Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2003 :  18:41:55  Show Profile
you mean from post.asp you tried to edit it? can you post a link to text versions of post and post_info?

Nikkol ~ Help Us Help You | ReadMe | 3.4.03 fixes | security fixes ~
Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 26 August 2003 :  00:05:04  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
Yes... post.asp in edit mode on a URL... won't save the settings... I have to go into each group and set the permissions for that URL in the group itself... Editing forum properties seems to work fine.

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 26 August 2003 :  07:37:24  Show Profile
oh okay, just a URL then. I'll look later and see. If you find the reason why, let me know :)

Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 30 August 2003 :  12:06:22  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
kk :)

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 01 September 2003 :  12:53:00  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
Wow, when I looked at this the first time it really scared me off, but when I checked it out alittle more I decided to test it. This was by far the easiest mod I've ever implemented (well.. I don't count the "upload-a-file-and-you're-done-mods.. ) and it works like a charm. I checked the mod implementation forum and found how I could get this to work on a MySql-db. The checklist was a really neat feature! Would like to see more mods with this good package =)
Thanks alot for this!

FYI:
I'm running on a unix server (and a win2k) with MySql and both work ok.

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 01 September 2003 :  16:10:30  Show Profile
cool. thanks tribaliztic for the compliments.

Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 03 September 2003 :  15:53:22  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
I seem to have the same problem as Gargoyle though...
When a user register on my forum (no problem whatsoever with that part) he/she isn't added to the default usergroup (wich has "auto join" ON). I run Snitz/Serverhacker on MySQL on a unix server. All "bugfixes" in this thread is added and also the one that altisdesign entered. I can't find an answer to why this won't work on this forum, and I don't know wich asp page you would want to take a look at either. Sorry if I should've posted this in the "mod implementation" forum but since Gargoyle posted the same problem here I did so too...

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 03 September 2003 :  15:56:57  Show Profile
Please post it in the mod implementation forum and we can continue the discussion there. It may be specific to the serverhacker version, with which I am unfamiliar, so I cannot guarantee a solution.

Go to Top of Page

wizard

208 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2003 :  01:50:18  Show Profile  Visit wizard's Homepage
I'm waiting for the version to get out of beta. Hope it is soon . Anyway, keep up the good work!
Go to Top of Page

jeffery

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2003 :  18:14:29  Show Profile
I'd like to start creating menu items in inc_header and other places based on user groups. For instance, I'm running Serverhackers modded forum and would like to show sitenews blocks based on group membership. Would it be best to put code such as
				strSql = "SELECT U.USERGROUP_NAME, U.MEM_HIDE FROM " & strTablePrefix & "USERGROUPS U, " &_
					strTablePrefix & "USERGROUP_MEMBERS UM " &_
					"WHERE U.USERGROUP_ID = UM.USERGROUP_ID " &_
					"AND UM.MEMBER_TYPE = 1 " &_
					"AND UM.MEMBER_ID = " & ppMember_ID & " " &_
					"ORDER BY U.USERGROUP_NAME"
				set rsPPGroups = my_Conn.execute(strSql)
in config.asp or inc_header? or will there be a variable already set somhow?

These may be things you are woking on for the official release but I thought I'd ask anyway.

www.thomasforum.com
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2003 :  20:58:52  Show Profile
any sql statement would need to go in inc_header after the connection is already made. I'm not sure I know what you are trying to do, so I can't answer your other questions.

There is a session variable created for the usergroup membership. you can take a look at the modification to see the names and the info kept in them. Maybe if you explain what you mean by "show sitenews blocks" I could give a better suggestion.

However, you really need to post something like this in the MOD w/o code, as this is a modification on a mod.

Go to Top of Page

jeffery

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2003 :  12:30:52  Show Profile
Hi Nikkol,

I just want to show menus on any given page based on group membership. The code above is just your code from pop_profile but I'm tempted to use it with this line
"AND UM.MEMBER_ID = " & ppMember_ID & " " &_
changed to something like
"AND UM.MEMBER_ID = " & MemberID & " " &_
with an 'if then' statement to show a menu. Or even better, case statements to dynamically show menus based on group membership. I am unclear at this point how to use session variables. Which would suit best? I'll just have to mull over your mod for a while until I understand it ... still learning. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thank you for your help.

www.thomasforum.com
Go to Top of Page

jeffery

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2003 :  13:09:10  Show Profile
hold on ... getGroupMembership(MemberID, 1) duh!

www.thomasforum.com
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2003 :  14:37:48  Show Profile
so did you figure it out?

Go to Top of Page

jeffery

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2003 :  14:54:49  Show Profile
Yes, but I'm contemplating creating a primary group funtion now. Sorry, this discussion should probably be in MODS w/o code. This mod has some very cool possibilities as a few have already mentioned. Thank you.

www.thomasforum.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07