Posted - 09 August 2003 :  18:18:35  Show Profile
Okie dokie.

Nikkol ~ Help Us Help You | ReadMe | 3.4.03 fixes | security fixes ~
Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2003 :  18:23:57  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
Ok... made my forums work how you explained... and updated my previouse post to reflect your intent in this MOD... your thought process makes very good sence :)

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2003 :  19:17:55  Show Profile
I think I'll add an option to somehow to choose which way you want to do it. Gotta think on that though.

Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2003 :  19:31:04  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
well - Your reasoning makes total sence... and if you give the options... then it will caus more problems than good

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page

healthee
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2003 :  21:44:02  Show Profile
Getting this error when I try to creat a new forum. I checked the code above and below the line and it looks good. Not sure what the problem is.

No other mods installed and using the pre installed mod from the download on page one.

UserGroup Permissions: UserGroup Permissions
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'
Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'AND'.

/snitz/post.asp, line 1334

Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 10 August 2003 :  00:59:10  Show Profile
Please post your errors in the MOD Implementation forum. When you do, provide a link to a text version of the page that is generating the error.

Go to Top of Page

Kent

United States
193 Posts

Posted - 10 August 2003 :  13:57:46  Show Profile
Nikkol,

Any projection on when this will leave Beta and be released as V1.0 ?

I want to integrate it throughout my HuwRs portal, including all the resource areas not just the forums, but I want to make sure it's in a pretty stable state (not a lot of changes planned -- not talking just bug fixes) before I do so...

Thanks...
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 10 August 2003 :  20:57:08  Show Profile
you know, I was gonna do it this weekend, but ...
Now, it looks like I won't be able to work on it for another few weeks. The changes that I was going to make were minor corrections, mostly to the stand-alone admin_usergroups page, so I don't think you'll have problems making corrections to the final release. you can use the beta and read the posts in this thread for any fixes. then, when I release the final version, I'll include instructions for updating the beta.

Go to Top of Page

Kent

United States
193 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2003 :  19:55:17  Show Profile
Thanks for the quick response. I'll download it and see what I have in store...

Thanks also for tackling this one -- it's at the top of my "Most Wanted" list!
Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 15 August 2003 :  12:50:25  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
Ok... little more info on the error on line 121 of the usergroups admin page in MySQL db...

quote:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e21'

Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.

/forum/admin_usergroups.asp, line 121

The name being entered is limited to a shot name (same with the description)... so what I have been having to do is this: make a new group with the name of "test" and the description of "test" and then go in and edit it afterwards.

When creating a new group, you still get an error:

quote:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e21'

ODBC driver does not support the requested properties.

/forum/admin_usergroups.asp, line 84

When creating any new groups. Though the group is still created and we just have to go up and click on the "UserGroups Manager" link at the top of the page.

SOOOOO... looks like 2 bugs... one that either prevents or hinders the first record creation... and then subsequent creation being limited to very short names.

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 15 August 2003 :  17:19:26  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
Usergroups.asp

~line #153 the tables called call the wrong members prefix in the following section...
	Case "ViewUsers"
		'## grab Users in this UserGroup
		strSql = "SELECT M.MEMBER_ID, M.M_NAME  FROM " & strTablePrefix & "MEMBERS M " &_
			"INNER JOIN " & strTablePrefix & "USERGROUP_MEMBERS UM ON M.MEMBER_ID = UM.MEMBER_ID " &_
			"WHERE UM.MEMBER_TYPE = 1 AND UM.USERGROUP_ID = " & GroupID & " ORDER BY M.M_NAME"
		set rsUGMem = my_Conn.execute(strSql)
		arUGMem1 = Null

That section should be changed as follows:

Case "ViewUsers"
		'## grab Users in this UserGroup
		strSql = "SELECT M.MEMBER_ID, M.M_NAME  FROM " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS M " &_
			"INNER JOIN " & strTablePrefix & "USERGROUP_MEMBERS UM ON M.MEMBER_ID = UM.MEMBER_ID " &_
			"WHERE UM.MEMBER_TYPE = 1 AND UM.USERGROUP_ID = " & GroupID & " ORDER BY M.M_NAME"
		set rsUGMem = my_Conn.execute(strSql)
		arUGMem1 = Null

Making the tablePrefix to the memberPrefix

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 15 August 2003 :  17:25:05  Show Profile
thanks Mike.

Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 15 August 2003 :  20:35:41  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
np :) I'm using this mod and Holy Cow!!! Talk about a Management Dream Come True!!!!

This is by far the absolute best MOD I have ever used (even with the buggs).

Had to learn not to disallow anything in any of my groups though... that one got me up front :)

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 15 August 2003 :  20:40:04  Show Profile
Thanks for the compliment. What happened when you disallowed?

Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 15 August 2003 :  23:53:42  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
well

I have about 16 different forums, and want people in some groups to see some forums, and members in others to not, and I didn't understand how the usergroups worked... so I had set each group to allow and disallow on all 16 forums. And a mix of my 180 members are in different multiple forums with access. So by doing the full allow/dissalow on each forum for each group, no one could get into anything, caus the forum takes the strictest permission and applies it to the member in question.

So I just restructured all my groups and all my permissions to have most of my forums as Allowed Members (Hidden), and set each group to just "allow" the members in the forums I wanted each group to have access too, this way if you are a member of more than one group, you aquire access to the forums that group has, but don't lose access to others.

Basicaly I have 4 major groups that everyone is a member of that uses the forums. Each of those 4 groups have general access. I have 4 smaller groups with extera special access. Then I set up 4 restricted groups with "Dissallow" permissions. So new members who should not have access to private data will be a member of the primary group they are a part of, but also a member of the restriction level that is apropriate for their level in the organization. Once they are fully indocternated, they get removed from the restricted group and aquire the full group permissions.

Works perfect... I was just operating under the wrong model before ;)

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07