Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 15 August 2003 :  23:54:50  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
Nikkol, just a thought, but why not just make it so you can define your own prefix for the group tables? Like Table and Members and the other one in config.asp... just add another line to it for the Usergroups.

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 16 August 2003 :  00:07:36  Show Profile
Ya, I made Deny permissions override any of the other settings.

So, what's your thinking on which of the tables would get the new prefix? There's the USERGROUPS table, the USERGROUPS_MEMBERS table (depends on members and usergroups) table and the ALLOWED_USERGROUPS table (which depends on both the forums and usergroups). So, which tables get which prefixes?

Nikkol ~ Help Us Help You | ReadMe | 3.4.03 fixes | security fixes ~
Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2003 :  21:21:00  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
I'd make it for all of them

Give the option to use a custom one or a new one... just set the variable line in the config.asp so the end user can make it different for every forum, or the same for every one :) Or use it in a custom application like I'm doing that I don't want mixed with the forum tables :)

That is a hard one to answer nikkol :)

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2003 :  11:35:09  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
maby 2 groups? Make the actual Permissions table be the same as the FORUM tables... make the group table customizable... and the Members other one... um... whichever it makes sence :)

That would work realy well... so some of it ties to the forum specific... but allows for the groups and members to be shared with other forums, but keeps the stuff that is forum specific to the existing forum.

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2003 :  11:44:30  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
Another bug found... post.asp:
quote:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e09'
[TCX][MyODBC]You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'AND USERGROUP_ID = 14' at line 1

/forum/post.asp, line 1365

This is where you create a new forum, in the littel box next to the statement: "UserGroup Permissions:"

There is a SQL statement here:
		if (arUGs(2,UGCnt) = 0 and mlev = 3) or mlev = 4 then
			strSql = "SELECT PERMS FROM " & strTablePrefix & "ALLOWED_USERGROUPS " &_
				"WHERE FORUM_ID = " & strRqForumID & " AND USERGROUP_ID = " & arUGs(0,UGCnt)
			set rsPerms = my_Conn.execute(strSql)

I looked through the code, and couldn't find anything about "PERMS" anywhere but in that SQL statement.

Ideas?

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2003 :  12:26:52  Show Profile
okay... thanks, I'll take a look at it later. You sure are helping me iron out the wrinkles Mike!!

Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2003 :  13:26:31  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
It's a great MOD :) this should be on every forum :)

Found Perms and am trying to figure it out :)

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2003 :  13:55:52  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
Resulting SQL statement:
quote:
SELECT PERMS FROM FORUM_ALLOWED_USERGROUPS WHERE FORUM_ID = AND USERGROUP_ID = 14

So for some reason the FORUM_ID is not showing up :(

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page

ajhvdb

Netherlands
392 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2003 :  15:22:13  Show Profile
I think this is related http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46997
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2003 :  17:25:18  Show Profile
thanks ajhvdb!!

Go to Top of Page

Kal Corp
Average Member

USA
878 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2003 :  10:14:42  Show Profile  Visit Kal Corp's Homepage
Does this support the NT groups ?

{VAS}-Kal Corp
VAS Development NetWork - Forums for old Snitz Mods!
Creator of all things {VAS}
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2003 :  10:21:54  Show Profile
I didn't code it to, as I don't use a forum with NT/AD authentication. I can maybe look at that after I get the first version finalized. If you wanted to take a stab at it yourself, I believe we would need another "member type" in the USERGROUP_MEMBERS table for NT groups. The when checking if a member is a member of a usergroup, we would need to account for the nt groups too.

Go to Top of Page

dimitrisv
Starting Member

Greece
19 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2003 :  11:24:21  Show Profile
Nikkol hi!

When are you going to release version 1?

I am considering using your mod but I preffer to wait until this release. Any plans? How can we help you to make it SQL 2000 compatible? Have you got a release with all the fixes to all the bugs reported here so far, in order to work with this?

Keep up the good work

Dimitris

Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2003 :  12:46:45  Show Profile
i haven't heard that there were any problems with sql. you can read through this topic and see if anyone has reported anything. I've been meaning to release it soon but real life has been too demanding. Maybe Labor day weekend will allow me the time.

Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2003 :  18:12:27  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by ajhvdb

I think this is related http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46997

Did this and it now allows the creation of new forums/URL's.

When i went in to edit the forum however, I set hte permissions for all the groups within the "Edit Forum" screen. And it didn't save any of my settings?

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07