Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2003 :  07:22:44  Show Profile
Nice looking mod, will try it out later, does it apply to signiture pictures aswell as pictures in posts, might be nice to have settings for both for forums with size restrictions on signiture pictures.

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2003 :  08:19:22  Show Profile
I've just installed the mod but the resizeImage function doesn't fire, the popup works though, see here http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15960 , my max width is 400 so those pics should resize.

Edit: if I remove the if statement in resizeImage() and leave the code within (effectively resizing all images) it works fine, it seems that the if statement is not working correctly?
I then added alert(thisimage.width) before the if statement, the alert box showed 0 for the width???

The UK MkIVs Forum

Edited by - DavidRhodes on 10 September 2003 09:38:55
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2003 :  10:41:35  Show Profile
Still having problems, it seems to only work for me when I haven't previously seen an image, when I go back into a post, the image will be full size

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

seven

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2003 :  17:58:05  Show Profile  Visit seven's Homepage
off topic... I love the way you did the css for topic quotes. Do you share the code for this anywhere?

Edited by - seven on 11 September 2003 17:58:25
Go to Top of Page

AWD_ENVY

103 Posts

Posted - 12 September 2003 :  08:25:55  Show Profile
In "inc_func_common.asp" around line 693 change:

if fField_Type <> "signature" and fField_Type <> "title" then
		fString = doCode(fString, "{quote}", "{/quote}", "<blockquote id=""quote""><font size=""" & strFooterFontSize & """ face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ id=""quote"">quote:<hr height=""1"" noshade id=""quote"">", "<hr height=""1"" noshade id=""quote""></blockquote id=""quote""></font id=""quote"">")
	end if

to look like

fString = doCode(fString, "{quote}", "{/quote}", "<blockquote class=""quote"">Quote: <i>", "</i></blockquote>")
	end if	
NOTE: Make sure to change the "{" & "}" tags in the above code to "[" and "]" tags.... as this forum will not let you put the quote tags in code statements for view.

And then Add the following to your CSS's in "inc_Header.asp" & "inc_header_short.asp"

Response.Write (".quote {background-color:#FEFEEF;margin:0px;padding:3px;border:1px solid #999966;color:black;font-size:8pt;}")
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 13 September 2003 :  18:20:43  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
Sounds like a very useful tool.

I am, however, completely befuddled by the instructions.

Step 1 - Clear. No problem.

Step 2 - This reads:

2.) CHANGE TO inc_func_common.asp
-----------------------------------------------------------

At the bottom of the page (right before the closing </body> tag), inside inc_footer.asp, place the following line:

<div id="showimage" style="position:absolute;visibility:hidden;border:1px solid black"></div>

What does this even mean? Which file gets the edit, inc_func_common or inc_footer?

Steps 3 & 4 - I've learned through this thread that those two additional bits of code go in inc_header, but where?

Would greatly appreciate it if someone who has successfully installed this MOD could clarify this for me, and for others who are undoubtedly experiencing similar confusion.

Rich
[size=1]A Complete Idiot's Guide to MOD Implementation || On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 15 September 2003 :  07:47:16  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by AWD_ENVY

In "inc_func_common.asp" around line 693 change:

fString = doCode(fString, "{quote}", "{/quote}", "<blockquote id=""quote""><font size=""" & strFooterFontSize & """ face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ id=""quote"">quote:<hr height=""1"" noshade id=""quote"">", "<hr height=""1"" noshade id=""quote""></blockquote id=""quote""></font id=""quote"">")
	end if

to look like

fString = doCode(fString, "{quote}", "{/quote}", "<blockquote class=""quote"">Quote: <i>", "</i></blockquote>")
	end if	
NOTE: Make sure to change the "{" & "}" tags in the above code to "[" and "]" tags.... as this forum will not let you put the quote tags in code statements for view.

And then Add the following to your CSS's in "inc_Header.asp" & "inc_header_short.asp"

Response.Write (".quote {background-color:#FEFEEF;margin:0px;padding:3px;border:1px solid #999966;color:black;font-size:8pt;}")

you'll need the code to undo the doCode function, ie. when editing, but this should be in another topic

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2003 :  05:33:37  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by richfed

Sounds like a very useful tool.

I am, however, completely befuddled by the instructions.

Step 1 - Clear. No problem.

Step 2 - This reads:

2.) CHANGE TO inc_func_common.asp
-----------------------------------------------------------

At the bottom of the page (right before the closing </body> tag), inside inc_footer.asp, place the following line:

<div id="showimage" style="position:absolute;visibility:hidden;border:1px solid black"></div>

What does this even mean? Which file gets the edit, inc_func_common or inc_footer?

Steps 3 & 4 - I've learned through this thread that those two additional bits of code go in inc_header, but where?

Would greatly appreciate it if someone who has successfully installed this MOD could clarify this for me, and for others who are undoubtedly experiencing similar confusion.

Would someone please be so kind as to assist me in the placement of this code? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2003 :  04:23:30  Show Profile
2. the code goes at the bottom of inc_footer.asp, above the <body> tag.

3/4. between the <head></head> tags, where the other CSS definitions are..

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2003 :  05:03:59  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
Thank you David ... will try it again!
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2003 :  19:30:51  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
I continue to struggle with this one ...

I think I have the code on inc_func_common.asp correct. That's pretty straight forward.

The other two, inc_header & inc_footer are another story. I was getting syntax errors & expected end of statement errors on both of them. Kept trying different things - getting slightly different errors. When I uploaded all the files at once, it was inc_footer.asp getting the error. What does that one line of code need to be surrounded with?

Then, I tried 'em one at a time - uploaded only the modded inc_header.asp. This is my major problem, for I truly have little idea of where to place these two code bits. I think I had them, generally, in the correct area, but had something wrong, obviously. Do these two code bits need to be bracketed in any way? And, please, point me toward a little more definitive placement. I really have no clue on this one ... yet, it usefulness on my forum would be high!

Rich
[size=1]A Complete Idiot's Guide to MOD Implementation || On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

Umlungu
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2003 :  11:25:29  Show Profile
I have updated this mod and posted about it at:

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47947
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2003 :  16:12:10  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
That's much better! Easy to figure out & seems to be working fine.

Thanks for redoing this.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07