Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

dhutten

Netherlands
66 Posts

Posted - 02 July 2003 :  12:30:59  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by FrutZle

dhutten, could you please remove all the codes from your forelast post?
It's making the topic a lot longer than it has to be, especially if it's all just a copy and paste from active.asp (we all have those codes).

In general when people want to show that amount of codes on the forums, we ask them to save the codes in a .TXT file and then place a link to it. That's usually a lot easier

Removed
Go to Top of Page

dhutten

Netherlands
66 Posts

Posted - 11 July 2003 :  10:50:22  Show Profile
Have someone created a script?

Go to Top of Page

Astralis

USA
1218 Posts

Posted - 26 July 2003 :  02:21:38  Show Profile  Send Astralis a Yahoo! Message
This sounds like a great idea. I hope more people are interested in developing this.
Go to Top of Page

wizard

208 Posts

Posted - 27 July 2003 :  04:30:59  Show Profile  Visit wizard's Homepage
Can someone explain how to create custom tabs, be it snitz or not as I cannot seem to see any buttom which says custom tab or something like that?
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 27 July 2003 :  12:07:05  Show Profile
wizard, to get a new custom tab in MSN Messenger, you should go to C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\ (replace USERNAME with your username) and choose the correct directory there. Then edit the ConfigCache.Xml file as shown in the posts above.
If you're using an OS other than WinXP the path to the XML file might be different.
Go to Top of Page

dhutten

Netherlands
66 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2003 :  10:42:01  Show Profile
Mods and Admins,

I have created a tab file for msn messenger 6.0

It works fine on my forum.

You need to place to place 3 files in your forum dir.

active_msn.asp (the tracker)
snitz_msn.png (the icon)
SnitzForumTracker.exe (The auto installer of the tab in msn)

if that is possible please mail me on dhutten@hotmail.com i will mail you the files to place on your server thank you.

regards,

D. Hutten
Go to Top of Page

eauxvives

Bhutan
145 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2003 :  03:36:01  Show Profile
thanks guys, i did things the stupid way. i tried to figure this out on my own before i even thought of checking snitz forums. silly me

dhutten, i just sent you an email to ask for the files you mentioned
my forum users just LOVE this new addition (especially the highly addicted forum users!)

now, with regard to refresh, i did not put any refresh in my page. it seems to me that every time you switch from the 'normal' messenger tab (on line contacts) to the forum tab the forum page gets updated, which seems good enough, right?

Edited by - eauxvives on 07 October 2003 03:43:16
Go to Top of Page

eauxvives

Bhutan
145 Posts

Posted - 15 December 2003 :  03:52:47  Show Profile
ok, it seems that if one removes some unwanted existing tabs from messenger after a while they come back... any idea how to prevent this?
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 15 December 2003 :  04:19:26  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Roland

wizard, to get a new custom tab in MSN Messenger, you should go to C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\ (replace USERNAME with your username) and choose the correct directory there. Then edit the ConfigCache.Xml file as shown in the posts above.
If you're using an OS other than WinXP the path to the XML file might be different.

I'm on WinXP Pro and I don't have a file called ConfigCache.Xml?
dhutten, why not upload the code to www.snitzbitz.com

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 15 December 2003 :  04:40:10  Show Profile
Ah, you can't do this on MSN Messenger 6.1
http://www.tcsoftware.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 15 December 2003 :  13:05:37  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
Hmm, does this funktion work so that users just hit a button and then it installs the Tab for them or do the user have to do all the manual coding?????
Could be very tough to have an Icon on the forum they could hit and it just made the tab for them.

May The Code Be With You
www.UniqueDk.dk *** The Open Forums of Denmark ***
Go to Top of Page

eauxvives

Bhutan
145 Posts

Posted - 16 December 2003 :  06:31:26  Show Profile
you can compile a small .exe and make it available to your users. the compiler is available here :
http://www.tcsoftware.com/files/tabman11a.zip (very easy to use!)

however, as mentioned above, this works fine with messenger 6.0 but does not work with messenger version 6.1
site http://www.tcsoftware.com mentions on home page that a compiler Compiler for MSN 6 1.1a has been released , but I can't find it anywhere on their site!!!

Edited by - eauxvives on 16 December 2003 06:32:32
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 16 December 2003 :  06:51:33  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by eauxvives

however, as mentioned above, this works fine with messenger 6.0 but does not work with messenger version 6.1
site http://www.tcsoftware.com mentions on home page that a compiler Compiler for MSN 6 1.1a has been released , but I can't find it anywhere on their site!!!

I think it means v1.1 for msn 6, not for msn 6.1

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2004 :  16:48:35  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
Did this develop any further?
Go to Top of Page

ROB

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 11 February 2004 :  16:49:51  Show Profile  Visit ROB's Homepage  Send ROB an AOL message  Send ROB an ICQ Message  Send ROB a Yahoo! Message
Not exactly. There is an alternate method now available that is compatible with MSN Messenger 6.1

The only problem with it is that users who want to load your tab have to first install a patch to MSN Messenger (most won't bother) and you have to contact MSNfanatic to get your tab listed in their management page.

There is a really cool BigBlueBall tab though.

Jeff (ROB) Hester
BigBlueNetwork | BigBlueBall | Christian Church Today
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07