 Posts

Posted - 14 October 2003 :  19:09:18  Show Profile
Ok, here's your sql statement
INSERT INTO FORUM_TOPICS (FORUM_ID, CAT_ID, T_SUBJECT, T_MESSAGE, T_AUTHOR, T_LAST_POST, T_LAST_POST_AUTHOR, T_LAST_POST_REPLY_ID, T_DATE, T_STATUS, T_IP, T_STICKY, T_SIG, T_ARCHIVE_FLAG, T_REPLIES, T_UREPLIES, T_ISEVENT, T_LIST_INCLUDE) VALUES (6, 5, 'Test', 'Test', 1, '20031014121445', 1, 0 , '20031014121445', 1 , '(my IP address)', 0 , 0 , 1 , 0 , 0 ,0), 0

It should not say , 0 after the parenthesis, if you are familiar with asp look through post_info.asp just above line 867 where stuff is being added to strSql and it should have values added to it line by line and the a closed parenthesis. The parenthesis is being closed before the last value is added. If you are completely confused, save the asp file as .txt and post a link to it here and i'll see if i can fix it for you.

Edited by - UGBC on 14 October 2003 22:22:19
Go to Top of Page

Maikadal
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - 14 October 2003 :  21:31:30  Show Profile
UGBC - you rock! Events work perfectly now! However, there is one more problem:

When I installed the event calendar mod, I also put in the Signup Mod. When I go to the event management link, I get this message:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e10'

No value given for one or more required parameters.

/desertchill/forum/admin_signup.asp, line 49

Line 49 reads:

set rsSQL = my_Conn.Execute (strSql)

Like before, I did a Response.Write(strSQL) Response.End and commented out line 49, to see if it would work like it did last time. When I ran the page, I got this message:

SELECT FORUM_ID, TOPIC_ID, T_EVENT_DATE, T_SUBJECT FROM FORUM_TOPICS WHERE T_ISEVENT = 1 AND T_EVENT_DATE < '20031014000000' ORDER BY T_EVENT_DATE

Can you interpret this for me, and tell me what to do to fix the error? Thanks much.

Maikadal
Go to Top of Page

UGBC

143 Posts

Posted - 14 October 2003 :  22:25:27  Show Profile
Hmm, I'm not familiar with this mod, glad I could help with the first part, I'd try and contact the mod author or do a search on these forums for your error, someone else may have encountered the same problem.

Edit:
After some thought, given the error, I think it means one of these does not exist "FORUM_ID, TOPIC_ID, T_EVENT_DATE, T_SUBJECT"

So I'd guess it's T_EVENT_DATE Make sure this column exists in the database, and if it doesn't install the most recent version of the calendar mod and that should fix it.

Edited by - UGBC on 14 October 2003 22:27:28
Go to Top of Page

Maikadal
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  18:03:11  Show Profile
UGBC -

I checked out the database and you are right - T_EVENT_DATE does not exist. However, I think I have the most recent version of the mod. Is there any other way I can put it in there? Thanks much.

Maikadal
Go to Top of Page

UGBC

143 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  18:35:49  Show Profile
you could just manually add it, but if someone posts an event, the date won't go in there, make sure you ran the dbs file with the latest version of the events mod, it would have created this column for you.
Go to Top of Page

Maikadal
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2003 :  15:29:36  Show Profile
UGBC,

Alright, I manually added it but there is still a problem: The Upcoming and Recent Events on the normal calendar mod don't work because no values are being added to the T_EVENT_DATE column. Do you know where I can get a file to update the database so that values actually go in there? Thanks!

Maikadal
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07