Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

RSADM
Starting Member

South Africa
24 Posts

Posted - 03 September 2003 :  09:44:58  Show Profile  Visit RSADM's Homepage  Send RSADM an AOL message  Send RSADM an ICQ Message  Send RSADM a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Davio

Did you add all the site poll mod code in your config.asp file? I think so.
Go to you admin options, Forum Valriables. Scroll down until you see the SitePoll variable in the left hand column. Check what value it has.

If the value is 1, then the site poll page isn't seeing the variable. If it is 0, and you are sure you have turned it on, then you are probably missing some code from the config.asp file.

In your config.asp file, what do you have set for your strPollURL and strPollAppURL?

This is the string :
/FORUM/STRSITEPOLL 1
From my config file :
strPollURL = "forum/"
strPollAppURL = "/FORUM/"

Could this be the error ?

Edited by - RSADM on 03 September 2003 10:42:07
Go to Top of Page

RSADM
Starting Member

South Africa
24 Posts

Posted - 15 September 2003 :  03:13:37  Show Profile  Visit RSADM's Homepage  Send RSADM an AOL message  Send RSADM an ICQ Message  Send RSADM a Yahoo! Message
Any advise please ?
Go to Top of Page

RSADM
Starting Member

South Africa
24 Posts

Posted - 25 September 2003 :  08:02:06  Show Profile  Visit RSADM's Homepage  Send RSADM an AOL message  Send RSADM an ICQ Message  Send RSADM a Yahoo! Message
Any advise please ?
Go to Top of Page

RonTampaBay

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 25 September 2003 :  11:12:27  Show Profile  Visit RonTampaBay's Homepage
Hi Davio,
I just wanted to let you know that I installed the poll mod and it worked perfectly right from the start. The documentation was exceptional and the process very clear. I think that this mod may be the most involved I have applied, yet it was smooth sailing!

My compliments!

Edited by - RonTampaBay on 25 September 2003 11:13:21
Go to Top of Page

RSADM
Starting Member

South Africa
24 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2003 :  07:05:58  Show Profile  Visit RSADM's Homepage  Send RSADM an AOL message  Send RSADM an ICQ Message  Send RSADM a Yahoo! Message
Can anyone please help me...
Go to Top of Page

NiteOwl

Canada
403 Posts

Posted - 09 November 2003 :  15:46:05  Show Profile  Visit NiteOwl's Homepage
OK, think I have it!! If this helps great, if not sorry.

I also was having a problem because I built my site with its very own domain name and naturally put it to the root and NOT in a sub folder.

You MUST put your forum in a folder called FORUM probably but alternate names I have not tested.

if it use to be http://www.bdbdata.com/
It must now be at http://www.bdbdata.com/FORUM

Regardless of what the strCookieUrl says if you do not have it ending in FORUM or possibly some other folder name this is not going to work for you.

For example my site was in the root and my strCookieUrl said MYBOARD/
I could not get the Site Poll Mod to work so I finally created a sub folder called FORUM moved all my code there and checked my strCookieUrl it now says MYBOARD/FORUM
I edited the config Virtuals to show MYBOARD/FORUM as per Davio's instructions and guess what, the thing works.

-=NiteOwl=-
Go to Top of Page

RSADM
Starting Member

South Africa
24 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  06:48:24  Show Profile  Visit RSADM's Homepage  Send RSADM an AOL message  Send RSADM an ICQ Message  Send RSADM a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by NiteOwl

OK, think I have it!! If this helps great, if not sorry.

I also was having a problem because I built my site with its very own domain name and naturally put it to the root and NOT in a sub folder.

You MUST put your forum in a folder called FORUM probably but alternate names I have not tested.

if it use to be http://www.bdbdata.com/
It must now be at http://www.bdbdata.com/FORUM

Regardless of what the strCookieUrl says if you do not have it ending in FORUM or possibly some other folder name this is not going to work for you.

For example my site was in the root and my strCookieUrl said MYBOARD/
I could not get the Site Poll Mod to work so I finally created a sub folder called FORUM moved all my code there and checked my strCookieUrl it now says MYBOARD/FORUM
I edited the config Virtuals to show MYBOARD/FORUM as per Davio's instructions and guess what, the thing works.

I did what you said and It seems to be ok - no data lost (moved the db as well) I still get the idea that the Variable is not seen since the variable code is still 1 ???

Any tips
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07