New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

surfsteve

90 Posts

Posted - 26 June 2003 :  17:02:57  Show Profile
YES I am hosting my own site so I can give users an FTP password which is what I wanted to do in the first place but would have to restrict them to a confined area. But then I started thinking about all the things that could go wrong and that most users don't know how to FTP or have the program to do it. So I thought Mikes File Uploads was the way to go.

What I meant by the copy and paste was that once their files were uploaded to the web they could be displayed, and could easily be copied and pasted into frontpage from there and be easily put into posts.

So here I am back at the start. My two choices are.

1. Use Mikes File Upload, find the code to paste the picture in a post and go back to forum code or use a different MOD.

2. Find an easy way for people to FTP, like thru some kind of shell that would display multiple pictures in one link possibly in a thumbnail.
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 26 June 2003 :  17:24:25  Show Profile
sounds like what you should do is maybe look at the photo gallery then. If I were in your shoes, I'd do something like create a folder called gallery and then have the code create folders for each of your members. Use upload code to allow members to upload pictures to their own folders and have a special page that will display the images in gallery format where they can highlight the images entire link and then copy and paste it into their post.

i'm not familiar with a MOD that does that (maybe the photo gallery does - I don't know). But that would be the way to go. If you are going to allow other to upload to your server make sure that you have server virus protection and keep it updated daily.

Nikkol ~ Help Us Help You | ReadMe | 3.4.03 fixes | security fixes ~
Go to Top of Page

surfsteve

90 Posts

Posted - 26 June 2003 :  19:11:23  Show Profile
Thank You. I'm looking for photo gallery right now. After thinking about it I like the idea that anyone will be able to upload photos and not require webpublishing software which anyone that has it probably has publishing ability as well and doesn't need an area to upload images.

At least I'm on the right track now.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07