New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2003 :  21:12:08  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
HEY Everybody.

I would like for this Topic to be a BRAINSTORM.

SIMPLY. I'm really an Ideaman and sometimes the ideas just flow from my mind, so here I will post all those crazy ideas for programmers as inspiration to future MODS they will make.
This is also because I'm not a programmer myself and are not able to make the mods I come up with ideas to. And I'm sure there are lots like me
I Urge all others to post their crazy ideas for MODS here.

Let's make 1000's of ideas, you all know that a 1000 ideas only come up with 10 MODS, so post.. post ..post your Ideas.

FIRST IDEA: maybe a MOD that would make it possible to administrate the colors and thing on ALL buttons in the forum, such as, all SUBMIT buttons and stuff.

SECOND IDEA: A MOD that would make 2 or 4 of the smilies exchangeable in the admin section, so you could exchange 2 or 4 smilies every now and then

THIRD IDEA: What about a MOD that made it possible to configure and turn ON/OFF a pop-up window in the forum, maybe incoporate it with a banner rotation system. Or simply just being able to get a URL.

Well that's it for now, but there will be more

May The Code Be With You
www.UniqueDk.dk *** The Open Forums of Denmark ***

Edited by - acoustika on 23 August 2003 21:15:52

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2003 :  21:29:10  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
Good idea, keep your suggestions coming!
quote:
SECOND IDEA: A MOD that would make 2 or 4 of the smilies exchangeable in the admin section, so you could exchange 2 or 4 smilies every now and then

There's already a MOD available that lets you add/edit/remove custom smilies here.

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz

Edited by - OneWayMule on 23 August 2003 21:36:11
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2003 :  00:10:14  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
Thank's, OneWayMule

I had already downloadet it, but hadn't come around to trying THAT MOD yet *SS*.

Actually I think I have downloadet some from you too, and thanks for making them!.
My site will open in a couple of month, and the URL i think will be in my signature then.
It's s'pposed to be an Open Forum in Denmark with all kinds of topics, and I have great Ideas for making traffic, så I want to make a Well programmed and designed site and forum.

ANOTHER IDEA: It could be nice if, through a point system members could see how long, and when they would get a new rank., a simpel points system would do it, that's refering to the counts you choose in the MEMBER RANK ADMINISTRATION, then I could make a FAQ that would tell 'bout the Ranks, but they would have to be able to see their points, and the output must be called different than POINTS, if it should work with the POINT MOD, maybe a graphical output *S*

May The Code Be With You

Edited by - acoustika on 24 August 2003 00:12:39
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2003 :  00:26:01  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
IDEA: What about a voting system where users can vote for each others profiles,, maybe you get one daily vote, or/and you can only vote one time for a member definitely. Then there could be an TOP PROFILE OF THE DAY/WEEK/MONTH/YEAR link/pop-up thing that showed off this profile.
It could be built into the POINTS SYSTEM MOD så vote's are something you can buy maybe. That way it would also be the top users of the forum that would get opportunity to get the most vote's
And as always, the more configurable the better.

What about a Sorting system for the members page, ex. sorting by country, last post, member since and so on.
ex. find all from 'country' and so on

May The Code Be With You

Edited by - acoustika on 24 August 2003 01:15:14
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2003 :  02:24:58  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
Another IDEA: An extended member configuration MOD

A mod for configurating All members/selective members.

ex. I would like to chosse ALLOW pics/HTML and all the other stuff for single selective members, as a feature in the admin section, or on the "edit member" page.

May The Code Be With You
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2003 :  15:58:43  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
IDEA: maybe it would be great with a MOD that would extend the archieve functions, I would very much like to be able to administrate this part more....
Ex. I would like to be able to Archieve topics, replyes individually
and I would like to have more options for archieve periods. f.eks. I have A forum I would like to Archieve every 14. day, I can't seem to do this. If it could be build to AUTO ARCHIEVE it would be great, but it would have to be for individual forums too.

