Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2004 :  13:40:39  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
This is a common problem - try a search with 'Operation must use an updateable query'
Also, please edit your last post and remove the details for what appears to be the admin account!

Snitz 'Speedball' : Site Integration Mod : Friendly Registration Mod
"In war, the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won"

Edited by - D3mon on 26 April 2004 13:42:01
Go to Top of Page

LeeC
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 14 June 2004 :  15:16:47  Show Profile  Visit LeeC's Homepage
Finally had a chance to sit down and put up a beta version of Speedball on my forums... and wow. Just wow. Speedball shaves off signifcant load times (.11 secs vs .6 seconds). I'm looking at converting a couple of other mods out there, and I noticed that some folks were talking about doing the conversions themselves. Before I dive into it... has anyone converted the Poll and Active Users mod? I searched the boards and SnitzBitz, but couldn't find it. Avatar, PM and everything else I need are already done--just missing the Polls and Active Users. Anyone? Beuller? :D

http://www.ohwtf.com/forum2/index.asp

^^ Is the "homepage" for the new speedball version of the site, if anyone cares to take a peek.

Oh WTF!com
Convergence - an MMORPG guild
.rdw. a CS clan
GotFrag? - Your online eSports resource

urK?!?

Edited by - LeeC on 14 June 2004 15:18:36
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 14 June 2004 :  15:43:05  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
Glad you like it LeeC. Yes, the mod situation is somewhat troublesome. I don't believe those mods have been offically converted yet - but few people will officially 'release' Speedball-tweaked versions of exisiting mods as they would then have to take on the task of supporting them.

"In war, the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won"
Go to Top of Page

LeeC
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 14 June 2004 :  15:57:02  Show Profile  Visit LeeC's Homepage
Hehe D3mon. Yea. I have 3 or 4 mods that I haven't released just because I know I won't be able to support them :(

I'd be happy to take an unsupported conversion of either of those too (HINT HINT!) with a promise not to email or pester anyone with questions - I can be emailed at: lee (AT) ohwtf dot com

Oh WTF!com
Convergence - an MMORPG guild
.rdw. a CS clan
GotFrag? - Your online eSports resource

urK?!?
Go to Top of Page

Ranko

400 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2004 :  05:11:58  Show Profile
I was just playing around with the Speedball and I noticed it claims it is Snitz 3.4.03, Shouldn't it be .04?

If not, can you tell us what the actuall differences are?
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2004 :  05:23:57  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
Speedball2 is based on Snitz 3.4.03, but with all the updated code in 3.4.04 applied. This was much simpler than applying the massive number of Speedball adjustments to a fresh version of 3.4.04.
It still reports itself as 3.4.03 though as I've not yet got round to working out how to modify the setup.asp code to change the reported code version.

Go to Top of Page

The Impact

Australia
398 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2004 :  06:39:23  Show Profile
quote:
It still reports itself as 3.4.03 though as I've not yet got round to working out how to modify the setup.asp code to change the reported code version.
Have you tried editing the database value FORUM_CONFIG_NEW.STRVERSION ?
Go to Top of Page

aspwiz

250 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2004 :  10:19:11  Show Profile  Visit aspwiz's Homepage
Can Someone please post an [UPDATE] code that will change the database variable FORUM_CONFIG_NEW.STRVERSION to 3.4.04 ?

I was thinking something I could just run in the alternative mod setup.
Go to Top of Page

Ranko

400 Posts

Posted - 27 July 2004 :  20:51:45  Show Profile
Anyone having problems with the jump to last post icon? When I try to use it on threads that are longer than one page I get redirected to the default.asp page; no explanation.
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 27 July 2004 :  23:01:55  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
quote:
Anyone having problems with the jump to last post icon? When I try to use it on threads that are longer than one page I get redirected to the default.asp page; no explanation.

This isn't caused by the Speedball modifications - anyway, you might want to read these topics:
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53524
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50865

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

Ranko

400 Posts

Posted - 28 July 2004 :  06:13:08  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by OneWayMule

quote:

This isn't caused by the Speedball modifications - anyway, you might want to read these topics:
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53524
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50865

See that is just my problem. I was a godd boy and searched before asking, and read through those. Now before I uploaded Snitz, I was using 3.4.04 Snitz, and had no problems. And on all versions of my board I used the OLEDB connection.
Go to Top of Page

Actor
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 14 August 2004 :  20:45:17  Show Profile
I would love to use Speedball. However, after much searching both here and Snitzbitz, I cannot for the life of me find the private message mod for speedball.

I also need Smile Manager and, to a lesser extent, the avatar mod. Can someone point me in the right direction please?
Go to Top of Page

Actor
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 16 August 2004 :  23:08:55  Show Profile
OK, I am trying to install the Private Message mod for speedball again, and am having the same problem as my last attempt (I asked for help a few pages back.) On the read me file for PM it asks to find the following, near line #437 in the header.asp file:

' DEM --> End of Code added to show subscriptions if they exist
	Response.Write	"          |" & vbNewline & _
			"          <a href=""members.asp""" & dWStatus("Current members of these forums...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Current members of these forums..."">Members</acronym></a>" & vbNewline & _
			"          |" & vbNewline

...and to "make it look like this":

Response.Write	"          |" & vbNewline & _
			"          <a href=""" & strForumURL & "members.asp"" tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Current members of these forums...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Current members of these forums..."">Members</acronym></a>" & vbNewline & _
			"          |" & vbNewline

Response.Write " | " & _
	"<a href=""" & strForumURL & "members.asp"" tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Current members of these forums..."">Members</acronym></a>" & _
	" | " & vbNewline
			If strPMStatus = "1" then
	Response.Write "<a href=""" & strForumURL & "pm_view.asp"" tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Check Your Private Messages..."">Private Messages" 
			if pmcount > 0 then Response.Write "(<b>" & pmcount & "</b>)" 
	Response.' DEM --> End of Code added to show subscriptions if they exist
	Response.Write " | " & _
	"<a href=""" & strForumURL & "members.asp"" tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Current members of these forums..."">Members</acronym></a>" & _
	" | " & _Write "</acronym></a>" & _
			" |" & vbNewline
			end if
	Response.Write "<a href=""search.asp"

Sounds easy huh? The thing is, the code im asked to change is not in the original header.inc file that comes with the speedball download. Or at least, it is not written in the same way. Can someone please tell me what exactly needs to be replaced or added to the header file at this point and where?

Go to Top of Page

tjhilder

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2004 :  08:43:26  Show Profile  Visit tjhilder's Homepage
I wonder if theres a possibility that someone could create a zipped up version with loads of mods added that we could just download and put our data.mdb file on (and set config.asp correctly)

any ideas on where I might find one?

"I must have a bad immune system because I catch colds better then I catch trains" - TJ 2004
Go to Top of Page

Actor
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2004 :  22:00:48  Show Profile
I'm getting this kind of error message if it helps:

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript compilation (0x800A0401)
Expected end of statement
/forum/inc_header.asp, line 502, column 122
" <a href=""" & strForumURL & "members.asp"" tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Current members of these forums...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Current members of these forums..."">Members</acronym></a>" & vbNewline & _
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^

I could really do with a little help installing the private message mod. Has anyone else installed it OK?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07