New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2001 :  11:50:00  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
Davio,

I'm really busy with school now (master's degree kinda stuff). I would appreciate it if you email me the corrected files so I could update the zip. Thank alot.

ô¿~
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2001 :  21:57:08  Show Profile
Well, i would have to go thru all the admin files, so it would take some time. Also, what i would think to make your mod more integrated into the admin section, is to include the inc_top.asp file into the pages and also use the check to see if the user is admin or not.
But it's your call.

"Even when you feel you have nothing left,
You still have prayer--And that's enough."

Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2001 :  23:43:22  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
quote:

Well, i would have to go thru all the admin files, so it would take some time. Also, what i would think to make your mod more integrated into the admin section, is to include the inc_top.asp file into the pages and also use the check to see if the user is admin or not.
But it's your call.

"Even when you feel you have nothing left,
You still have prayer--And that's enough."

You're the boss!!

Thank you!

ô¿~
Go to Top of Page

kycable

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 06 February 2001 :  11:09:22  Show Profile  Visit kycable's Homepage  Send kycable an AOL message
That is cool, If it is what I am thinking, I did the same for my site Frankie you were reading my mind. If you like you can go to mine and see if it is similiar. (That is just too funny)

Web Zone Complete
Now offering free products to the users who post the most messages.
Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2001 :  10:08:41  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
kycable,

I like what you did. It's very simillar to what I did.

I don't know about the admin part though!!

ô¿~
Go to Top of Page

kycable

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2001 :  13:29:56  Show Profile  Visit kycable's Homepage  Send kycable an AOL message
quote:

kycable,

I like what you did. It's very simillar to what I did.

I don't know about the admin part though!!

ô¿~

The admin part, located in the admin page, basically allows the admin to add or remove links, on the userlinks page the admin has a few other options, 1. able to see the IP of the user 2. Delete the link and 3 add a new category from there. I am starting to work on the number of clicks (anytime someone clicks on that like it will add +1 to the database)

Anyways, pretty cools stuff.

Web Zone Complete
Now offering free products to the users who post the most messages.
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2001 :  14:14:59  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
I Know... I Know.... I drive some of you crazy... lol

But I've got a couple of suggestions:

1. Be able to turn Approve Links on and off
2. Add the number of links to each sub Cat. Right now it only shows next to the Cat. example.. If I had a cat named "Home Pages"
and had a sub called "Personal" and I had 5 links under "Personal" it shows the "5" next to "Home Pages" and not next to "Personal"
3. Adding a Cat or Sub Cat.. it should flip back to where you can add another one.. right now you have to hit the back in explorer or start all over.

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Running on HuwR's SR4 release
Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2001 :  23:54:43  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
rick7165,

For number 1, it's feasible but requires changes to config.asp and admin_home.asp files and an extra field in the config db table (not a problem though!).

For number 2, if what you meant was on the subcategory page (which what you get to when you click a subcat in the listings main page) it does that already (showing number of links beside the subcat). If what you meant was on the main listings page, I don't see the reason behinde that (it would look ugly and out of place!) that's my silly opinion though .

For number three I have to go back and stick those meta tags all over the place, and I will when I get a breather anytime soon.

Thanks for your constructive suggestions, and keep them on coming, baby

ô¿~
Go to Top of Page

fatwillie

Canada
79 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2001 :  07:14:32  Show Profile  Visit fatwillie's Homepage  Send fatwillie an ICQ Message
Something got messed up here....

CREATE TABLE CAT(, CAT VARCHAR(255))
-2147217900 | Syntax error in field definition.
CREATE TABLE SUBCAT(, SUBCATNAME VARCHAR(255), CATID VARCHAR(50))
CREATE TABLE LINK2(, NAME VARCHAR(100), URL VARCHAR(255), KEYWORD MEMO, DESCRIPTION MEMO, EMAIL VARCHAR(100), POSTDATE VARCHAR(100), HIT INT DEFAULT 0, CATEGORY VARCHAR(50), PARENTID VARCHAR(50), SHOW BIT, BADLINK BIT)

I'm using Ver. 3.1 sr4 ....

Fatwillie's Forum
Go to Top of Page

fatwillie

Canada
79 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2001 :  07:58:31  Show Profile  Visit fatwillie's Homepage  Send fatwillie an ICQ Message
OK, I fixed the top two, but now I am left with this...

CREATE TABLE LINK2(ID int IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL , NAME VARCHAR(100), URL VARCHAR(255), KEYWORD MEMO, DESCRIPTION MEMO, EMAIL VARCHAR(100), POSTDATE VARCHAR(100), HIT INT DEFAULT 0, CATEGORY VARCHAR(50), PARENTID VARCHAR(50), SHOW BIT, BADLINK BIT)
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Column or parameter #4: Cannot find data type MEMO

Fatwillie's Forum
Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2001 :  12:18:53  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
fatwillie,

If you're using sql server, try changing the MEMO type in the CREAT TABLE LINK2 statement in the listings_setup.asp file to TEXT.

ô¿~
Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2001 :  13:49:26  Show Profile
Excellent MOD frankie.

It works great with IE, but with Netscape 4.01 I am getting this error

Due to malformed syntax, the request could not be understood by the server. The client should not repeat the request without
modifications.

I noticed this happens when the Category or Sub Category clicked on has a space in it

ex: Under the Category USA Gov the link is
forum/showlink.asp?CatID=36&parentID=10&subname=USA Gov&parentname=Government

as in this example between USA and Gov

Any fix for this?
I'll take a peek and see what I can do to figure it out.

Thanks
Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2001 :  13:58:43  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
Intrepidone,

I don't have a Netscape browser on my computer to test against but I think if you call the function chkstring it will work somehow! Not for sure till I see myself. Thanks for your comments though

ô¿~
Go to Top of Page

Technical
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2001 :  16:45:58  Show Profile  Visit Technical's Homepage
Frankie, thanks for an excellent modification. I am running SQL 2000 and I had to change the two instances of MODE to TEXT in order to get the routine to make the Link2 table correctly. But it did and the links page and the admin section both come up.

however I am getting two errors now:

in admin interface when trying to load main link I get:

Admin Interface

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'no'.

/forums/admin/main.asp, line 13

and when selecting bad links:

These links has been reported by users:

click each link to correct the error.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'yes'.

/forums/admin/showbadlink.asp, line 12

Apparently the columns are needed but haven't been added by the setup script. Maybe because this is SQL server and not access, if you have an idea let me know. Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2001 :  17:40:28  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
As far as I know, sql doesn't understand the yes/no booleans so in admin/main.asp change this line (#9):

SQL = "SELECT * From link2 where show=no order by ID"

to:
SQL = "SELECT * From link2 where show=0 order by ID"

and in admin/showbadlink.asp, change this line (#8):
SQL = "SELECT * From link2 where badlink=yes order by ID"

to:

SQL = "SELECT * From link2 where badlink=1 order by ID"

That should do it

ô¿~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07