May The Code Be With You
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2003 :  20:23:17  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
IDEA: An option so that the ADMIN could make several smilie sets for the forum.
Ex. 3, 4 or 5 smiliesets( complete change smiliesets) and then let the user in some links (menu) on the front page choose between these smilie sets, there would maybe be a problem when a user is looking at post, posted with another smileset, but it could be done.
Admin Options:
# smilie in sets
# of smilie sets
and of course being able to exchange all those smilies.

Could it be possibel to incorporate a feature in the POINTS MOD so that users could buy smilies to be used ONLY by them. *S*

May The Code Be With You

Edited by - acoustika on 24 August 2003 20:24:50
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2003 :  20:30:33  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
WHY: is there the possibility to make long long long long posts taht will make a very very very long scroll to the right. anywhere I see the Snitz. Isn't it possibel to make a feature that would make the text scroll downwards instead, I think this has to do with the "NOWRAP" and COLUMN options in the ADMIN page.
BUT it would be a nice feature if users with a simply click could decide in which "Mode" the would see the topics and replyes

May The Code Be With You
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2003 :  16:36:16  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
IDEA: wouldn't it be great with a link for the users that was named "My topics", that would if clicked make a list of all the their own topics (the ones they startet).

And to All those who have read this topic, are you programmers all looking for inspiraion!!!
Or are there just not anyone else who dares to post their crazy ideas. Come on post your ideas her, makeable or not.

May The Code Be With You
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2003 :  16:40:14  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
In a non mail subsciptin forum like the Snitz, it could be great with a feature for the Topic maker (poster) to subscribe if there were made replies.

May The Code Be With You
Go to Top of Page

Ryan
Average Member

USA
858 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2003 :  17:03:18  Show Profile  Visit Ryan's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by acoustika

WHY: is there the possibility to make long long long long posts taht will make a very very very long scroll to the right. anywhere I see the Snitz. Isn't it possibel to make a feature that would make the text scroll downwards instead, I think this has to do with the "NOWRAP" and COLUMN options in the ADMIN page.
BUT it would be a nice feature if users with a simply click could decide in which "Mode" the would see the topics and replyes

That option already exists. It is probably turned off in this forum because in working with code sometimes the wrap will make the code look different than what it should.

The Poultry Link - "Serving the best of the fancy with the best of the web"
Forum Setup Help
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2003 :  17:39:27  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
Hmm, where is this option, and how does it work, I have tried severel different thing with the options in admin, NOWRAP ON/OFF and COLUMN WITH but it doesn't seem to work.

Please explain, a little walk throgh

May The Code Be With You
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2003 :  19:20:11  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
When using code tags, the text will not wrap no matter what settings you aply in admin, this is by design so that important lines of code are not wrapped when displaying them in a topic. There are a few examples of ways of getting round this, not sure if they are available as mods, but you could probably get the code from my forum files by looking for [scrollcode] in the inc_func_common file.

There is also an extended member config mod already.
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2003 :  19:21:04  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
Maybe you should try the mods already available before brainstorming us with ideas that have already been explored
Go to Top of Page

cripto9t
Average Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 26 August 2003 :  08:54:19  Show Profile
If nowrap is "off" in the right col. then the message should wrap, right
Anyway I dug this out of either Crashs or ServerHackers forum code a long time age.
Its the code for the text-area you get when you use the [code*] tags.

In "inc_common_functions"

1- find these lines

fString = ReplaceURLs(fString) 
	fString = ReplaceImageTags(fString)

change it to this

fString = ReplaceURLs(fString) 
        fString = ReplaceCodeTags(fString) 
	fString = ReplaceImageTags(fString)

2-Comment out " ' "these 2 lines (may not look the same as yours)
(also I think there is only 1 line in the latest ver.)

