Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ernest Rouse
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2003 :  00:04:23  Show Profile
Tribaliztic and StephenD, Sorry I still don't have anything for you, but have not given up. I did post a fix for a different problem.

Earnestly,
Ernest
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2003 :  02:51:45  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
Heh, no problem!

BTW: I use MySQL if that could be a "problem" =)

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -

Edited by - tribaliztic on 09 September 2003 02:59:23
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2003 :  13:12:10  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
I'm on MS-SQL - no problems.

I did have to change line 413 on pop_members_URL.asp to this:

Response.Write("<br />" & getStar_Level(Members_MemberID, Members_MemberLevel, Members_MemberPosts) & "")

Probably because of a MOD I have installed ... not sure which one.

Rich
[size=1]A Complete Idiot's Guide to MOD Implementation || On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

Ernest Rouse
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2003 :  20:04:13  Show Profile
Stephen, can you tell me when this error occurs? Is it the first time you click on the 'Insert Hyperlink To Other Topic' icon? Or, is it after sorting or searching?

Earnestly,
Ernest
Go to Top of Page

StephenD

Australia
1044 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2003 :  20:21:18  Show Profile  Send StephenD a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ernest, yes the error occurs as soon as you hit the link to insert hyperlink to other topic.
Go to Top of Page

sr_erick

USA
1318 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2003 :  00:02:01  Show Profile  Visit sr_erick's Homepage  Send sr_erick a Yahoo! Message
Is there a demo anywhere? I wanna see what it does.

Erick
Snowmobile Fanatics

Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2003 :  00:20:11  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by sr_erick

Is there a demo anywhere? I wanna see what it does.

ditto... I don't get the concept.

Go to Top of Page

Anacrusis

USA
219 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2003 :  08:06:52  Show Profile  Visit Anacrusis's Homepage  Send Anacrusis an AOL message
you can log in to my site and post a message, there's two new posting icons. What it does is, you click a button, choose a member or topic, and a [URL] link is generated linking to that member/topic.

if you need a user/pass.. use "snitz"

The Internet ClubHouse
www.internet-clubhouse.com
Go to Top of Page

Ernest Rouse
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2003 :  10:33:39  Show Profile
Thanks alot, anacrusis. BTW: Great Site!

I just heard about Snitz 2 months ago, and this is my first Mod. So be patient with me. The only place I have this working is on a restricted site, but will soon have a site specifically to demo this mod.

Stephen and tribaliztic, I'm still trying to find the cause of your errors. I'm setting up a demo site, and will have one on MSSQL and another on Access, so I can try and determine why the Jet Engine error is occurring. If anyone is familiar with Snitz and Access, can you shed any light on StephenD;s Access error?

Earnestly,
Ernest

Edited by - Ernest Rouse on 10 September 2003 10:37:14
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2003 :  10:58:39  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
Thanks for your effort! =)
My problem should not have anything to do with the db I think, it's a asp-error from what I can understand. It seems like something is loaded twice...

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

Ernest Rouse
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2003 :  19:29:24  Show Profile
Tribaliztic: I understand and agree, that database comment was for StephenD. Sorry, I should have been more clear. I really have no clue what could be causing your error, but I haven't given up yet.

Earnestly,
Ernest
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2003 :  21:57:14  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Anacrusis

you can log in to my site and post a message, there's two new posting icons. What it does is, you click a button, choose a member or topic, and a [URL] link is generated linking to that member/topic.

if you need a user/pass.. use "snitz"

hmmm, not bad actually. thanks for the demo site.

Go to Top of Page

StephenD

Australia
1044 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2003 :  02:56:19  Show Profile  Send StephenD a Yahoo! Message
Well, the timer code from inc_header was missing from inc_header_shortest so I put that back in and pop_topic_url.asp loads now.

Question : it says at the topSelect hyperlink to topics that have been active since: and a drop-down list of options same as active.asp

Is this how it is supposed to look?
Go to Top of Page

StephenD

Australia
1044 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2003 :  03:00:24  Show Profile  Send StephenD a Yahoo! Message
Nevermind, had a look at the demo site. Just need to change my default setting to 2 months.
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2003 :  05:56:56  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
I suppose this could have something to do with me using ServerHackers code, I will try and setup a fresh install of that and try again. Maybe there is some of my mods that's causing the problem..

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07