Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ernest Rouse
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03 September 2003 :  18:32:23  Show Profile
MOD Description
This mod enables users to insert into their posts, hyperlinks to other topics or to other forum members. It includes two new post buttons.

Pressing the 'Insert Hyperlink To Other Topic' button pops up a new window with a list of all active topics (date range selectable). When the user selects a topic, the window closes and a url to the selected topic is inserted into the post.

The 'Insert Hyperlink To <forum title> Member Profile' button does something similar, except a forum member is selected and a url to their profile is inserted in the topic.

Demo
I have put up a demo site with Snitz Forums 3.4.03 and MSAccess and this MOD. It is pretty minimal (two topics and two members), but shows the functionality of the MOD.

Anacrusis has offered his site as a demo. You should check it out, it's a very cool site - http://www.internet-clubhouse.com Then go to Forums then Forum Index and do a post in the Lounge. (Thank you, Anacrusis)

Enjoy!

Info
Always check this post for the latest information on this MOD. I will edit this comment when any thing significant changes. readme.txt contains details on what changes were made in each version.

Download Latest Version
Topic and Member Hyperlink Mod (v1.03) Download

Let me know how it goes.

Earnestly,
Ernest

Edited by - Ernest Rouse on 19 September 2003 22:30:01

cripto9t
Average Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2003 :  08:56:49  Show Profile
Thanks, it looks like a pretty simple install . I'll try it out later.

_-/Cripto9t\-_
Go to Top of Page

Anacrusis

USA
219 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2003 :  09:45:53  Show Profile  Visit Anacrusis's Homepage  Send Anacrusis an AOL message
Thanks Ernest, good mod. I was actually thinking of doing the member link part myself. You saved me some work

The Internet ClubHouse
www.internet-clubhouse.com
Go to Top of Page

Ernest Rouse
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2003 :  15:40:03  Show Profile
Great, please let me know how the install goes, to be sure I was clear enough and left nothing out.

Earnestly,
Ernest
Go to Top of Page

Anacrusis

USA
219 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2003 :  15:49:01  Show Profile  Visit Anacrusis's Homepage  Send Anacrusis an AOL message
The install instructions seem just fine. I couldn't follow them exactly in my case because of my customized code. But they seem clear enough.

The Internet ClubHouse
www.internet-clubhouse.com
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2003 :  17:12:16  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
I get this error when clicking on the "insert link to member"-icon:

Response object error 'ASP 0156 : 80004005'

Header Error

config.asp, line 43

The HTTP headers are already written to the client browser. Any HTTP header modifications must be made before writing page content.

The line in config.asp is: Response.Buffer = true.
Usually this error means that I run a include twice, but I can't find anything like this here?

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

Ernest Rouse
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2003 :  19:03:27  Show Profile
I looked through my mod stuff, and don't see anything that should contribute to that error. Double check all steps of the installation for accuracy. Anyone else have any ideas on how to track down this kind of error. It's one I've never encountered.

Earnestly,
Ernest
Go to Top of Page

VodkaFish
Average Member

USA
654 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2003 :  20:56:59  Show Profile  Send VodkaFish an AOL message  Send VodkaFish an ICQ Message  Send VodkaFish a Yahoo! Message
Demo?

v ø d k â f ï § h
Go to Top of Page

Locnar

89 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2003 :  14:36:07  Show Profile  Visit Locnar's Homepage
Very cool! Thank you Ernest. I pulled out the hyperlink to the member because it would not work with the topic rating mod, and I really mainly wanted the topic hyperlink. Very useful, I don't know how many times I have had to have two forum web pages open; one for the post I am writing and one to give me the url of a topic I need to link to.

Thanks!

Locnar
Just your basic forums ---> www.duncanet.com/forums
Star Wars Galaxies ---> www.duncanet.com/forum/sitenews.asp

Edited by - Locnar on 10 September 2003 17:18:37
Go to Top of Page

Ernest Rouse
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2003 :  16:07:39  Show Profile
Locnar, you're welcome! Glad you found it useful.

VodkaFish, unfortunately, the only forum I have up and running is within a restricted site, therfore not very useful for a demo. I will see what I can do to put up a demo forum, when I get some time.

Earnestly,
Ernest
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2003 :  06:59:29  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
Ernest Rouse: I've doublechecked this twice now, same error msg. It's only the pop_members_url.asp that gives that error. Should I post my files for you?

I use Serverhacker forum if that may be the cause somehow? I'll post a question there and check if anyone there has tested this mod.

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

Ernest Rouse
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2003 :  15:42:32  Show Profile
Tribaliztic: If you post your files, I'll be happy to look at them and see if I can spot the problem.

Earnestly,
Ernest
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2003 :  17:25:48  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
Okay!
Here's the links to my docs. I hope you find some errors =)

http://www.gotlandrace.com/temp/topicmemberlink/inc_code.txt
http://www.gotlandrace.com/temp/topicmemberlink/inc_iconfiles.txt
http://www.gotlandrace.com/temp/topicmemberlink/inc_post_buttons.txt

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

StephenD

Australia
1044 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2003 :  18:20:04  Show Profile  Send StephenD a Yahoo! Message
I get this error:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e10' 

No value given for one or more required parameters. 

/pop_topics_url.asp, line 293

I'm using an Access DB.
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2003 :  19:59:51  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
This is an absolutely fantastic MOD - easy to install, very functional. On my forums, I've already made good use of it! Kudos!

PS - The only glitch - minor - is that the ALT text for the Members icon has your URL hard-coded in. Perfect after that!

Rich
[size=1]A Complete Idiot's Guide to MOD Implementation || On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

Ernest Rouse
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2003 :  01:11:48  Show Profile

• Tribaliztic, I will try and look at this tomorrow and get a reply back to you

• StephenD, I'm using MS SQL, so I will have to look at the code and evaluate it against Access...I'll try and let you know by tomorrow, if I find anything

• Richfed: Thanks for the kudos. Hope you get some good use out of the mod. OOPS on the hard-coded url, I hate for people to know I do stuff like that. the shame of it all. I'll get that stripped out, post haste.

Earnestly,
Ernest

Edited by - Ernest Rouse on 08 September 2003 01:13:11
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07