'fString = doCode(fString, "[code*]", "[/code*]", "<form name=""selectall""><center id=""code""><pre id=""code""><div id=""code"" align=""center""><font face=""courier"" color=""blue"" size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ id=""code""><textarea name=""getcode"" class=""code"" cols=""60"" rows=""4"" readonly id=""code"">", "</textarea id=""code""></font id=""code""></div id=""code""></pre id=""code""></center id=""code""><center id=""code""><div id=""code""><button onClick=""JavaScript:this.form.getcode.focus();this.form.getcode.select();"" id=""1"" name=""1"">select all</button></div id=""code""></center id=""code""></form id=""code"">") 
'fString = doCode(fString, "[code*]", "[/code*]", "<pre id=""code""><font face=""courier"" size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ id=""code"">", "</font id=""code""></pre id=""code"">")

3- below these lines

ReplaceImageTags = strTempString 
end function 

add this function(remove these * there are 4)

'##########[code*] [/code*] Replace ##########

Function ReplaceCodeTags(fString) 
 	Dim oTag, cTag 
 	Dim roTag, rcTag 
 	Dim oTagPos, cTagPos 
 	Dim nTagPos 
 	Dim counter1, counter2 
 	Dim strCodeText 
 	Dim Tagcount 
 	Dim strTempString, strResultString 
 	TagCount = 2 
  	Dim CodeTags(2,2,2) 
 	Dim strArray, strArray2

CodeTags(1,1,1) = "[code*]" 
 	CodeTags(1,2,1) = "[/code*]" 
 	CodeTags(1,1,2) = "<pre id=""code""><form name=""it"" id=""code""><font face=""courier"" color=""" & strDefaultFontColor & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ id=""code""><textarea name=""getcode"" class=""code"" cols=""60"" rows=""4"" readonly id=""code"">" 
 	CodeTags(1,2,2) = "</textarea id=""code""></font id=""code""><br><button onClick=""JavaScript:this.form.getcode.focus();this.form.getcode.select();var ttr=this.form.getcode.createTextRange();ttr.execCommand('copy');"" id=""code"" name=""1"" class=""copy"" >copy code</button id=""code""></form id=""code""></pre id=""code"">"

CodeTags(2,1,1) = "[CODE*]" 
 	CodeTags(2,2,1) = "[/CODE*]" 
 	CodeTags(2,1,2) = CodeTags(1,1,2) 
 	CodeTags(2,2,2) = CodeTags(1,2,2)

strResultString = "" 
 	strTempString = fString

for counter1 = 1 to TagCount

oTag   = CodeTags(counter1,1,1) 
 		roTag  = CodeTags(counter1,1,2) 
 		cTag   = CodeTags(counter1,2,1) 
 		rcTag  = CodeTags(counter1,2,2) 
 		oTagPos = InStr(1, strTempString, oTag, 1) 
 		cTagPos = InStr(1, strTempString, cTag, 1)

if (oTagpos > 0) and (cTagPos > 0) then 
 		 	strArray = Split(strTempString, oTag, -1) 
 		 	for counter2 = 0 to Ubound(strArray) 
 		 		if (Instr(1, strArray(counter2), cTag) > 0) then 
 		 			strArray2 = split(strArray(counter2), cTag, -1) 
					strCodeText = trim(strArray2(0)) 
 					strCodeText = replace(strCodeText, "<br />", vbNewLine) 
                                        strCodeText = replace(strCodeText, "</p>", vbNewLine) 
                                        strCodeText = replace(strCodeText, "<p>", vbNewLine) 
 		 			strResultString = strResultString & roTag & strCodeText & rcTag & strArray2(1) 
 		 		else 
 		 			strResultString = strResultString & strArray(counter2) 
 		 		end if	 
 		 	next  

strTempString = strResultString 
 			strResultString = "" 
 		end if 
	next

ReplaceCodeTags = strTempString 
end function

Thats all

_-/Cripto9t\-_
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 26 August 2003 :  11:51:48  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
okay thank's Ill try this *S*

May The Code Be With You
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07