New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2003 :  15:19:40  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
This is working for me now! I had to move this line:
"Response.Write " <script language=""JavaScript"" type=""text/javascript"" src=""inc_code.js""></script>" & vbNewLine"
From above to below the includes in top of "pop_members_url.asp" and then it worked =)

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

Ernest Rouse
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 13 September 2003 :  00:21:23  Show Profile
Thanks for the news. Glad you got it working. I have put the timer code back in to in_header_shortest.asp in v1.02.

quote:
Originally posted by StephenD

Well, the timer code from inc_header was missing from inc_header_shortest so I put that back in and pop_topic_url.asp loads now.

Earnestly,
Ernest
Go to Top of Page

Ernest Rouse
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 13 September 2003 :  00:22:33  Show Profile
Glad you figured it out! Thanks for the cause and solution. I have moved this line in the mod's code, as well in v1.02. Thanks again.

quote:
Originally posted by tribaliztic

This is working for me now! I had to move this line:
"Response.Write " <script language=""JavaScript"" type=""text/javascript"" src=""inc_code.js""></script>" & vbNewLine"
From above to below the includes in top of "pop_members_url.asp" and then it worked =)

Earnestly,
Ernest

Edited by - Ernest Rouse on 13 September 2003 00:34:43
Go to Top of Page

Ernest Rouse
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 15 September 2003 :  21:30:20  Show Profile
I just posted version 1.03, which fixes a problem with the 'prompt' option setting. If 'prompt' was selected, and cancel was pressed when the prompt came up, a bogus url would be inserted into the post.

It was also not properly using the Topic Title or the Member Name if the 'prompt' was left blank.

See the first post of this topic for complete information.

Earnestly,
Ernest
Go to Top of Page

weeboab
Starting Member

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 14 October 2003 :  12:03:58  Show Profile
Grrr!

<---- total newbie!

Im having issues installing this - files uploaded - changes made as per read me text file.

The icons appear alongside the others, but nothing happens when you click on them.

Im using an Access DB for the forum, and have IPGate, Site meta generator and Site Integration mods installed.

Could anyone offer me some pointers on this one please? I left the changes live on my forum.

Thanks for any help that can be offered, and I have to say that this Mod will be an enormous help to me and my moderators - we constantly cross reference posts!

Regards
Scott
Go to Top of Page

Ernest Rouse
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2003 :  14:55:07  Show Profile
Scott, sorry it took so long to respond, I was out of town for a few days.

When you are post.asp and you see the buttons, when you position the cursor on the buttons, does the following show in the status bar of your browser:

• for topic link: javascript:OpenHyperlinkTopicURL();

• for member link: javascript:OpenHyperlinkTopicURL();

If so, the buttons should execute the java script functions that you appended in the inc_code.js file.

If not, review the code modifications you made in inc_post_buttons.asp.

If you like, you can email your inc_code.js file and your inc_post_buttons.asp files to me and I will review them for you.

Earnestly,
Ernest
Go to Top of Page

weeboab
Starting Member

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2003 :  07:14:59  Show Profile
Hi Ernest and thanks for your response.

When I added the mod, I followed the instructions, checked installation, etc and could not get the buttons to work.

So, Ive pretty much left it as is until now - I checked it today and it seems to work fine...

Im pretty confused! Happy, but confused!

Anyways thanks again for your response (and the great mod - I do a lot of cross linking within the forum and it helps a great deal!).

Regards
Scott
Go to Top of Page

Ernest Rouse
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2003 :  18:44:28  Show Profile
Glad you got it going, Scott, and glad you are getting good use from it.

Earnestly,
Ernest
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07