New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chulann
Starting Member

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2003 :  13:41:17  Show Profile
I have set up two forums. One for discussion and one for posting events only.
Is there a way that I can have the event CALENDAR display to all but not the event FORUM (used by administrator only).

Failing that, is there a way that I can sort the entries in the event forum by event date as opposed to either topic name or last post date. I tried putting the date in the topic to achieve this, but it looks too messy doing it that way.

One more question:
When a member logs in, they are automatically directed straight into the main discussion forum and there is no indication there is another forum or calendar available. They have to click on the Forum level to see the list of the different forums.
How do I alter the configuration so that the list of forums is the first thing a member sees?

I am running V3.4.03 with reccurring events mod installed.

Edited by - ruirib on 18 October 2003 15:21:25

chulann
Starting Member

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2003 :  11:09:44  Show Profile
Upon studying other posts I realize that I was asking for too much. Separate handling for each forum is just not viable.
On re-thinking my policy I found that I can achieve almost all that I want by simply locking event topics as soon as posted.

This does still leave the problem of how to get the topic list to indicate the date of the event without putting the date in the subject line. This makes calendar views too messy showing the date twice.
Is there a way that I can edit the last post date?. This would then enable the events to be sorted by correct date without disrupting the calendar views.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.37 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07